Sponsored by:

How to remove rear seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 2010 ML350
How to remove rear seat

Can anyone give me any advice on how to remove the rear seat in our vehicles (and put it back)? I'm trying to get access to the rear sub location in the rear deck. I can take the cover off, but I need to be able to get access to the full area where the sub rests. Just playing around with subwoofer configuration. Pictures where the bolts are located or whatever release device would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Gareth
Old 02-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Almost a Member!

'04 E55 AMG
Gareth: In the manual there's instructions on how to do it. ( I recently had to remove the rear seat in order to install a fitted seat cover & two child seats, and couldn't figure out how to do it either until I searched through the fifteen books that came with the car.)
Old 02-20-2005, 01:11 AM

E55
The rear seat comes out in two portions, the back (vertical) and the seat (horizontal) portion. You must 1st remove the seat piece. It has two tabs that must be pushed in to release it. Once you push in on the tab you lift up on the seat near the tab you just released. The tabs are located where the carpet and the padded seat meet on the front of the rear seat. One is on the passenger’s side and one is on the driver’s side about 12 inches in from the rear door panel if the rear door was shut. (Of course you will have it open to reach the tabs). There is a subtle notch were the tab is located. You can even use your finger to push in on the tab and use the other hand to lift on the padded seat portion near the tab. Once you remove the horizontal part you can easily see two nuts that must be removed to take the vertical portion of the seat out.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:29 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
thanks guys. i should have asked for one more step. how does one remove the top of the back deck? i have the rear automatic shade so i'd prefer to not harm that. but how does that piece come out easily? i see two black plastic popout tabs, but after that i'm unsure.

thanks.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:41 AM

w 211 04 E500
shattered

rear glass got broken on W 211 04 E500 need to remove rear seat and finish panel to get all the broken glass