Sponsored by:

Performance Upgrades on the E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55 & 04 Armada
Performance Upgrades on the E55

I'm sure you guys have been through this before, but as I am new on the site, here goes:
What are some of the better performance upgrades you can do on the E55 that don't mess with the factory warantee?
More importantly, where would I get them from.

thanks
ray
p.s.
My 25 mile one way commute to work is all of sudden way too short!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
RENNtech, Kleemann, Brabus, etc. You name it. There are a handful of trusted and great performance kits from the above-listed companies.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:33 PM

04 E55 & 04 Armada
Will they void the factory warantee?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:58 PM

a car
You can go with an exhaust, ECU chip, pulleys. Going back to the ECU chip, people were talking, that there was a place in California, that will upgrade your chip, and when the dealership goes to test it, they won't be able to detect the changes, thus not voiding your warranty.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm actually looking into an exhaust system myself. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm thinking Eisenmann but do you guys thing maybe that bypass valve system is a good idea? Also, does it void any warranties?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
eleanor, get a custom exhaust done. If you're in LA I have a real good guy that makes badass one off exhausts for a lot of cars. All mandral bent too.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Guys, technically ANYTHING you do to your car that did not come from MB will void your warranty. It all depends on the relationship you have with your dealer. My dealer knows I did the Renntech kit and they were cool with it. As I stated in another thread I 'fessed up to them when they had a regional tech to come look at my stalling problem. The foreman was kinda nervous about it, but when I picked up the car he told me the tech was VERY appreciative that I was upfront with them.

Yesterday, I was talking to the accessories manager about SAT radio. I don't want the big antenna and told him about the small Terk. He said he would not offer it because it is not from MB and would void my warranty!! My salesman was there and laughed. An ANTENNA!!!!! He said he would do it for me, just understand if I have a problem with the SAT i'm not covered.

My suggestion if you are gonna mod your car. Develop a good relationship with your SA as well as the shop foreman. And then keep your fingers crossed.

Trending Topics

Old 01-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Almost a Member!

01 E55 AMG
There are several MB dealers in the USA that are also Kleemann distributors/installers. That is the route I would go if I had a w211 E55. Obviously this does not void your warranty.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:05 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Does anyone know which dealers, locations that are also Kleeman dealers?
Old 01-14-2005, 12:20 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by cte430
Guys, technically ANYTHING you do to your car that did not come from MB will void your warranty.
No, your statement is completly incorrect.

With regard to aftermarket parts, the gist of the law is that Warranty coverage cannot be denied simply becausesuch parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used.The Warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which Warranty coverage is sought.

Now if you replace your stock exhaust system with an aftermarket exhaust. Then have problems with your exhaust you can not expect to have MB fix your aftermarket exhaust. The dealer can not refuse to fix your sunroof, seats, SC, etc. just because you have an aftermarket part somplace on your car.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by 430
No, your statement is completly incorrect.

With regard to aftermarket parts, the gist of the law is that Warranty coverage cannot be denied simply becausesuch parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used.The Warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which Warranty coverage is sought.

Now if you replace your stock exhaust system with an aftermarket exhaust. Then have problems with your exhaust you can not expect to have MB fix your aftermarket exhaust. The dealer can not refuse to fix your sunroof, seats, SC, etc. just because you have an aftermarket part somplace on your car.
I'm well aware of that, should have been more specific. The thread did not specify one mod or the other.