Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iForged wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm sure all forged wheel companies just starting out are gonna run into some kinda problems...its just gets overwhelming at times.

on a different note..check out this new forged wheel company bases in Whittier, CA...some raw pre production pieces

http://public.fotki.com/s4madman/~dc...ts/dcr_forged/

enjoy!!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by s4avantgarde
lowryder,

for a single vehicle application with say..big brake kit..wheels with a one piece outer system which dpe uses are not interchangeable on the lip size because you have a fixed register where the center bolts/(in dpes' case welds to) If they were to use the 2 piece outers then they would have lip adjustability.
If u "adjust lip sizes" you are changing the offsets completely. In order to maintain offset while changing lip sizes, the entire center pad size will equally need be adjusted, which means the wheels will need to be remachined all over again inorder to make it work.

Sometimes it might not even work at all because either the offset will be wrong, or the pad size will be too small to clear brakes/axel/suspension components etc.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned

no, the offset is determined by the pad height on the wheel center
Old 04-07-2005, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i'm sure all forged wheel companies just starting out are gonna run into some kinda problems...its just gets overwhelming at times.

on a different note..check out this new forged wheel company bases in Whittier, CA...some raw pre production pieces

http://public.fotki.com/s4madman/~dc...ts/dcr_forged/

enjoy!!
Correct me if I am wrong, but according to Manu at Europrojektz aren't you Dan Chen formerly an employee of Supreme Power Parts? Also known to some as S4Madman and dan@dcautoparts.com? DCR Forged wheels as in Dan Chen Racing Forged wheels?

If so, I think that is a bit shady to judge possible competitor's wheels.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

no, i'm not dan chien dude....wrong guy...

this is my new company
Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

nope, wrong guy...i dont think you should be spoutin off about something thats not your business.....Dan is my main distributor.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no, i'm not dan chien dude....wrong guy...

this is my new company

1) Your negative comments about other wheels companies are not valid since you own a wheel company yourself. So it is in your best interest to speak negatively about them. Not very professional I must say.

2) Shouldn't you be a board sponsor if you, yourself own a wheel company and advertising it on here?

I have been a contributing member on this board long before you came. Remember, my post was correct me if I am wrong. So you have corrected me and I have stated my opinion in return.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

Low,

First off...In my previous posts...I went into how DPE was not being honest to the end user by NOT STATING that they weld their wheels and use fake rivets...I just found this somewhat strange since they're supposed to be a repuatable forged wheels company.

Second, I am not advertising any pricing on DCR forged..just letting fellow board members know there is a new forged wheels company out there...So to answer your question, If I was selling the product directly here, I wouldnt have posted...But I am not..

Old 04-07-2005, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Low,

First off...In my previous posts...I went into how DPE was not being honest to the end user by NOT STATING that they weld their wheels and use fake rivets...I just found this somewhat strange since they're supposed to be a repuatable forged wheels company.

Second, I am not advertising any pricing on DCR forged..just letting fellow board members know there is a new forged wheels company out there...So to answer your question, If I was selling the product directly here, I wouldnt have posted...But I am not..

I am not here to cause an argument. As a standup member of this forum since 2001, I joined this site because I am a MB enthusiast. So I believe my opinion is reputable in this sense.

s4avantgarde if you do a search for all his posts (https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=453892) He is doing nothing, but downing other wheel brands while promoting his new wheel company in every forum thread and category on this board. That in my opinion which is shared by other people on this board (if you look at the posts) is SPAM. In some cases, you even state you work at Moven and the DCR will be half the cost of HRE. You should be a sponsor and support the site.

I think you would agree as an owner of a wheel company like you state, you should not call members of this forum such things as loser etc. https://mbworld.org/forums/deleted-threads/104166-new-forged-wheels-company-dcr-forged-performance-wheels.html

It is not a requirement to own a MB to join this forum, but respect should be given to those members who do and contribute to this site. Just my .02 cents.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Banned

word..i understand what you're saying. I dont know Dans history, but he is a good guy. maybe things you are hearing about him is strictly heresay. As i said before, I was just stating that a reputable forged wheel company should state things like using fake rivets and welding wheels and the such. Those types of inadvertant gimmicks should be reserved for cheaper products, not a 2500 dollar + set of wheels. my two cents
Old 04-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Banned

i apologize for the minimal name calling..but if a guy (amir) gonna come at me like he knows everything under the sun about forged wheels (although he doesnt) then i'm gonna retalitate. If I was talking about the center section being welded to the outer, and he was saying that the two outer halves are welded together, I was just trying to prove a point..that wheel manufacturers dont do that..

I was just trying to inform consumers that DPE does in fact use fake rivets and welds all of their wheels. Sub par by forged wheel industry standards.
A fact is a fact..that is all.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:22 PM

E46 M3, 05 E55
so, which one is better welded or siliconed?

I was just trying to inform consumers that DPE does in fact use fake rivets and welds all of their wheels. Sub par by forged wheel industry standards.
A fact is a fact..that is all.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
don't mess with my dog LR, or vader's comming for you.....
Old 04-07-2005, 11:51 PM

i think the dcr designs look a little too much like hre... though i guess there's really only so many ways you can design a wheel. the thing about the bolts kinda sucks but one thing i like about dpe wheels is that they have their own designs which do look different from hre and iforged. dcr and iforged for the most part look like hre knockoffs. granted not all of dpe's designs look good, at least they do try to put out some different designs. those dcr wheels do look pretty good, but it would be cool if they could come up with some new designs to set themselves apart from the other forged wheel companies.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vader13
don't mess with my dog LR, or vader's comming for you.....
Haha, we need to get together sometimes just like the old days!!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by LowRydeR
With all do respect Teej, I know the full side of this story in which in all do fairness needs to be said for everyone to know. This way they can make a unbiased judgement.

The problem is not with DPE, but with the retailer (who I may add is no longer a retailer). The retailer for one did not turn over the order for a few weeks to DPE. Second, when the order was placed, a down payment according to DPE policy is required. No down payment was given. In fact, the retailer owed the consumer some money/credit so the consumer stated to use this money towards a down payment for the wheels. No down payment was made to DPE. Thus according to policy, the wheels should not have been rolled into production, but nonetheless because DPE wants to help the consumer, they started the wheels.

Let's already take into account the wheels are already 2-3wks in production according to the consumer. The consumer has no idea the retailer submitted it 2-3wks after they said they would (without the down payment).

Then the consumer decides to tell the retailer that they want to change the wheels size from 20's to 19's. The 20's (already in production) were stopped. DPE made the change to 19's, thus starting all over again. DPE notified the retailer to communicate this to the consumer.

So the real issue is not with DPE, but with the retailer (who is no longer an authorized dealer) and lack of communication with them. One must be careful before posting things of this nature without the full story because it can be detrimental to a company's reputation.

Hope that helps and clears things.
I was gonna refrain from posting till the situation was over with to be fair in the matter, but, cause of this post I changed my mind.

First off, LowRyder who are again? Do you work for Dpe cause I know just about all the guys from Dpe and can't figure out where you come in the mix. Since you know "the full side of the story" let me go ahead and give you mine.

First I want to make it clear that no matter how this post comes out looking I am not here to bash Dpe or the retailer, I am here to tell my side of the story only. I also want to make it clear that the set I am waiting for will be my third set of wheels from them in case anyone questions my loyalty as a customer to Dpe and the retailer.

Lets get the time frame set first. I made sure that Jojo (co-owner) of dpe contact me when he had the PO and deposit. He called me the first time late January to tell me he recieved a PO for my wheels. I found out from the retailer that he had not given the deposit to Dpe till Feb 1st at which point I made the retailer have Jojo call me again to verify that he recieved both deposit and PO from the retailer. So in my eyes no matter what the retailer or dpe says I was told directly from Dpe that my order went through on Feb 1st. If I recall policy is a 4-6 week delivery time frame from day of order. I didn't even start calling the retailer till week 9 so I think I have been cool about the situation. "No down payment was made to DPE. Thus according to policy, the wheels should not have been rolled into production, but nonetheless because DPE wants to help the consumer, they started the wheels. " if this were true, in my eyes of time frame, I should have my wheels by now.

As far me changing the order from 20's to 19's I have no idea who made that up and infact I wish I still had the voicemail on my phone cause Jojo verified the order for me ON FEB 1st and he said 19's. The only thing I did change a day or two after the order was going from having the rivets to no rivets. I don't think thats a problem cause I am sure wheels weren't in production a day or two after the order was placed.

Anyways, it just so happened that Jojo called me while typing this post and things are trying to get resolved. I just wanted to respond to LowrydeR's post cause you claimed I changed things on the order thus causeing some of the delay. Like I said in the begining I don't know you so I don't think you have the "full story" but just one of the many sides of it.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by DOCAMG55
I was gonna refrain from posting till the situation was over with to be fair in the matter, but, cause of this post I changed my mind.

First off, LowRyder who are again? Do you work for Dpe cause I know just about all the guys from Dpe and can't figure out where you come in the mix. Since you know "the full side of the story" let me go ahead and give you mine.

First I want to make it clear that no matter how this post comes out looking I am not here to bash Dpe or the retailer, I am here to tell my side of the story only. I also want to make it clear that the set I am waiting for will be my third set of wheels from them in case anyone questions my loyalty as a customer to Dpe and the retailer.

Lets get the time frame set first. I made sure that Jojo (co-owner) of dpe contact me when he had the PO and deposit. He called me the first time late January to tell me he recieved a PO for my wheels. I found out from the retailer that he had not given the deposit to Dpe till Feb 1st at which point I made the retailer have Jojo call me again to verify that he recieved both deposit and PO from the retailer. So in my eyes no matter what the retailer or dpe says I was told directly from Dpe that my order went through on Feb 1st. If I recall policy is a 4-6 week delivery time frame from day of order. I didn't even start calling the retailer till week 9 so I think I have been cool about the situation. "No down payment was made to DPE. Thus according to policy, the wheels should not have been rolled into production, but nonetheless because DPE wants to help the consumer, they started the wheels. " if this were true, in my eyes of time frame, I should have my wheels by now.

As far me changing the order from 20's to 19's I have no idea who made that up and infact I wish I still had the voicemail on my phone cause Jojo verified the order for me ON FEB 1st and he said 19's. The only thing I did change a day or two after the order was going from having the rivets to no rivets. I don't think thats a problem cause I am sure wheels weren't in production a day or two after the order was placed.

Anyways, it just so happened that Jojo called me while typing this post and things are trying to get resolved. I just wanted to respond to LowrydeR's post cause you claimed I changed things on the order thus causeing some of the delay. Like I said in the begining I don't know you so I don't think you have the "full story" but just one of the many sides of it.
Just to clarify, this is NOT me ok.... lol DocAMGE55...what a copycat of the original Dr. ///AMG lol
Old 04-08-2005, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hello. I was not responding to offend you, but merely to defend my friends at DPE. I am by no means an employee, but felt it was necessary to defend them as they have no prescence on this board.

I stand corrected. It was not you, but the former DPE retailer that messed up the order from 19 to 20 to 19 again thus the delay at no fault of you or DPE. Believe me as I am sure you know this is not the first time there have been problems with this retailer, hence the reason why they no longer sell and you being the last order.

DPE prematurely called to tell you they received the down payment as the retailer promised the payment would be made. Till this day, no money has been received.

I am glad DPE contacted you as I know they would like their customers especially 3 time buyers to be happy.

Miscommunication of the retailer caused this fiasco and now leaves DPE to clean the mess left over.

I am glad it is being resolved. Money does not appear to be an issue for you, which shows DPE is high quality.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Lowryder,

You here?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
This was truly a great thread. I remember reading through this before I decided on my wheels.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:10 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rock
This was truly a great thread. I remember reading through this before I decided on my wheels.
LM's all the way
Old 09-04-2006, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by JAY55
Hi all,
I'm still shopping around for a set of 20" wheels for my Beast. Either I'm rollin' with HRE, DPE, or iForged. I haven't seen many iForged on an E55 so please share pics if you have them, thanks a bunch.

HRE are the ****. What about the Mayas?

btw do you work at Apple or are you just a Mac Head?
Old 09-04-2006, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
i seem to be a little late to chime in but DPE gets my vote..........there customer service alone sets them off........

jay, whats wrong with the hre's?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:02 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
anyone know about this?

http://nobleforums.com/printthread.php?t=346

I personally feel Asanti is one of the better forged wheel companies...