Sponsored by:

Front license plate "no holes" holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 AM

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E55 Black, 2007 GL450 Carneol Red
Originally Posted by E-SICKTY3
What I saw there, you just disabled the parktronic with the tow-hook license plate holder on
I was trying to go the same route, but the parktronic problem makes me worried.
I'm looking at the GoMiniGo and have also spoken with Jason (who offered to give us a group buy discount), but I also have Parktronics that I want to keep functional. I just disconnected the Front Right Inner sensor as a test, but that makes the whole Parktronics system go into red-light fault mode (front and rear), so it won't be that easy.

I'd like the bracket to cover the Front Right Inner sensor (A42b4 in the WIS), so I simply want to bypass that Parktronic Sensor. (I am not worried about loosing the sensor range of that area as I would still have some coverage from A42b3 and A42b5, and the rear sensing is mostly what I use Parktronics for.

Does anyone have any idea of how I might re-wire the Front Right Inner plug (at A42b4) to make the system believe that A42b4 is always OK, even though it is disconnected?

From the last page of the above referenced WIS document, my guess is that pin 4 is Ground, pins 2 & 3 supply - & + voltage, and pin 1 takes the sensor data. Might I be able to create a little circuit using power from pin 2 and/or 3 that provides a simple "ALL OK, NOTHING IN RANGE" data signal to pin 1?

And/or, anyone have an old (even dead) E-class sensor around (mine is numbered 0015427418, which is replaced by 0035428718, which is replaced by 0045428718) that I could dissect and play with?