Sponsored by:

ECU Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
ECU Reset

Although all over the W211 forum, I have not found threads for the reset steps in the E63 W212. Anyone have the steps?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
Ctrl+ALt+Delete?

I am sure if there is a way it will be discovered. Have not heard anything yet.

I also want to know if there is way to change the command to display ///AMG on startup versus Mercedes. On my 2005 E55, this was possible and pretty neat
Old 08-06-2010, 10:08 PM

2010 E63
I made the change to the AMG startup screen in my 08 63, but have not found anything yet for the 10. Also, engineering mode has some surprises. Apparently, as a security measure, and if you want to try your hand at VIM, don't change the DVD region setting more than 3 times, since it'll lock up the last region setting, and as in my case, will lock you out of SAT, Real time traffic, AM, HD Radio, and DVD, if you lock it up in the European setting.

Needless to say, I did not find this security feature doc'd anywhere on the net and found out the hard way

According to the dealer, the only way to unlock it is by getting the DVD from the Mercedes factory rep and reloading the Command software. To add salt to injury, STAR can't communicate with COMMAND in the European setting.

Enough of my rant, I'll update the forum when I get this fixed. In the meantime the search continues for the "Sneaky ECU Reset" and see what else I can F-up
Old 08-06-2010, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by sandmane63
I made the change to the AMG startup screen in my 08 63, but have not found anything yet for the 10. Also, engineering mode has some surprises. Apparently, as a security measure, and if you want to try your hand at VIM, don't change the DVD region setting more than 3 times, since it'll lock up the last region setting, and as in my case, will lock you out of SAT, Real time traffic, AM, HD Radio, and DVD, if you lock it up in the European setting.

Needless to say, I did not find this security feature doc'd anywhere on the net and found out the hard way

According to the dealer, the only way to unlock it is by getting the DVD from the Mercedes factory rep and reloading the Command software. To add salt to injury, STAR can't communicate with COMMAND in the European setting.

Enough of my rant, I'll update the forum when I get this fixed. In the meantime the search continues for the "Sneaky ECU Reset" and see what else I can F-up
that sneaky reset did not work on my 08 e63 and i really doubt it will work on a newer model . reset thru star .

tried it at the track and lost 3 mph on my speed thru the entire 1/4
Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 PM

2010 E63
That's a big loss of power...never could tell if there were any temporary gains from the butt dyno and stopped doing the reset after a while. I found that driving the car in a spirited way was more effective. I still would like to know if there's a reset process to see if there's a diff in the 10.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
I've asked and searched this entire forum and there is no answer on how to reset the 63 ecu. Inquiring minds want to know. If anyone on here can find the answer that would be fantastic.