Supra twin turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55 AMG
Supra twin turbo

Hey all,

I know this is a e55 amg forum, but once in awhile we discuss other really fast cars. I have owned a 95 supra twin turbo and it was a blast to drive. I upgraded to around (bpu++) 480 hp at the crank and it was amazing. I know that there are a few members here that own supras as well as their e55 beasts.

My best friend asked me if Benz ppl like Supras, i want to know if anyone is interested here in a 97 Royal Saphire Pearl Supra turbo. He is thinking about letting go of his beast and getting a CLS 55 AMG. He was gonna get the e55, but since i drive a lot with him, i told him to leave me alone and get the CLS....haha :p

Off the top of my head he has done the following to his supra

Brand new fully built engine:
Ferrea Valvetrain
Racing Port And Polished Cylinder Head
Bottom End Balanced and Blueprinted
Carillo H-Beam Rods
Arias Pistons
Slight Overbore
HRE 847 Wheels 19x8.5 and 19x11
Rod Millen Wing
Tein Coilovers
Sparco Seats
Custom Two Tone Interior
TRD Steering wheel
57,000 miles on body
100 miles on new engine.
790whp on 93 octane gas
ITS GT76 DBB Turbo
HKS Racing Ti Exhuast

Trust me, this beast flies, I have never been in a faster car, ever. There is a lot more work that he has done , but that is what i can remember off the top of my head. The engine is amazing. Anyway, just curious to see what kind of interest there is for Supras with AMG heads. I do not have any pics of his car, but i will ask him to send me some so i can post them. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I love supras. As an AMG owner and having a brother who drives a skyline I know what supras are capable of. My brother always talks about how fast supras and skylines are so nice and all. I do respect them for their tuning potential and there looks. IMO I think the supra along with the skyline are 2 of the best jdm cars in the world.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:09 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
benzo,
i totally agree with you. After supras and skylines are fully tuned, they are ridiculous. How did u import your gt-r? through motorex? or u did it urself and found a good deal in Japan? If i can get a r34 for a good price, i would definitely jump on that.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:33 PM

98 Silver turbo Supra

I have a bone stock 1998 Supra in Quicksilver that has less that 15,000 miles on it. I love the car...it is a blast to drive. Since 98 was the last year, and since there were damn few silver turbos imported, this car is worth keeping. Quicksilver was only a 98 color, and since this is a 6sp. turbo open roof, it is relatively rare. Toyota keeps horrid records, and since there is currently on accurate registry, some internet sites claim that there were fewer then 500 of these silver ones imported in 98....but, who knows. It is in pristine condition, and is kept in a a/c garage except to drive on the weekends. My 2004 E320 is my daily driver.

Jack
Old 01-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by Sunny55
benzo,
i totally agree with you. After supras and skylines are fully tuned, they are ridiculous. How did u import your gt-r? through motorex? or u did it urself and found a good deal in Japan? If i can get a r34 for a good price, i would definitely jump on that.
I got the car through Motorex. I too was lookin for a white R34 but couldn't because they weren't allowin any more GT-R's into the country. This was before I had the E55. It would have been funny to be known as the skyline bros. We are already pretty well known in our town as the guy with the skyline and the brother with the E55. Would have been nice to be known as the skyline bros. But oh well...The E55 is more then what I thought it would be. I have a fetish for fast sedans
Old 01-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I got the car through Motorex. I too was lookin for a white R34 but couldn't because they weren't allowin any more GT-R's into the country. This was before I had the E55. It would have been funny to be known as the skyline bros. We are already pretty well known in our town as the guy with the skyline and the brother with the E55. Would have been nice to be known as the skyline bros. But oh well...The E55 is more then what I thought it would be. I have a fetish for fast sedans
Hey, at least you can't make any unwanted babies.. :p
Old 01-25-2005, 08:49 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Supra's are the most fun car I have ever driven. Mine is a 97 TT 6spd with around 400hp. I would have have gone higher but wanted to keep the turbos stock and keep it mostly street legal. I might hang onto it once the e55 comes in next month but I never really have the time to take it out and have fun with it any more. I would drive it though over a 911, nsx, or viper any day unless maybe the 911 was turbo.