W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Exhaust system? Mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2010 | 03:28 PM

G55, E63
Exhaust system? Mods?

Finally done with the 3,000km break-in, and had the rear axle differential oil changed... The power is great, gear box is amazing, but i need more sound!

Any recommendations for a nice, subtle, good quality exhaust system? Any other recommended mods?

Time for modding!
Old 03-31-2010 | 01:36 AM

E63 2010
Originally Posted by Hiper
Finally done with the 3,000km break-in, and had the rear axle differential oil changed... The power is great, gear box is amazing, but i need more sound!

Any recommendations for a nice, subtle, good quality exhaust system? Any other recommended mods?

Time for modding!

Why did you change the rear axle differential oil after break in???
Old 04-01-2010 | 06:46 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I'm enjoying the RENNtech parts on my E55. They have some video of an E63 with sound mods done, check them out.
Old 04-02-2010 | 09:06 AM

Changing the oil in the rear diff extends its service life. The reason for this is that the gears in the rear diff are not manufactured as accurately as the engine for example, so there are metal shavings that start coming off when the parts are new and those float in the oil. These in turn create further wear on the gears, just like having sand in the gears. Most poeople forget to do this as it is usually only a side note in the service manuals, but the service manual definitely calls for this service.

Originally Posted by ad4342
Why did you change the rear axle differential oil after break in???
Old 04-04-2010 | 01:59 AM

2010 E63, Iridium Silver, Black, Dark Ash, Distronic Plus, Night Vision, Premium
Originally Posted by Hiper

Time for modding!
Try Eisenmann or their divorcee - eisenhaus. If you do modify, I would be
interested in your stock E63 mufflers. Please PM me...

Old 04-04-2010 | 04:12 AM

E63 2010
Originally Posted by kwaobus
Changing the oil in the rear diff extends its service life. The reason for this is that the gears in the rear diff are not manufactured as accurately as the engine for example, so there are metal shavings that start coming off when the parts are new and those float in the oil. These in turn create further wear on the gears, just like having sand in the gears. Most poeople forget to do this as it is usually only a side note in the service manuals, but the service manual definitely calls for this service.
I see your point, which I also find very logical. I thought this rear oil diff change is done for all US spec E63.

I am buying E63 from the states and getting it shipped to UAE, they are a lot cheaper in the states around $40K less.