Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on FFS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Question on FFS...

When I was resetting my TMP and going through the menu's, I noticed that a menu indicating service stated I needed a "C" service in about 5500 miles. I have 4500 miles on my E55 and I have had it for 6 months.

I called MB of Tampa and told them I haven't even gotten a A or B service yet and I even had the oil changed @ 3K. They told me that the C service only indicates the length of time they need to go over the car at the service call. I kind of felt like he was implying I was running the car too hard and that is why it skipped from A to C service.

I really don't (in relative terms) and I kind of feel I hold back a lot on what the car can do...It's driven mainly in the city with maybe 4 trips on the highway (granted 2 of those trips I did drive avg 90-95 mph).

Is this how the FFS works? Is there something wrong and should I get a second opinion? What do you guys think?
Old 02-24-2005, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer is correct in what he told you.All you are concerned with is the mileage between service visits and that is all computerized.They will know whst servive to do by your mileage.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My car is doing the exact same thing. I've got a little over 6,000 miles and my car is due for Service C in somewhere around 4,000 miles. Strange thing is, my father's car went in for its first service at Service A I think. Last time I was at the dealership I asked what was up with this and the head technician told me that every car comes in different. The letter (A,B,C,D etc.) just indicates which service you need. Don't ask me why all cars wouldn't require similar services around similar milages, but I don't question the service techs (I know I did when my supercharger wasn't engaging properly but that guy was an *** and I could tell that he was just telling me everything was fine). You have my word everything will be O.K. By the way...you should start unleashing that beast - it might want to go in for a service because you aren't driving it hard enough!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Don't worry...I finally got my car in and out of dyno mode so I'm going to play a little...thanks guys!!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:29 AM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Got the low down about service intervals. Apparently the new MBs have sensors that can tell what needs service and what doesn't. They don't necessarily go ABC etc. If your driving conditions, ie hot environment vs cold or dusty vs wet are different your service will be different. Each car and driver will be different. If you need C rather than B it doesn't mean you've done anything wrong it's just your car telling the dealer what hurts. It might have tendonitis in it's gubernaculum or a pulled it's gluteus maximus. We have very smart cars.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vetluver
Got the low down about service intervals. Apparently the new MBs have sensors that can tell what needs service and what doesn't. They don't necessarily go ABC etc. If your driving conditions, ie hot environment vs cold or dusty vs wet are different your service will be different. Each car and driver will be different. If you need C rather than B it doesn't mean you've done anything wrong it's just your car telling the dealer what hurts. It might have tendonitis in it's gubernaculum or a pulled it's gluteus maximus. We have very smart cars.
Thanks for the info...Hey, when are you getting the Z06? Please post pics!!!!