Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pump whine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oil pump whine

Anybody found a cure for the oil pump whine on the 2010 E63?Factory says it is normal.My earlier model,2007,never made the same noise.Thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know what you are talking about. Can you elaborate?

I dont hear any oil pump whine sound from my car, and I am assuming the lack of response from others that this is not a widespread issue.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That would good news if they do not all do it.It happens from just above idle as you starting off and again if the revs drop into that range when driving,at lower speeds. A Mercedes dealer has tried changing the oil pump in another car with the same complaint but it did not improve it.Factory said it was normal.If you now hear it on your car I would like to know.Thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 63 AMG
Originally Posted by anthony
Anybody found a cure for the oil pump whine on the 2010 E63?Factory says it is normal.My earlier model,2007,never made the same noise.Thanks
Did you ever solve this? I am having same issue. Not a pulley, thought it may be TC but I just read these trannys dont have a TC they have a wet cluch. Its driving me crazy and If this is normal for the sound of the car I may be the shortest E69 owner ever. The car sounds like a souped up rice burner at low speeds (5-35) which you can hear from in the cabin. I cant believe that a 100k car would sound this whiny and spooly esp when it doesnt have a SC