Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

in case you guys missed it, here's real nice e500 with amg kit and 20" hre's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinto
no badge on the trunk. how about on the license plate frame? is that okay with you guys, that call be people "disgrace" to the MB familiy for putting E55 on their car. so what if you have a real E55 or not. some one will always be bigger and faster than you are so get over it already. What does MB call this car again? I think it was "W211"=E55, E500, E320.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:59 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got back from Japan yesterday, and I saw quite a few true AMGrs. However, I saw an S-Class (W220) that had a K65 and Carlsson badge. Anyone know if there is such a thing like a K65???
Old 02-21-2005, 05:54 AM

OMG! I saw the exact same S class in The Great Mall parking lot here in the bay area! I had to knee down to double check the exhaust to make sure I saw what I saw. Since it couldn't have seen the same car you saw. There must be a aftermarket kit out there to do the fake pipe to match the AMG rear bumper.

Originally Posted by bsimonson
Wow, that looks really damn good...except for the AMG badge. Every day I see non-AMG wearing the AMG badge, when all they have is AMG wheels. Hell, I've seen non-AMG MB's on dealer lots wearing the AMG badge. What took the cake was this: about two weeks ago I was at Costco in NMB, and as I'm leaving I see a black S-class coming my way. From the front it looks like an S55 because it has the aggressive S55 body kit; from the side it's all AMG, to include the "V8 Kompressor" logo (albeit affixed to the car at an angle which doesn't look "right" somehow"); and as it passes I take a look at the rear: sho'nuff, it's S55 on the left, AMG on the right...with single chrome bolt-on exhaust tips (the ones that aren't even real exhaust tips, because the pipes vent out a hole in the bottom) sticking out from beneath a stock S500 rear valance. I was thinking, "WTF?!? You spend all that money to build a fake, then don't finish it by putting real dual/duals and an AMG rear valance??!!??" What's the point? Well, maybe I saw the car before he had a chance to finish it. Maybe that weekend he was planning to take it in to the dealership and say "hey, can we finish my S55 clone now??"
Old 02-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Almost a Member!

'04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by dmzz
OMG! I saw the exact same S class in The Great Mall parking lot here in the bay area! I had to knee down to double check the exhaust to make sure I saw what I saw. Since it couldn't have seen the same car you saw. There must be a aftermarket kit out there to do the fake pipe to match the AMG rear bumper.
Haha. It must be a popular look.

The car I saw actually looked pretty good except for the "V8 Kompressor" badges were on at an odd angle which caught my eye is being "incorrect. I was surprised to see the rear left undone because everything else looked the part. ONe thing I should have looked at is the brakes, because the regular S doesn't get those huge beautiful brakes like the AMG does.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:45 PM

G500,toyota supra, 67corvette,05 pathfinder
I think it looks very good. not sure about the amg badge i would probably pass on that.

Why is the rear setting lower than the front?

Other than that beautiful car.