Sponsored by:

Tranny problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tranny problem...

Hi Guys...

Here is the senario: I'm going accelerating downhill at 25-30 mph, during my 3-4 upshift, the tranny does a hard upshift from 3 to 4 and makes a loud thunk noise. My dealer shop forman has comfirmed the problem, but doesn't know if there is a problem or if is just the nature of the w211 E55 transmission. The Star computer shows 1 fault code coming from tranny, and it's saying something about the A/C unit...Yea...I don't know why the tranny is throwing off error codes about the A/C...even the shop forman is puzzled.

Has anyone else noticed this hard upshifting (in either mode S or C) when going down hill? I've been trying to track down my friend with an e55k, but when I drove the CLS 55 on the same road yesterday, it didn't make the hard upshift or thunk noise I'm getting.

Could you please chime in and let me know if anyone is experiencing similar issues?

Thanks!!!
-Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by onesixeight
My dealer shop forman has comfirmed the problem, but doesn't know if there is a problem or if is just the nature of the w211 E55 transmission.
Just for this he should be fired !! lol

I think it is not normal, i have no noised when car is shifting gears!!! Just tell them you need a new car! or tell them to put a new tranny!
Old 02-18-2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
Just for this he should be fired !! lol

I think it is not normal, i have no noised when car is shifting gears!!! Just tell them you need a new car! or tell them to put a new tranny!
Thanks for the reply Bob!

I agree, and I told him that living with it is not a solution in my book. Even the POS C230 K loaner car I got doesn't do that.

They told me that they would call MBUSA Service Hotline and see if anyone else is experiencing similar problems and hopefully a solution.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by onesixeight
Hi Guys...

Here is the senario: I'm going accelerating downhill at 25-30 mph, during my 3-4 upshift, the tranny does a hard upshift from 3 to 4 and makes a loud thunk noise. My dealer shop forman has comfirmed the problem, but doesn't know if there is a problem or if is just the nature of the w211 E55 transmission. The Star computer shows 1 fault code coming from tranny, and it's saying something about the A/C unit...Yea...I don't know why the tranny is throwing off error codes about the A/C...even the shop forman is puzzled.

Has anyone else noticed this hard upshifting (in either mode S or C) when going down hill? I've been trying to track down my friend with an e55k, but when I drove the CLS 55 on the same road yesterday, it didn't make the hard upshift or thunk noise I'm getting.

Could you please chime in and let me know if anyone is experiencing similar issues?

Thanks!!!
-Chris
Yea my vehicle does this, I always thought it normal, I have an 03 and am not aware of any error codes. I complained of some delayed acceleration upon start up and a high whine on a cold start, dealer claims they cannot duplicate my concerns.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by juicee55
Yea my vehicle does this, I always thought it normal, I have an 03 and am not aware of any error codes. I complained of some delayed acceleration upon start up and a high whine on a cold start, dealer claims they cannot duplicate my concerns.

Hi juicee55...

I heard there is a new tranny module for the '03 and early '04 cars. I had mine replaced and it's still doing the same thing.

I drove my car with the tech and he verified the problem. The only this is they don't know what to do. MBUSA-Hotline hasn't been able of any help either. If Tuesday rolls around without a solution, I'm going to ask they at least request for a new transmission to be put in.

Keep the replies coming...i really want to state my case to my service advisor that this is not normal and needs to be addressed. None of that..."it's the nature of the car or it's just like that and you'll have to live with it crap"...

-Chris