W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question on tire rubber on fenders..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Quick question on tire rubber on fenders..

Well so much for being a bad a$$ and making my tire smoke video...now I have tire rubber all over the back fenders and she is stuck on pretty good.

Anything I can do to take it off without damaging paint.

****Also (guess this would make it 2 questions)*** Thinking of just going all PS2's instead of these Drag Radials....anyone have any experience of Drag Radial grip VS PS2's. Both are pretty soft....I guess I am just so worried about hitting a corner with a puddle and wiping it ya know. I guess I could get a spare set of rims for draggers, but honestly, I just won't visit the track enough to really justify the purchase. Sure will miss the Monster Grip the Drags have on the road...W O W...nothing like it. Any input on PS2 launching.

Called Goodrich and they told me the they make a performance tire with the softness of the drag radial but with grooves and designed for handling..they it is called the KD....are they full of it...I gotta ask Luke from Tirerack.

Thanks again for any input.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Well so much for being a bad a$$ and making my tire smoke video...now I have tire rubber all over the back fenders and she is stuck on pretty good.

Anything I can do to take it off without damaging paint.

****Also (guess this would make it 2 questions)*** Thinking of just going all PS2's instead of these Drag Radials....anyone have any experience of Drag Radial grip VS PS2's. Both are pretty soft....I guess I am just so worried about hitting a corner with a puddle and wiping it ya know. I guess I could get a spare set of rims for draggers, but honestly, I just won't visit the track enough to really justify the purchase. Sure will miss the Monster Grip the Drags have on the road...W O W...nothing like it. Any input on PS2 launching.

Called Goodrich and they told me the they make a performance tire with the softness of the drag radial but with grooves and designed for handling..they it is called the KD....are they full of it...I gotta ask Luke from Tirerack.

Thanks again for any input.
I'm guessing that the rubber is close to tar consistency, so some of that tar and bug products at your local auto parts store would probably work fine..I would just re-polish and rewax the areas hit after removing the contaminants, though.

I would get the PS2's instead of the drag radial slicks...those slicks would be useless to you when it rains.