Sponsored by:

My last day as an owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 ML55, 2006 C6 Z06
Off Topic,

Well picture posting is not that difficult, just has a large number of step sometimes.

These steps assume you have the picture on your computer.

1. Hit the "Post Reply" button on a thread.
2. Scroll down till you see the "Manage Attachments" button (attachment is geek talk for file, in this case a jpg photo).
3. Hit the "Browse" button.
4. Move around in your File Tree and find the location where your pictures are located. (you should remember the location you copied them to). If you have a digital camera, simply attach it to your computer and in the "Look In:" area at the top, hit the little down arrow to the right of the text box. The Camera should show up under "My Computer", say like drive "??? Drive E:" or something similar. Feel looking in the folders until you find what you are going to upload. When you are in the Folder, you may want to see thumbnails (mini pictures) instead of the default, file name. So, goto the extreme right of the above mentioned text box and you should see a little window icon, hold you mouse over it and it should be "View Menu". Hit it and select "Thumbnails". Sorry for the drawn out explanation here.
5.Tap on the picture to upload.
6. The "Choose File" poppup box will go away and bring you back to the "Manage Attachments" window. Simply hit the "Upload" button, and wait for the picture to upload. If picture is to large, see below.
7. Repeat steps for another picture or hit "Close this Window" button if your done.
8. Finish your post as you might normally do, and hit "Submit Reply".
9. Kick back, open a tasty beverage (my choice beer), and let the conversation begin.

Note: If your file is to large you need to reduce it's size. If you have "Office" installed on the system your working with "Microsoft Photo Editor", you can do this pretty easily.

1. Locate the file (From Desktop, right click on "Start" botton, select "Explorer" and find your file.)
2. Once located, right click on the picture (hint, once your in the folder, you can go up to the Menu bar up top, and hit "View" and "Thumbnail". Or better yet, select details if you know the file name. You should see "Dimensions" up at the top right and see if the pictures are to large, if the are you need to edit them.
3. Right click file, select "Open with/MS Photo Editor"
4. Goto the top, hit "Image" and then "Resize".
5. Pop up will appear, adjust size so the picture does not exceed 800x600.
6. When your done fiddling around with a good size you need to save it. Select at the top left, "File" then "Save As" and change the name slightly, maybe put a "1" on the back of the name or something.
7. Thats it, your done, post it with the above directions.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
EWCIII2001,

It is with much regret that I inform you that we as E55 owners have retained counsel and are seeking an injuction against you to prohibit the liquidation of your E55 AMG (which will be referred in this document as The Beast). We are furthermore, requesting a judge grant us an immeidate cease and desist order which will be delivered to your Corvette dealer and credit agency. We request that you cease all activity related to leaving "The Beast" family and return immediately and no further action will commence.

Thought you were just buying a Benz......you joined the Beast Mafia baby, once you buy, (spoken like Anthony Quinn in Goodfellas....."You're part of the familllllllyyyy"

Just busting chops.....send us pics when you get it, but seriously, you'll be tradin that pup for either new twin turbie Beast or that Z06 Godzilla in 8 months....you know that.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 02-13-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
You'll be back!

After owning numerous sports cars as well as luxury cars, I will tell you now getting MB out of you system is difficult. I love my Vette but it won't take the place of the E55. After driving the Vette for awhile I can't wait to get my butt back into the cottled interior of my Benz.

If I had not put $30K+ into my 89 (that I won't get back) I would definitely consider a C5/C6/Z06. Vettes are ultra stiff and are equal to IMHO any sports car on the planet.

My major complaint is that you can't get a convertible version of the Z06. The most sought after muscle car from the 60/70s is a big block (427) Roadster and GM still refuses to build another. After my kids are out of college I plan to get a new roadster and immediately send it to Mallett or Lingenfelter to upgrade it to beyond Z06 numbers.

Regardless, I know that you will love your new Vette. They are as addictive as E55s.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
From all accounts, the Z06 will be a monster on the road and on the track...even some of the European car mags are giving it some props and they hate American "driving" cars.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Almost a Member!

E55/BMW X54.4/Porsche 914-6 2.8
I wouldn't be so sure you can't get a convertible Z06. I recall seeing pictures of a convertible on an official web site. I might be mistaken but before I'd just forget about it, if that's your heart's desire, I'd check with a dealer to see if the new model is being built as a coupe AND a convertible.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Chill, using your logic why would you even spend $38000 on a Z06... you could have bought an '01 for even less and had more left over for mods...

I am on the waiting list for a C6 Z06 for a number of reasons, one being I think it looks a lot better and more modern than the C5, another being a 427ci motor backed by GM and not a tuner, something fresh you won't see everyday (for a while at least), the interior is much improved, the widebody, etc, etc. I could go on and on as to why I wouldn't consider a C5 Z06 but the point is that not everything boils down to money... it's a matter of overall value when taking everything into consideration - and I think people should be respected and not questioned for their choices.

-m
Relax Marcus, I wasn't questioning why others like you would get a C6 Z06. No doubt it will be an awesome car, but many of us true aficionados who like to flog our cars on the track are reluctant to do it to a car whose parts and replacement costs are very high. I was very uncomfortable driving the E55 aggressively on the track knowing that if I wrecked it or it I blew the engine, I probably wouldn't be able to afford to replace it immediately. I still drive it on weekends, but can truly say driving my Vette is a lot more fun. While the C6 Z06 may have a slightly nicer interior than a C5, they failed once again with the seats if the car is to see any track time. There are still no cutouts for 5 or 6 point harnesses and the seats appear to lack sufficient lateral support required for the lateral acceleration this car can generate on the track. I really like the appearance of the C6 Z06, but do not think it makes the C5 look outdated at all as it is a clear evolution from a C5 and not a radical departure. The true strength of the new car is the hand built small block 7.0 liter 427 with dry sump oiling. Yes, maybe I should have gone with a 99 FRC and dropped a C5R 427 in it for less dough, but at this point in my life, I like getting a new car, especially when I can "steal" one.

If it didn't boil down to money, I'd go with the Ferrari 430, not a Z06.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 02-14-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:30 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
EWCIII2001,

It is with much regret that I inform you that we as E55 owners have retained counsel and are seeking an injuction against you to prohibit the liquidation of your E55 AMG (which will be referred in this document as The Beast). We are furthermore, requesting a judge grant us an immeidate cease and desist order which will be delivered to your Corvette dealer and credit agency. We request that you cease all activity related to leaving "The Beast" family and return immediately and no further action will commence.

Thought you were just buying a Benz......you joined the Beast Mafia baby, once you buy, (spoken like Anthony Quinn in Goodfellas....."You're part of the familllllllyyyy"

Just busting chops.....send us pics when you get it, but seriously, you'll be tradin that pup for either new twin turbie Beast or that Z06 Godzilla in 8 months....you know that.
I gotta admit this post got me LOL first thing in the morning. And I can't argue with you on the last point. One aspect of falling in love with and buying hot cars is that there's always another hot car out there to seduce us. Tempted by the fruit of another...
Old 02-14-2005, 05:37 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Vetluver
After owning numerous sports cars as well as luxury cars, I will tell you now getting MB out of you system is difficult. I love my Vette but it won't take the place of the E55. After driving the Vette for awhile I can't wait to get my butt back into the cottled interior of my Benz.

If I had not put $30K+ into my 89 (that I won't get back) I would definitely consider a C5/C6/Z06. Vettes are ultra stiff and are equal to IMHO any sports car on the planet.

My major complaint is that you can't get a convertible version of the Z06. The most sought after muscle car from the 60/70s is a big block (427) Roadster and GM still refuses to build another. After my kids are out of college I plan to get a new roadster and immediately send it to Mallett or Lingenfelter to upgrade it to beyond Z06 numbers.

Regardless, I know that you will love your new Vette. They are as addictive as E55s.
I know what you mean. There's nothing like the feel of a Mercedes and the E55 is such a sweet ride. Money was an issue so in a couple years when I have some other debts paid off and if my job situation still looks good, who knows. Question. Does Mercedes have a clue...never mind I know the answer...but if they offered their cars with the option of a manual transmission, they would rule the world.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by EWCIII2001
But I admit to missing the sportiness of a manual transmission and I am trading in today for a C6 coupe.
What's wrong with AMG speedshift? That’s kinda manual... ?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:19 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by Clyde
What's wrong with AMG speedshift? That’s kinda manual... ?
speedshift is sooooo weak (IMO)

The only regret I have with this car is I miss rowing gears; I miss the satisfaction of a perfectly rev-matched downshift. I even miss the total and complete gear control that SMG gives me in the Z4 (I love SMG, I think you need some seat time yourself to decide and forget all of the bad press).

It is kinda cool to be able to drink a cup of coffee while I drive (still getting used to that)

I guess for an auto it may be good, but to be honest I wouldn't know having so little to compare it to.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Good luck with the Vette. Don't be a stranger.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:19 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by norb
Good luck with the Vette. Don't be a stranger.
Thanks, Norb. I'll keep reading the posts and will check in time to time. I really do enjoy the pics and reading about the mods being put on. I could absolutely see myself in another Benz some day. Oh, by the way, a week before I got the Vette my wife traded her Jeep Liberty in on a Lexus RX330. Man, THAT is a sweet ride. And the Mark Levinson is outstanding.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Almost a Member!

E55/BMW X54.4/Porsche 914-6 2.8
I realize this is the E55 site but I can't let it go that the Lexus 330 is a "sweet ride." It is nothing more than a raised up Toyata Camry. My wife looked at one and I drove it. I was shocked how bad it was. Talk about "white bread", that thing is the definition of it. I am at a loss as to why so many people buy those things. Same people who opt for Lexus' sedan when there are so many real cars out there. As they say there is a butt for every seat........my butt will never ride in one of those.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:31 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Bikr Boy
I realize this is the E55 site but I can't let it go that the Lexus 330 is a "sweet ride." It is nothing more than a raised up Toyata Camry. My wife looked at one and I drove it. I was shocked how bad it was. Talk about "white bread", that thing is the definition of it. I am at a loss as to why so many people buy those things. Same people who opt for Lexus' sedan when there are so many real cars out there. As they say there is a butt for every seat........my butt will never ride in one of those.
I guess it comes down to what you're looking for. We wanted to replace my wife's Jeep with a more comfortable ride. We test drove other SUV's.

a) We think it's the best looking SUV on the market.
b) It has the best interior look of anything we drove(Acura, BMW, VW, Infinity)
c) It has a ton of amenities that you have to experience to appreciate.
d) It has a very smooth ride and corners decently. No top heavy feel. Great turning radius.
e) It has the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, period.
f) The Mark Levinson we special ordered is fantastic. Better than the Logic 7 I had in the E55.
g) The car has good pickup condsidering the HP and the engine and transmission pairing produces the kind of satisfying feel the Japenese are great at.

But all this is just my opinion and not the slightest bit more valid than yours. At any rate, our garage now has two cars my wife and I totally enjoy and that's all that matters.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Good choice...C6 is a nice sports car...the Z06 C6 will probably run 11.5s@125 .. enough to crush our E55s

If you are looking for a real monster my friend has a '00 LPE C5 TT with 1000 HP running low 9s @ 155mph for sale...its on the LPE website. $68k