Sponsored by:

AMG Illuminated door sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Range Rover Supercharged and 2010 E63
AMG Illuminated door sills

Just collected my beautiful Steel Grey 2010 E63 (will post pictures later). I ordered the Illuminated Door Entry Sills and expected them to say AMG instead they say Mecedes-Benz. Dealer said AMG sills are not available in US, only overseas. Does anybody know if this is correct?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by steelgreyE63
Just collected my beautiful Steel Grey 2010 E63 (will post pictures later). I ordered the Illuminated Door Entry Sills and expected them to say AMG instead they say Mecedes-Benz. Dealer said AMG sills are not available in US, only overseas. Does anybody know if this is correct?
My E63 (2009 W211) came with the illuminated sill option from the factory. But they said "Mercedes Benz" not AMG. My dealer offered to get me some AMG ones but later claimed that he couldn't order them. So, I'd guess your dealer is correct. They aren't available here.

That said, I pulled mine out and gave them away (to another MBWorld member.) For me they end up looking way too bling (bright blue light) and I like the regular AMG ones better. Much more subtle, imho.

But if you really want them, you can get the Euro AMG illuminated ones from Steve at MBenzNL. He's a member here and a sponsor, too.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Range Rover Supercharged and 2010 E63
Thanks for the reply. You hit it on the money the Illuminated "MB" Sills are way to bling. I would not have got them if I knew but all the photos I saw of the E63 with illuminated sills said "AMG". Kind of misleading, espicially when it is a paid option! Anyway will check with Steve at MbenzNL.