Sponsored by:

Rear Tire replaced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E63 wagon, 2018 E63S Wagon
Rear Tire replaced

I have been quite happy with E63 for few months now. I feel the improvement from both handling and transmission.

The only few items that surprised me a bit are ===>

** The Front SAM box failed twice and they replaced new one both time. Mine is fully loaded except performace option (ride is a bit too harsh for this option for daily drive). There are maybe too many features for the SAM box if I want to joke about it.......

** Only after 7500miles, the tread on rear tires are almost all gone. The technian was curious if there is anything wrong with tire balance and I let him know I just have little too heavy right foot.........

I do floor the gas quite often and, right around 6k miles, I start feeling frequent tire spin. I decided to replace the OE Pirelli PZero (19) with Potenza RE050A Pole Position.

The grip seems pretty good and also seems quiter than PZero. I will have to drive more to be sure. I understand mixing brand is not ideal. So far I could not tell any negative effect......will keep my fingers crossed.

Mitch

Last edited by MV99; 03-09-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 AM

e63 2010 W212
same situation
https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...res-212-a.html
Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 AM

2012 E63 wagon, 2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by Racing Dad
Thank you for the link. Looks like I am one of few that make the Pirelli Pzero last only little over 7k miles....... The inside tread was almost totally gone.

There is a area near my office in Bay area is quite good for me to do 0-60 or 1/4 mile test. Sometimes I use RS but mostly I just keep driving in M mode and practice on input timing to get good result. M mode is about 0.1-0.2 sec better than RS.

After 200 miles and few M mode tests, I do notice that new tire does not (slightly) stick the road as good as PZero. I have not yet yield any result better than RS mode with new tire.

I feel PZero's compund is little softer so I think my new tire should last a bit longer. And, cut down test frequency would help, too......