Breaking news outta Kleemann bout Intercooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Breaking news outta Kleemann bout Intercooler

Off the phone with Cory and he told me that upgrades to intercooler system are almost ready to roll....just basic specs he gave me

Stock pump turns on at certain temp...Kleemann version is constant on

Stock is like 15-20 liters a minute flow...Kleeman...90!! Something like 40 degree drop in temp.

No pricing info yet...he said they will have more in a few weeks.

Sweet......
Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice! Any pictures?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
WOw that + puley and ECU, and we have one hell of a beast....But i bet it would be more heavy at front which sucks!
Old 02-10-2005, 03:31 PM

2005 E55
I spoke with Cory earlier today and this came up in our conversation as well. Sounds more like they just replace the pump and put it in a "permanent on" mode. If this is the case, and I may be wrong, it shouldn't be anything significant.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He need a test car? Haha if so, mine is up for grabs!
Old 02-10-2005, 06:55 PM

SLK32
How does the increased flow of the intercooler pump help lower temps? The capacity of the the cooling system has not been increased. The coolant spends less time in the SC but it also spends less time in the IC Radiator.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
If ekaz is describing their upgrade completely, I will be greatly disappointed.

What makes me itch my head is I spoke to the company in Sweden that sold Kleeman the core for their intercooler upgrade for the M113 motor. I have their name in my office from a european automag that spoke about them. I emailed them and they confirmed they did supply Kleeman with the appropriate core for a M113 upgrade.

Things that make you go hmm...

-m
Old 02-11-2005, 01:11 AM

2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Talking OEM Intercooler system has more cooling capacity

I'll take a stab at this assuming Kleeman is accurate. The cooling efficiency of the OEM system goes down (lower amount of BTU's of heat removed in any given time period) as the temperature of the coolant goes down that is circulating thru the cooler. If you add time into this thought, then the coolant in the OEM system is being cooled down to fast (due to the slower OEM circulation) in the cooler and ends up at the lower efficiency heat transfer range of the cooler before it leaves the cooler thus not removing as much heat as the cooler is capable of. At the same time when the coolant circulates thru the intercooler it is being heated up to a high temperature to soon (due to the slower OEM circulation) before it leaves the intercooler.
Now, install the Kleeman high volume coolant pump, and more coolant will be circulated and cooled in any given time period, and in the same time period, is not being super heated to soon before it leaves the intercooler. Also, while running the Kleeman circulating pump all the time, the motor will start any given performance session with the intercooler system at a lower operating temperature. The conclusion to all this is the OEM intercooling system is not working at full capacity because; when the circulation of the coolant is increased more heat is removed from the system (40 degrees lower operating temperatures per Kleeman). The OEM heat exchangers (cooler & intercooler) can transfer more heat, than they presently do in OEM tune, if they are kept with-in their higher efficiency heat transfer range, which is what happens when the Kleeman coolant pump system is installed and more coolant is circulated thru the system. What do you think? My head hurts! - Bob
Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Have recently heard that the Kleemann intercooler is about ready. Seems that there is no increased power but after several successive dynos, the power is staying constant without loss to heatsoak.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:14 AM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Have recently heard that the Kleemann intercooler is about ready. Seems that there is no increased power but after several successive dynos, the power is staying constant without loss to heatsoak.
Agree EvoSport system has been out and looks very nice also.