** Anyone Receive EVO Engine Spacers Yet? ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
** Anyone Receive EVO Engine Spacers Yet? ***

I am forced to post this thread to ask if anyone from the group buy has received their EVO engine spacers yet??

I send emails to them and dont get any answers... Anyone know the status?
Old 01-02-2005, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Originally Posted by vrus
I am forced to post this thread to ask if anyone from the group buy has received their EVO engine spacers yet??

vrus,

I recieved mine. Haven't installed them yet.

-m
Old 01-02-2005, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Received mine early last week. I know Brad said all of them were sent out before Xmas.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:35 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
How do these engine spacers work? Is it a hard install? What exactly do these spacers do? And where can i get them, evosport?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:46 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for letting me know guys...

I wish EVO would be more responsive and reply to emails.

I guess I am a little irritated because I jumped so quickly when Brad asked for emails to be sent to confirm a spot on the group buy (I think I was the first one to put my name on the list) and I haven't received mine yet. Actually if I would of gotten some feedback from them it wouldnt bother me so much.

I was billed on my credit card on Dec 21, but I havent received anything so far and didn't even get a tracking # for the shipment.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
got mine last week too. possibly install them soon
Old 01-02-2005, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Vrus: Sorry for the delay in getting your spacers. The group buy went out right before Christmas. Perhaps it is some kind of shipping delay. I will have Mike in sales check on your order first thing Monday morning. Thank you for waiting.

Sunny55: Here is the link to earlier post:

http://https://mbworld.org/forums/sh...ighlight=R%26D
Old 01-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned

got mine too, they lower IAC by 75 degrees for 0-60 times of 3.5 to 3.7 seconds.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:40 PM

'07 E63; 05 C55 gone; '02 C32 gone;1996 SL320;1978 280CE Gone
Vadim: I could not get the post you set out in your response to Sunny. What is purpose of engine spacers, how do they work, etc. Thanks
Old 01-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
Vrus: Sorry for the delay in getting your spacers. The group buy went out right before Christmas. Perhaps it is some kind of shipping delay. I will have Mike in sales check on your order first thing Monday morning. Thank you for waiting.

Sunny55: Here is the link to earlier post:

http://https://mbworld.org/forums/sh...ighlight=R%26D
While I appreciate that you are having sales check my order, I dont understand how it could be a shipping delay as I was the first one on the group buy confirmation list. If all orders were sent out, how could mine be delayed?? My credit card was billed on Dec. 21.

Anyways, please let me know the explanation.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
vrus,

I don't want to make excuses, but as someone who's dealt with shipping parts many times - there are very often delays on shipping to Canada because of customs, especially now with the hightened terrorism alerts. It effects going in and out of the USA.

-m
Old 01-02-2005, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Vrus: My apologies once again, we will get back to you Monday morning. Fedex did have a problem with shipping right before Christmas. We will know what happened for sure tomorrow.

dsC32: Sorry, try this link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/88232-latest-r-d.html
Old 01-03-2005, 01:00 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Thanks Vadim. Seems like a very logical mod. Have you guys tested the difference in the engine temps? Is it still $199?
Old 01-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I ended up rolling down to Evosport to get them installed. They are about 30 minutes from where I live. Brad made sure the install went quickly because he knew I was waiting in their "waiting" room. Went by really quick and painlessly.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by vrus

Forced - well, ok

First, it was a holiday week. Also, you live out of country. These things do tend to lengthen shipping times.

Additionally, I personally have ZERO e-mails from you. You know that with the SPAM blocks and filters in place, e-mail is hardly 100% reliable, right? In fact, we average about 10-15% loss on out-bound e-mails due to these reasons.

In the future, you would be better served to actually contact us by phone if needed (we do have a toll-free number).

It is very disappointing to me that people choose to assume the worst and jump to a public forum, rather then just picking up a phone. Very sad impact that the net has had on retail sales, industry to industry. I see it happen all too often.

No specific explanation will be given via this board on this matter or any other customer-specific transaction, as it is just not the proper place or method.

Again, I welcome you to contact US directly in the future for any issue you may have.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You want some cheese with that whine? The guy only asked if others got their order. Maybe he shoulda called (your toll free number doesn't do much for someone out of the country and if he found out about the item online then certainly he can inquire about it online) but your little soapbox speech is hardly professional.

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Forced - well, ok

First, it was a holiday week. Also, you live out of country. These things do tend to lengthen shipping times.

Additionally, I personally have ZERO e-mails from you. You know that with the SPAM blocks and filters in place, e-mail is hardly 100% reliable, right? In fact, we average about 10-15% loss on out-bound e-mails due to these reasons.

In the future, you would be better served to actually contact us by phone if needed (we do have a toll-free number).

It is very disappointing to me that people choose to assume the worst and jump to a public forum, rather then just picking up a phone. Very sad impact that the net has had on retail sales, industry to industry. I see it happen all too often.

No specific explanation will be given via this board on this matter or any other customer-specific transaction, as it is just not the proper place or method.

Again, I welcome you to contact US directly in the future for any issue you may have.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-03-2005, 03:19 PM

'07 E63; 05 C55 gone; '02 C32 gone;1996 SL320;1978 280CE Gone
Thanks for the link Vadim. I didn't know what I was getting into. No wonder you did not want to start over with an explanation to answer my question.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Forced - well, ok

Thanks,
Brad
Nice job Brad! I guess you showed that customer!

I liked Vadim's response much better.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

?????????????

Originally Posted by Peter B
got mine too, they lower IAC by 75 degrees for 0-60 times of 3.5 to 3.7 seconds.
Are you saying these simple spacers bring our 0-60 times down to 3.5-3.7?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for the responses guys.

Brad sent me an email and it seems that my package was sitting in the sales department.. No one noticed that it didn't go out and since they didn't get my emails, they weren't aware of this.

They gave me a tracking # so it should be on its way.. Hopefully it wont take forever to get across the border. Looking forward to the install.. It should help with the engine temp issue. I would recommend anyone who is going to install these to wrap their air boxes at the same time (since they have to come out during install anyways)..

I know Marcus did the heat wrap with some good results and I am going to be doing the same also.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
vrus,

I don't want to make excuses, but as someone who's dealt with shipping parts many times - there are very often delays on shipping to Canada because of customs, especially now with the hightened terrorism alerts. It effects going in and out of the USA.

-m
Hey Marcus,

Yeah.. I know what you mean. I've order tons of stuff for my cars and alot of it has been through California with various vendors. I've had no problems getting stuff across the border as long as everything is labelled and has appropriate accompanying documentation. But, I know there are delays sometimes...

Did you end up getting those headers??
Old 01-03-2005, 10:18 PM

E55
I can't believe you responded to a customer in this way. Here are the only two rules you need to remember Brad. Rule #1 The customer is always right. Rule #2 if the customer is ever wrong go back to rule number 1.

I am going to follow the results that this board has with the spacers, because, it would have to be the next best thing to clear aluminum for me to order a product from a company that rolls its eyes at customer issues. That was the eye roll icon you used wasn't it?

You lost points here in a big way Brad.

Forced - well, ok

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-03-2005, 10:21 PM

E55
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
You want some cheese with that whine? The guy only asked if others got their order. Maybe he shoulda called (your toll free number doesn't do much for someone out of the country and if he found out about the item online then certainly he can inquire about it online) but your little soapbox speech is hardly professional.
Nice.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Alright everyone, let's take it easy. Take a deep breath - and group hug here.

Holidays can be stressful, and I can definitely see both sides of the arguement here. Let's just all relax and not make a big tiff because some spacers got delayed. Most people got their's so I'm sure there's a good reason Victor didn't get his yet... almost positively having to deal with being out of the country and around the busy holiday shipping season.

Victor - I didn't get my headers yet, it's winter here and I'm working on a house so I don't have much time for mods. I have a Wald trunk lid and the Evosport spacers just sitting in my garage... probably will need to wait until March :-\

-m
Old 01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Man some E55 owners are a cranky bunch. Marcus is right, everyone just chill.

Rev It Up - The customer is NOT always right, that's just a myth all the companies leak out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ** Anyone Receive EVO Engine Spacers Yet? ***