Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pot Holes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pot Holes

I hit a big pot hole last Friday and thought I broke the car. It was bad. But after looking at it briefly, I didn't not notice anything. I went to the dealer yesterday to try to get a service appt when the porter there notice a bulg on the side wall of my tire. I went to the tire store and told me I had broken the belt of the Cont. I just replace the rears with PS2, but had lots of tread still on the fronts. Looks like I will now be getting PS2 on the fronts now. I think I could have gone 23K on the Cont for the fronts. Right now I have 18,500. The rears were switched out after 17K. Not to bad tread wear.

I am in So Cal, so pot holes are normally not an issue. Except these rains have killed our roads. Be carefull out there.

amgB
Old 01-18-2005, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Good thing your wheels weren't affected, but hey, what an excuse to get a brand spankin' new set of Michalin SP2 tires!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Better check your suspension and around it...... my wife hit a pot hole w/ my max, and screwed up the alignment that somehow no one except a body shop could fix.... cost me $400 to straighten it up.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Funny story, about a week ago I was on the LIE headed into Manhattan and hit this wicked bump. Not a hole, but a raise in the pavement. Maybe it was a hole at one point, I don't know. It amazes me how they fix this stuff. It's like someone says "hey, about a speed bump right here". Anyway, it was jarring and I was sure I would have a bubble on the tire, or worse yet a wheel or screwed up suspension. The good news was nothing affected. Car still drives great, no vibration, etc. I know exactly where this "bump" is, so I no to avoid it.

Yesterday i'm on my way into the city again, this time in my MIGHTY Ford Taurus company car (makes me want to shoot myself everytime I get in it) not caring what the hell I run over, into whatever. So, I hit the SAME EXACT bump as I did in my car last week. No bubble, but I know the front end is seriously screwed up. All kinds of noise, rattling, etc. The Benz definitely took that hit a lot better than the POS taurus. Maybe they do make these things better, LOL.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:37 AM

To all,

Thanks for your comment. The new PS2 are great.
So far I can't tell any alignment problems. But the way I hit that bump, I will get it realligned anyways. The ps2 costs so much, a reallignment is necessary just to make sure I have even tread wear.

Thanks.

amgB