Sponsored by:

Any V1 users running the SAVVY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E63
Any V1 users running the SAVVY?

I went to install my V1 last week by running the cord to the 12V plug in the glove compartment like many suggested on here only to realize they removed that outlet on the '12s. Needed a plan B, so I ordered the SAVVY which plugs into the OBD2 port to provide another disguised solution. It does work to power my V1, but the SAVVY does not auto-mute the detector below the speed threshold as advertised. Valentine says it's likely due to SAVVY's inability to communicate with the ECU, or interference from MBrace (or what they refer to as OnStar equivalent.) I was curious if anyone else is currently utilizing SAVVY in their E63, and if so, does it work as advertised? I'm keeping the unit because of the simple install it creates, but I'd like to have it's full functionality too.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
well, while I have not used the savvy, I did get the brown out booster because of the S/S on my AMG.....

that V1 has already saved my **** like 4 times!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
I have a savvy and it does not work as advertised. I thought I had the wrong setting but your post confirms that something is wrong. As you mentioned, it was an easy install and didn't have to tap into wires. I like the fact that I can pull it and install in other cars with no problems. Not too sure about the 70 price tag for just a power source
Originally Posted by JDoug500
I went to install my V1 last week by running the cord to the 12V plug in the glove compartment like many suggested on here only to realize they removed that outlet on the '12s. Needed a plan B, so I ordered the SAVVY which plugs into the OBD2 port to provide another disguised solution. It does work to power my V1, but the SAVVY does not auto-mute the detector below the speed threshold as advertised. Valentine says it's likely due to SAVVY's inability to communicate with the ECU, or interference from MBrace (or what they refer to as OnStar equivalent.) I was curious if anyone else is currently utilizing SAVVY in their E63, and if so, does it work as advertised? I'm keeping the unit because of the simple install it creates, but I'd like to have it's full functionality too.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by drop997stop
I have a savvy and it does not work as advertised. I thought I had the wrong setting but your post confirms that something is wrong. As you mentioned, it was an easy install and didn't have to tap into wires. I like the fact that I can pull it and install in other cars with no problems. Not too sure about the 70 price tag for just a power source
Thanks. I'll give up on troubleshooting with Valentine.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E63
Originally Posted by hyperion667
well, while I have not used the savvy, I did get the brown out booster because of the S/S on my AMG.....

that V1 has already saved my **** like 4 times!

Do they use laser in your area? That's all they use where i live and I've found that radar detectors are useless against those. Once they have line of site, its too late....
Old 07-11-2012, 03:27 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by E-Ridium 63
Do they use laser in your area? That's all they use where i live and I've found that radar detectors are useless against those. Once they have line of site, its too late....
hmmm.......don't know exactly....
but just another reason for some good old speed poaching
Old 07-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E63
Originally Posted by hyperion667
hmmm.......don't know exactly....
but just another reason for some good old speed poaching

Generally when laser is involved, my radar goes off about a second or thereabouts before I see the cop at the speed trap.