Sponsored by:

almost stalled at light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E63
almost stalled at light

Anyone experience an issue where the car almost stalls at a light. This is the first time it happened to me. Slowing the car down at a light and then right as i get close to stopping the car gets all jerky and i see the tach jumping. Really wierd. I shift to R and it felt like a pretty hard shift. Then when I stepped on the gas it was jerky again. So at the next light, i shut the engine off and then turned it back on again. It was back to normal after that. WTF do you think happened here? i only have 2000 miles on it...i don't want to have issues already
Old 10-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I too get some odd idling events but nothing where I feel its going to stall... have it checked it out.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by E-Ridium 63
Anyone experience an issue where the car almost stalls at a light. This is the first time it happened to me. Slowing the car down at a light and then right as i get close to stopping the car gets all jerky and i see the tach jumping. Really wierd. I shift to R and it felt like a pretty hard shift. Then when I stepped on the gas it was jerky again. So at the next light, i shut the engine off and then turned it back on again. It was back to normal after that. WTF do you think happened here? i only have 2000 miles on it...i don't want to have issues already

This seems to happen alot , on the 63's. Especially when new. What rpm does your car idle at cold?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 PM

W212 E63
Originally Posted by juicee63
This seems to happen alot , on the 63's. Especially when new. What rpm does your car idle at cold?
At start up its at about 1000 but after 15 seconds or so it drops to about 600.

The weird part of this episode was that the car got real jerky... not the typical jerkyness that you feel when you let off the brake and let the car roll fwd in idle, but it was something similar to releasing the clutch in a manual car too fast and it popping off the plate; that back and forth stuttering feeling. Maybe not quite so bad but similar. either way, i was out with it the rest of the afternoon and didn't have any similar episodes. I'm thinking it was a computer problem and the car couldn't figure out where the tranny was or vica versa. The car blipped the throttle once or twice to keep the RPMs from dipping too low and that caused the jumping in the tach and jerkiness. Fingers crossed that the cpu got it out of the system....
Old 10-17-2010, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
At start up its at about 1000 but after 15 seconds or so it drops to about 600.

The weird part of this episode was that the car got real jerky... not the typical jerkyness that you feel when you let off the brake and let the car roll fwd in idle, but it was something similar to releasing the clutch in a manual car too fast and it popping off the plate; that back and forth stuttering feeling. Maybe not quite so bad but similar. either way, i was out with it the rest of the afternoon and didn't have any similar episodes. I'm thinking it was a computer problem and the car couldn't figure out where the tranny was or vica versa. The car blipped the throttle once or twice to keep the RPMs from dipping too low and that caused the jumping in the tach and jerkiness. Fingers crossed that the cpu got it out of the system....
This could also be as simple as some air in the fuel line too, or a fuel issue.

Sounds like the car was shifting and did not have enough fuel to hold the gear at the same time you were stopping. Try to use a manual shift to make certain the car is in first gear at the light, as you slow down shift till you clearly see a 1 displayed. See if you can duplicate. If you do it is a problem with the ECU , if not it was likely some bad gas
Old 10-17-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e63 2010 W212
that's happened to me once. but I don't think it was with my benz, I think it was with my BMW 550i. I think what juice said is probable, just some air bubbles or minor clog in fuel.

In my benz, i did have a few idleing issues when engine is cooler and I rev it, RPM goes, up then on the way down, just goes to 0! :-)

Doesn't happen to often, but probably a few times.

You might want to bring it in, but I doubt they'll find anything.

see if it happens again, hopefully it won't. Personally i don't think it should.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:27 PM

W212 E63
Thanks guys. I'll keep driving for now and see how it goes. I drove a 100 miles this weekend and nothing eventful so here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

Cheers
Old 10-21-2010, 10:49 AM

2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
Thanks guys. I'll keep driving for now and see how it goes. I drove a 100 miles this weekend and nothing eventful so here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

Cheers
This has happened to me at least 5 times. Not when slowing down but when stopped and on start up (starting to hit gas). Feels like a manual car with a bad driver who doesnt know how to work the clutch. I thought it was normal with the new MCT transmission. I will get it checked out too but it seems this is normal for these cars (at least when new)
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM

W212 E63
Originally Posted by E55_GT3wheels
This has happened to me at least 5 times. Not when slowing down but when stopped and on start up (starting to hit gas). Feels like a manual car with a bad driver who doesnt know how to work the clutch. I thought it was normal with the new MCT transmission. I will get it checked out too but it seems this is normal for these cars (at least when new)

Thanks for the post. Let me know what you find out when you get it check out.

Cheers

Oh BTW, your pics convinced me to go with the 35% tints. Got them done yesterday. Looks awesome!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
fwiw, I think this sort of stuff with the W212 is all MCT related. If you look on SL forums, they talk about the same kind of phenomenon. I do know that when the MCT was first used it had lots of hiccups. MB didn't change anything mechanically, but did do software changes. I'm guessing that sometimes the software gets confused.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 AM

2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
Thanks for the post. Let me know what you find out when you get it check out.

Cheers

Oh BTW, your pics convinced me to go with the 35% tints. Got them done yesterday. Looks awesome!
Nice! 35% looks perfect IMO.

For my next mod I am strongly thinking of getting forgestars F14s in titanium soon. I hear these wheels can take forever to ship. I also know another member on here is doing the wheels in 18 in. I may reach out to him to see how his expereince went.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:51 PM

W212 E63
Nice! 35% looks perfect IMO.

For my next mod I am strongly thinking of getting forgestars F14s in titanium soon. I hear these wheels can take forever to ship. I also know another member on here is doing the wheels in 18 in. I may reach out to him to see how his expereince went.
ya I' seriously looking at the forgestars too. Hear great things about them. the only thing is there so many spokes so its a pain to keep clean. Also, i'm looking at a set with a concave design. The Vossen's that one of the members here ( the one with the wrapped black matte) looks hot. Wouldn'..mind something along the lines of that. Classis 5 spoke concave