Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new Car and Driver E 63 AMG comparison test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMG12
Yeah true not only the S4 but look at some of the times for the A7 and A6 even more impressive for big cars. I have seen 4.7 0-60 times. I think it comes down to the gearing and the potency of Audis Supercharged V6. I'm def looking forward to big torque down low with the E63 though.
Ya the E63 definitely has more torque as Audi is not really aiming the S6 at the M5 or E63 as the car really is about $20K cheaper. I think what C&D was trying to say is that while the M5 and E63 are superior cars to the S6 the question is, is it $ 20K better? In C&D's opinion I guess it wasn't. In my opinion if I was making couple of hundred thousand each year than I guess $20k really doesn't matter, but if I was making say $100-150K/year than the $20K savings would definitely come into play. So IMO it is really a different buyer. The RS6 which problably won't make it to North America is where the real competition for the E63 and M5 will be from Audi. That car will most likely have the S8 engine with re-enforced internals that will pump out 520hp. That engine propels the S8 0-62mph in 4.2sec, so that will be even faster on the lighter RS6.