W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Looking at a Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 140 Likes on 113 Posts
Aston Martin Vantage, GLE 43 AMG, Volvo XC60, BMW X1 35i, Ram 1500, BMW Z4 35i
Looking at a Wagon

Love the wagons, considering getting back into one, Just got out of my 2009 5 series BMW, previous had 2004 E Class.

Looking at the AMG model. This would be my first AMG. A basic "stripped" AMG is a bit under $95K vs $68K for a E350 estate with P1 & P2. I like the idea of a more unique car with certainly more power...

Question for all you AMG guys...Is the performance package really worth it? I do not want red calipers, CF engine cover of AMG steering wheel...

Can I get a tune, if need be, that would be comparable to the increased AMG software for less money? Does it void warranty?

Basically looking for a sleeper car that can eat most things on the road. Not planning to track it. ever. Needing to make a decision in the next few weeks. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful...

Hope to back in the MB family soon
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Wagon is excellent. When I trade it in at the first half of 2017, my next car will definitely be a wagon.

IMO, I think the P30 package is worth while. But I'm also someone who doesn't do any tuning or additional to the car. Personally, I also don't care for the red calipers, CF engine cover, steering wheel, etc. I only care for the stiffer suspension and additional hp/tq. Another reason I don't do outside tuning is the warranty issue if somes goes wrong. Of course you can get an outside tune that can easily surpass the oem tune for hp/tq, but you have to assess your risk tolerance level for having the warranty voided.