E63 engine conversion to SLS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010
E63 engine conversion to SLS ?

Hello guys,

From what ive heard, the SLS is based on the same engine as the W212 E63, but is 'tuned' up to produce 570 hp.

I was wondering if it was possible to get this 'tuning' done by the OEM on the E63 to get it on par with the SLS's power. I am not sure what the differences are, but its only around 50hp higher so it shouldnt be THAT different should it?

I have got an E63 on 12k km's at the moment and I must say ive been pretty dissapointed so far in drag races, even against C63's, so im thinkin about some light tuning.

Regards,
Ahmad
Old 09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Poison
Hello guys,

From what ive heard, the SLS is based on the same engine as the W212 E63, but is 'tuned' up to produce 570 hp.

I was wondering if it was possible to get this 'tuning' done by the OEM on the E63 to get it on par with the SLS's power. I am not sure what the differences are, but its only around 50hp higher so it shouldnt be THAT different should it?

I have got an E63 on 12k km's at the moment and I must say ive been pretty dissapointed so far in drag races, even against C63's, so im thinkin about some light tuning.

Regards,
Ahmad
If you have some light tuning in mind, forget about the SLS engine .......different heads, dry sump lubrication, forged internals, different intake, direct injection, headers and revised ECU tuning as far as I recall
Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by SMP
If you have some light tuning in mind, forget about the SLS engine .......different heads, dry sump lubrication, forged internals, different intake, direct injection, headers and revised ECU tuning as far as I recall
Also different cams and different intake manifold. The best bang for the buck for the E63 seems like tune + long tube headers.... you should be able to get 40 rwhp