Sponsored by:

Dyno Mode on 2012 E63???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Dyno Mode on 2012 E63???

Can anyone here confirm if the 2012 E63's have a "Dyno Mode" and if so please explain how to activate it? I cannot find any reference to it in any of the manuals that came with the car.

I've also searched the forums and found instructions on how to activate it on 2011 and earlier models and have tried following those instructions with no success. They also say to put the car in position #1 however I have key-less go so would that mean I just press the start button without my foot on the brake so put it into accessory mode?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:55 AM

E63
Anyone???
Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
See my other post...

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...dyno-mode.html

I tried it again. The easiest way is to start the car, make sure the dashboard display shows mileage then stop the engine (don't open the door ). Then follow the sequence of buttons. Hope it helps.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:10 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
See my other post...

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...dyno-mode.html

I tried it again. The easiest way is to start the car, make sure the dashboard display shows mileage then stop the engine (don't open the door ). Then follow the sequence of buttons. Hope it helps.
Thanks. I did try the steps listed in that thread with no luck. I tried it removing my KEYLESS-GO button so that I could insert the key into position 1 and also leaving in the KEYLESS-GO button and just pressing it once at first to put the car into accessory mode. I have a feeling the 2012 models may not have this feature? I have yet to find anyone with a 2012 model state that they have successfully put their E63 or CLS63 into "DynoMode". I'll give it another shot tomorrow though...
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 AM

2016 GS
Contact MHP, I'm sure they would know since they dyno tested their new chip.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 AM

2014 Lotus Evora S
Originally Posted by Incon306
Thanks. I did try the steps listed in that thread with no luck. I tried it removing my KEYLESS-GO button so that I could insert the key into position 1 and also leaving in the KEYLESS-GO button and just pressing it once at first to put the car into accessory mode. I have a feeling the 2012 models may not have this feature? I have yet to find anyone with a 2012 model state that they have successfully put their E63 or CLS63 into "DynoMode". I'll give it another shot tomorrow though...
I do have a 2012 cls63 and the instructions I provided works for me and two of my friends so you just found three who had successfully put it in DynoMode! It's important that your dashboard shows the mileage display before you start the procedure.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:34 PM

E63
I do have a 2012 cls63 and the instructions I provided works for me and two of my friends so you just found three who had successfully put it in DynoMode! It's important that your dashboard shows the mileage display before you start the procedure.
Ahhhh. My mistake. I read your sig as if you had an 09 and didn't realize you had a 2012 CLS63. Thank you very much for the info. I assume you have KEYLESS-GO? Do you remove the button so that you can actually insert the key to turn it to position 1?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 PM

2014 Lotus Evora S
No need to remove the keyless button. Just start the engine as usual and make sure that the display shows the full mileage (not the speed, not the trip computer, nothing else than the mileage). Then press once on the stop/start button to stop the engine but don't open the door. Then press the call button (the one you would press to call somebody, not the one to hang up) and while you keep pressing with your right thumb, use you left thumb to press the OK button and keep pressing both buttons for a few seconds until the menu shows up. Then you can release both buttons and use the arrows to navigate the menu.

I don't think I can be more detailed than this. The next step would be to have a video
Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 PM

E63
No need to remove the keyless button. Just start the engine as usual and make sure that the display shows the full mileage (not the speed, not the trip computer, nothing else than the mileage). Then press once on the stop/start button to stop the engine but don't open the door. Then press the call button (the one you would press to call somebody, not the one to hang up) and while you keep pressing with your right thumb, use you left thumb to press the OK button and keep pressing both buttons for a few seconds until the menu shows up. Then you can release both buttons and use the arrows to navigate the menu.

I don't think I can be more detailed than this. The next step would be to have a video
Excellent! After a number of tries I was able to get it to work! The timing in which you press/hold the buttons is critical and unforgiving.