Sponsored by:

2012 e63 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
E400 wagon, F-Pace 3.5, Yukon 2500*.0.
Originally Posted by callmiro
Go check it out because there is a Black E63 sedan parked right behind it in the showroom for comparison. And this wagon is here and you can take it right now...and get a free set of snows

MB in Toronto has a promo that they are giving out a free set of winter wheels and tires for anyone who takes delivery in December
Thanks for the heads up. Wish I could. Stuck in Maui until the New year.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Love the white. The ultimate daily driver.

CTS-V wagon this!

Also love it has the real mb hood ornament, not the flat badge.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
I don't think Tenorite and Steel Grey are the same. i think Tenorite might be a replacement for Steel Grey. But there is definitley no blue in this colour. Its more of a dark charcoal

Originally Posted by callmiro
My new favourite colour! Tenorite grey with the red calipers looks incredible....

And definitely no 3rd row...why you would want one in a 550hp wagon......

Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
for whomever takes delivery first, i'd be interested in knowing whats under that floor in the trunk, and why the third row kit doesn't fit- if you know what i mean. the rumor that the exhaust takes too much room sounds weak. i'd like to know if i can retrofit the e350 third row into the e63 aftermarket with the factory parts. for the life of me, i can't fathom why mercedes didn't keep the option available from the factory. complete deal-breaker otherwise
Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 MB GL350 BLUETEC, '10 MB E63 AMG, '95 MB S600, '84 MB 380 SEL
The best looking station wagon out there! I've always liked station wagons, but I'm of European background, so that will probably explain...
Old 12-17-2011, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what crappy service from this dealer, I called multiple times wanting to get the options that are in these wagons they have in stock and buy one but they never could find the time to email me the options list. guess I will just order one locally and wait....
Old 12-17-2011, 06:46 PM

2012 E63 TT Wagon
Wagon

I couldn't help myself. I bought the Diamond White one at Fletcher Jones the one pictured on post #1. Very nice and what an improvement especially the way it handles. My 2007 E63 Wagon is nice but it doesn't handle all that well. This car is nice in every respect. Have to get that 1000 miles in before stomping on it.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
E400 wagon, F-Pace 3.5, Yukon 2500*.0.
Originally Posted by bripar77
I couldn't help myself. I bought the Diamond White one at Fletcher Jones the one pictured on post #1. Very nice and what an improvement especially the way it handles. My 2007 E63 Wagon is nice but it doesn't handle all that well. This car is nice in every respect. Have to get that 1000 miles in before stomping on it.
Congratulations. Pics and a review would be appreciated.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Bri. Nice pic up
I bet yours was the one I saw at southcoast yesterday

Pm me who your sales Guy was
Old 12-19-2011, 08:15 PM

Arriving 1/12: E63 Wagon, P30, Limited Slip, Carbon Fiber Trim, 19" 5 Spoke Wheel
Looks awesome! Can I ask if you had to pay Gas Guzzler tax? I know CLS escaped it, but there's talk that the e63 with the same engine and chassis might not. Makes no sense, but...
And if it had the premium leather upgrade on it, is the dash MB Tex or leather? Thanks, and congrats.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 AM

2012 E63 TT Wagon
E63 Wagon

I did not pay gas Gussler. I just went to look for the window sticker and they didn't leave it in the car. I hope they kept it.

So far the car is very nice. 250 miles so no hard full throttle runs.

The biggest improvement in the car is the Suspension especially the front. My old E63 Wagon never give me much confidence when pushing it on freeway curved on ramps. This car is much better and dives in and grabbs so much better. Engine is nice and seems to be faster than my old wagon, not a ton faster but faster. Exhaust Sound is excellent. Transmission is good so far. Driving mostly in Sport +, and some in Sport. In Sport + shift changes at times has been slow (maybe if I was on the throttle harder this might change). Steering is very good, and overall ride is good although a little too harsh in Comfort Setting. Should be a liitle more forgiving in Comfort Mode. Have not driven it yet in the stiffer settings but i am guessing it may be too harsh for around town lousy roads. Stereo is decent, needs better bass or better subwoofer. Command System is excellent meaning Nav, Phone, I Pod, Voice commands. Diamond White is a great color. Sunrood is ok would rather have flush in the roof when open but don't use it all that often (sunroof when open sits on top of roof). Backseat sunroof is nice except nobody hardly rides in my backseat. The car had Backseat Entertainment which I don't need or want and it makes the headrests look to big. Biggest Complaint would be the Roof rack. Why have one on an AMG car??? But at least they could have painted it Gloss Black to fit the A Pillar trim colors and it would then disappear more. I will have it painted soon. Another minor complaint is how the back seat goes down. Old Wagon the seat pulled up and the backs fits flush to the bottom of the floor. the new car backs sit on top of the seats so they don't go down as far flat. Only a problem for me because my Road Bike doesn't fit as good as before but it still works. The car is much tighter and smooth feeling compared to the old car (which had 50,000 miles and 5 years old). The Eco Stop Start would take getting used too if you drive in Comfort Mode which I don't. The Car looks really good. No need for wheels and tires for a while.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Arriving 1/12: E63 Wagon, P30, Limited Slip, Carbon Fiber Trim, 19" 5 Spoke Wheel
Thanks! One more question if you don't mind -- did the dealer give you any break off sticker price?. Mine arrives in two weeks and I'm wondering whether I'll have any room to negotiate. With so few cars, I'm guessing they would hold on to it rather than discount it -- unless it sits for awhile, which it, won't because I'm buying it!! Enhoy, and thanks again for the info.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:25 PM

2012 E63 TT Wagon
E63 Wagon

Yes I was able to deal some but not as much as I was wanted. PM and I will tell you what percentage.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Tenorite and steel grey kind of look the same to me. Either way, both are too hot for me in the summer but they do look good.

Well, they can at least fit in a smaller 3rd row seat even if they are not the same size as regular E wagon 3rd row seat--to at least increase the utility of things. Man, with that space, I can haul back sofas from IKEA!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 AM

09' E63 wagon ( white ), 09' E63 wagon ( grey )
Congrats on the new wagon!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:19 PM

incoming 2012 E63 wagon
As an FYI the third row seat is not available on the E63 and cannot be specced. MB will not mount it on different axle of 63 and will void warranty if retrofitted
Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Void what part of the warranty? Not like they can void the entire warranty of the car because of a modified interior item. I see guys all the time quoting some law in regards to warranties and modifications to cars about what rights owners do have. Their posts of course are more towards performance enhancements but their points would still apply to if someone added something to the interior of the car.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Been meaning to post my "review" for awhile, but better late than never. Picked my car up in January, and now have about 2k miles. Unfortunately, mostly city/commuter miles, but 3 good solid road trips as well. First, this car is FAST. Very fast. From 60 to 125 instantly! When you hit the gas, pay attention.
For a wagon, it also handles real well (but don't compare it to your 2-seater Porsche) and the brakes are excellent. After about 1k miles, the rears started squeaking loudly, and the dealer just replaced them. I didn't even have to ask, just told him they were noisy. Exhaust noise is awesome, and the downshifts (manual or when in S+ mode) sound fantastic with the rev matcher doing a great job. Love playing with this thing in M Mode.
Gas mileage is what you'd expect, not great. But it was pretty good on a long trip up I5 crusing on the highway at over 20mpg). Still, if you want fuel efficiency, buy something else. Unless driving slow and in C mode, it's closer to 10 mpg city than 15 mpg.
Interior of the car is what you'd expect, real nice all around. You can get nicer, but this is a wagon not an S class cruise ship. Nothing rattles, and while the suspension and tires make for a fairly noisy roll, the only real noise is the good kind -- from the exhaust. Can't say enough about how good it sounds, and it never fails to turn a head on start up.
Transmission is pretty dang good. Porsche PDK is much better (my friend and I switched cars and he has the brand new 911 and that transmission is the best thing ever), but shifts are quick. I have had some clunky shifts here and there, but probably my fault for having it in S+ when it shouldn't be.
Several "issues": the car is almost undriveable in C mode in traffic (the only place you'd ever use C mode for me). Downshifts happen too late and when in traffic or trying to drive smoothly, the car lugs...badly. Took it to the dealer and they said it was fine. It's not. I don't need it to stay on the pipe at 3000 rpm all the time, but when you're in 5th gear going 15 mph, it will leave the car at about 600 rpm. Push on the gas and you'll cringe at the noise. Not cool.
Also, the car has significant throttle lag. Seems to take forever to pull out of a driveway, or away from a stop sign. Don't notice it as much at higher speeds or when driving harder, but still too much for me. I read a review in one of the magazines that said the same thing and didn't want to believe it, but it's true.
All in all, this car is meant to be driven hard and aggressively, and when you do it is as good as it gets. But for those like me who have to be able to drive it on the street and in traffic too, MB can do better.
Oh, and did I mention that the car is fast?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i agree with above, if you dont put your foot down the car is kinda soggy, esp in c mode

i do drive it in c mode if im around town, and i just make sure i turn eco off, eco is so tempermental, wierd system

sometimes for long constant speed drives, there is no point of S+ on the freeway so i switch it to C, just for fuel economy, and even in C mode it moves when u need it too, S+ is really when the sound comes out tho,
havent dont much in M yet, or RS, need to do a race start soon
Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess the sluggish behavior from a stop is mainly due to the transmission, and not the engine, since my '10 car does the same, too.

S+ does sound better and have much faster shifting response. Most of the time, I still leave it in S+ at highway speed just in case some suddenly arised situation requires me to do some emergency maneuver and to get out of the situation as quickly as possible. Moreover, I don't think having the car in S+ at contant highway crusing speed affect fuel economy since the gear stays at "7" anyway.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I have many many turbo cars and my two m157 engines are definitely not that laggy (is that a word). My 996TT and my CL65 lagged much much more than the M157 tiny tubos... even my 997.1TT lags but as Otakki said the transmission plays a role and the 997.1TT had a tiptronic. My 997.2TT has a PDK and it has minimal lag. The tranny and the all important ECU play large roles.

I always drive in S+ and have a generally aggressive foot which creates a behavior pattern with the throttle and the benz ECU. The ECU has memory in regards to one's driving habits/patterns. So if one drives like a slug the responses will be recorded accordingly and over a period of time it will mimmick such behavior.

Again I have much experience with lightning throttles (S85 M engines- E92 M3's) and turbos that spool fast and these small snails do move quickly if you drive them accordingly and create a pattern with the ECU as well. And once the pattern is set it drives even better in the city and with stop and go traffic.

Last edited by Vic55; 04-05-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my car is doomed because my wife gets to drive it half the time, and she keeps it in C, Eco off, and mostly around town trips to kids school and back
Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Man, I have forgotten about that ECU memory thing. I think I will have to start "un-dooming" the car's ecu with some aggressive driving.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by otakki
Man, I have forgotten about that ECU memory thing. I think I will have to start "un-dooming" the car's ecu with some aggressive driving.
Off and on over and over (throttle)---- you may look funny to others but the car sure sounds great

Last edited by Vic55; 04-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

do you think the ecu knows if a different key is being used and it will go to the settings that are affiliated with each key, for instance if i use one key and wife uses one, rather than us both use same key

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 e63 Wagon