Sponsored by:

E63 AMG Standard Interior Equipment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E420
E63 AMG Standard Interior Equipment

The upper section of the dashboard and also the door beltlines are now finished in ARTICO leather, for example, while the centre console trim around the AMG DRIVE UNIT boasts an elegant black piano lacquer finish.

In addition, the interior of the E 63 AMG can be refined even further with a host of new, attractive optional appointments: as part of the the designo extended leather appointments II range, the lower section of the dashboard, the glove compartment lid, the door linings including map pockets and the side upholstery of the centre console are covered in exclusive nappa leather. This option costs 4700.50 euros and is only available in conjunction with the extended designo leather appointments, in which the upper section of the dashboard and the upper door linings are finished in designo black leather (2856 euros, all prices include 19% VAT). Those opting to combine both of these designo options will receive exclusive, perfectly finished full leather appointments designed to significantly enhance the vehicle’s interior.

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/m...ore-efficient/

Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo, 2020 GLC 63, 2014 Audi S6, 2014 GL63; past 2019 M5 and 2011 E63
Thanks for posting that news on the standard features for the 2011s. I had been curious what the "stitched dash" would look like.

While I am not sure it is worth the price increase over the 2010s, I do think the stitched leather dash looks very nice and, combined with the Alcantara headliner, makes the interior more reflective of a car in the $90k plus range than before.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
fwiw, Artico leather is not real leather. Outside the US, Artico is the term for MBTex.

The rest of the stuff is only available thru the Designo program. And some of it may or may not be even available in the US, depending on DOT cert, etc..

Nonetheless, it's good that MB is at least awake to that fact that when people spend this kind of money on the car that it should have certain amenities competitive to other brands.

Introducing the car at a lower MSRP was maybe a good idea but now that it's out in the market it needs to up the ante.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Serpent S966
Originally Posted by South Ocean1
makes the interior more reflective of a car in the $90k plus range than before.
At 90K for an E63, I'll take whatever exterior and interior combination they thrown in. I got my C300 for $83K in Southeast Asia. At $230k, is where we need to pay for E63. Plan to wait couple years and find a used one when it in $160k range. Love this car!