2012 E63 AMG Dyno Run Results with Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by russellm
Just to be clear, it was not a single dyno run. It was 4 pulls and the numbers were consistent across the pulls. I only posted one of the pulls and a video.

I mainly had it put on the Dyno just for the fun of it. I am not stupid enough to think this tells some story that my car is better or worse than anyone else's stock 2012 E63. I mainly posted it on here as a historical record because if enough people do it over time, you start to get a database of numbers which can help others someday, which is just a way of trying to contribute to the forum. I also do understand that no all Dyno's are created equal...

However, stating that the 1/4 is the true test of a cars performance is also not the whole story.... air temp, tires used, altitude, skill of the driver all come into play on QTR mile times. So those have to be taken with a grain of salt too

Thanks
Russell
I realize ALL of this & agree I didn't say you ONLY ran once, I said you POSTED A SINGLE RUN, & that doesn't validate or quantify a cars TRUE performance.. I WASN'T commenting to you directly (Why I didn't reply with your quote originally) I was commenting to some of the others who are heralding your Dyno graph as if it was a proven basement 11 thru high 10 second 1/4 mile car..

Last edited by Thericker; 02-29-2012 at 04:50 PM.