Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall F10 M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
Here's my two cents with the new M5... its an awesome all around car really really is always has been since the E39, amazingly fast also! fit and finish is bit nicer than the E63, ride quality to me are both on the same level, handling BMW takes it BUT the E63 is very close behind, they both sound great but the E63 def takes the crown for me, the BMW recall it doesn't mean a thing, just a recall! Now on to the decision maker for me, I have a hard time telling what kind of car it is thats how far behind it is when i race them...

the sahkir orange interior is dope..
as far as a drivers car the M5 also wins in that department!

Last edited by NickE63; 10-06-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
It would have been nice if mercs had more leather choices
Old 10-06-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by Vic55
I have researched many posts on the B and O- differing of opinoins no doubt. I really enjoy blasting my radio having very clear sound so it might work for me.
you will still have that with the stock system trust me..

but hey if you wanna get the higher end stereo system go for it. but i think you will regret it if you dont get the full leather. the vinyl dash has a bit of a cheap "hard plastic" look and feel to it. the upper and lower dash that gets it as well. and if im not mistaken the backs of the seats are plastic as well if you dont get full leather.

i think the biggest reason i would get the B&O if i had chose to, is the way it classes up the look of the interior. i think it looks real slick. but the difference in sound quality between the stock and B&O .. IMO not worth it.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

so bmw doesnt have a bmw tex like mercs does for those areas of the dash and door panels....good for them

in regards to the stereo, go in and listen to both of them, see what u like

i had the BO in both the virage and rapide i had for a month, the systems were nice but not anything fantastic,
in my w126 i have a few amps, kenwood head unit, some eclipse drop in speakers and a jlw3 12inch basic box enclosure, and it sounds better and cleaner than most new car systems
Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by hyperion667
is this the color you mean? I was curious enough to google lol.....
very interesting color choice........

these seats look comfortable

Yep Hyp thats it... a different look for me where all I have had is black leather.

Originally Posted by NickE63
Here's my two cents with the new M5... its an awesome all around car really really is always has been since the E39, amazingly fast also! fit and finish is bit nicer than the E63, ride quality to me are both on the same level, handling BMW takes it BUT the E63 is very close behind, they both sound great but the E63 def takes the crown for me, the BMW recall it doesn't mean a thing, just a recall! Now on to the decision maker for me, I have a hard time telling what kind of car it is thats how far behind it is when i race them...

the sahkir orange interior is dope..
as far as a drivers car the M5 also wins in that department!
Thanks--- I agree, a recall is a recall- not much different than the sparkplu issues with certain M157 engines but larger in scope because there is so much discussion about the new f10 M5 versus the M157. I know my modded CLS is faster than a stock M5 up top. The dig feels relatively close but as you noted the M5 is the drivers car and thats what I felt too with my test drive.

Originally Posted by mainly
you will still have that with the stock system trust me..

but hey if you wanna get the higher end stereo system go for it. but i think you will regret it if you dont get the full leather. the vinyl dash has a bit of a cheap "hard plastic" look and feel to it. the upper and lower dash that gets it as well. and if im not mistaken the backs of the seats are plastic as well if you dont get full leather.

i think the biggest reason i would get the B&O if i had chose to, is the way it classes up the look of the interior. i think it looks real slick. but the difference in sound quality between the stock and B&O .. IMO not worth it.
I hear you. I drove and sat in an F10 M5 that had the silverstone extended and not full leather. I didnt really find the dashboard to be all that bad at all. What was most important for me was the leather quality and that it covered surfaces that I touched normally like the seats (duh), parts of the door, armrest, etc. With the Sakhir Orange full leather might be too much and the extended version gets a nice contrast. Im glad that the car has the nice headliner unlike my 2010 E63.

Im not a supreme audiophile but if the car has the B and O ill take it- if it doesnt I agree with you that I wont miss it a bunch. The car I do have potentially inked has it though. Im waiting for the recall to be done on the car so I can decide. I already know what wheels Im getting too Im truly deciding on this car not for ultimate modding ecu wise/speed but for driveability over the CLS which I know you will absolutely support. I think a nice H and R drop, black grilles, black side gills, HRE 20's and exhaust mod will be fitting.

Here is a question- many of us have done the resonator removal on the M157 to create amazing sound. I wonder if I remove the M5 resonator what will happen?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you will be the first to tell us im sure...........or get the akrapovic set up which is suppose to be nice

doesnt eisenman make the current exhaust for mercs and bimmer?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
did you know Vic I was talking to a guy at the last C&C that wraps cars.....and we both were thinking about a flat orange wrap........would be for my 550.........
I think it'd be funny/fun/cool to have that color for a while
and would look cool with these savory **** glossy r43's
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
E63 AMG, E60 M5
Originally Posted by hyperion667
did you know Vic I was talking to a guy at the last C&C that wraps cars.....and we both were thinking about a flat orange wrap........would be for my 550.........
I think it'd be funny/fun/cool to have that color for a while
and would look cool with these savory **** glossy r43's
Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Yep Hyp thats it... a different look for me where all I have had is black leather.

Thanks--- I agree, a recall is a recall- not much different than the sparkplu issues with certain M157 engines but larger in scope because there is so much discussion about the new f10 M5 versus the M157. I know my modded CLS is faster than a stock M5 up top. The dig feels relatively close but as you noted the M5 is the drivers car and thats what I felt too with my test drive.

I hear you. I drove and sat in an F10 M5 that had the silverstone extended and not full leather. I didnt really find the dashboard to be all that bad at all. What was most important for me was the leather quality and that it covered surfaces that I touched normally like the seats (duh), parts of the door, armrest, etc. With the Sakhir Orange full leather might be too much and the extended version gets a nice contrast. Im glad that the car has the nice headliner unlike my 2010 E63.

Im not a supreme audiophile but if the car has the B and O ill take it- if it doesnt I agree with you that I wont miss it a bunch. The car I do have potentially inked has it though. Im waiting for the recall to be done on the car so I can decide. I already know what wheels Im getting too Im truly deciding on this car not for ultimate modding ecu wise/speed but for driveability over the CLS which I know you will absolutely support. I think a nice H and R drop, black grilles, black side gills, HRE 20's and exhaust mod will be fitting.

Here is a question- many of us have done the resonator removal on the M157 to create amazing sound. I wonder if I remove the M5 resonator what will happen?

those mods will look really sick on the f10;. what color exterior?

ive heard mixed opinions on the effects of the resonator removal.

im already there with the exterior mods (paint matched side grilles, paint matched bumper/corner markers, and paint matched/ black kidney grilles.

as for the exhaust, just waiting for RPI to come out with theirs as it will likely sound as good if not better than Akrapovic's, and probably be alot cheaper.

the stock 20" wheels are so nice, i dont even think HRE makes anything that will look better. of course its all personal choice.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
A car
Vic, what you think?

Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
yes, I got the email too......nice to see another series.....

looks good......sharp, definative lines...

but Lon, when is someone going to return the two messages I've sent HRE?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by mainly
those mods will look really sick on the f10;. what color exterior?

ive heard mixed opinions on the effects of the resonator removal.

im already there with the exterior mods (paint matched side grilles, paint matched bumper/corner markers, and paint matched/ black kidney grilles.

as for the exhaust, just waiting for RPI to come out with theirs as it will likely sound as good if not better than Akrapovic's, and probably be alot cheaper.

the stock 20" wheels are so nice, i dont even think HRE makes anything that will look better. of course its all personal choice.

Oh I think HRE makes better wheels but you like you said its personal. As for the resonator delete do you have any links to what you have heard via forums? Im still trying to get some factual input.

I know Eloy at RPI for years- he modded my 2007 M6 and my 2009 M3- Im glad he is local but I can get wholesale on Eisenmann exhausts too.

I know Ill lower my car too with H&R- so far its the best looking drop.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
does that mean bad idea?

sh*t is going to be sick.......
Old 10-13-2012, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wtf.....i sure didnt expect this outcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vvHTN0Yi1t4

Last edited by vdubpower; 10-13-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 AM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
^ hahahahahhahahahahaha i just had to laugh at that even though its amazing to see such a powerful electric car do that to one of the fastest sedans ever made
Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 PM

BMW 525i
Originally Posted by vdubpower
wtf.....i sure didnt expect this outcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vvHTN0Yi1t4
Two things:

Electric motor has torque at 0 rpm.
M5 launch was sloppy.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dirtye30
Two things:

Electric motor has torque at 0 rpm.
M5 launch was sloppy.
I cant access YT from where Im at right now but wasnt the M5 a manual?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:01 PM

BMW 525i
I cant access YT from where Im at right now but wasnt the M5 a manual?
It wasn't specified, but it sure sounded like it.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

regardless, its not good.....i dont want to see what might happen against the E.....

i had no idea the stupid buick lacrosse tesla could move like that

ive driven fisker karma and i dont think it can move that quick....even with 900 pound feet

oh the tesla does share some E components, specifcaly the window switches...

oh and they talk about the 300mile range........pretty much the same we get in our cars
Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
does anyone know how to fully disable the traction control on the F10 M5, im sitting in my buddies car the button down and m mode everything set to sport and its not spinning, just lil then bogs down?? any help would be appreciated i know its a Benz site and all but i just want to let the tires loose lol
Old 10-13-2012, 06:27 PM

does anyone know how to fully disable the traction control on the F10 M5, im sitting in my buddies car the button down and m mode everything set to sport and its not spinning, just lil then bogs down?? any help would be appreciated i know its a Benz site and all but i just want to let the tires loose lol
thats it. hold down the DSC button for a couple seconds till it says dsc off, and the yellow icon appears constantly in the cluster. not MDM, but the yellow car with squiggly tire tracks.

by the way the same thing happens in the new 5.5 amg's . get a little bit of spin then it bogs. yo can sit there all day with your foot all the way down on the gas and your other foot slightly on the brake, and the car just idles in one spot.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 PM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
ok so me and my buddy took my E63 and his M5 to home depots parking lot 2 hours ago and i destroyed a set of tires doing wholeshots and donuts and he took a good 20% rubber off his brand new 295's, i had my mother ****ing Gopro camera in hand during all these fun burnouts. i come home to upload the videos to youtube to share with everyone and i find out that we were taking photos instead of videos im so pissed right now i want to cry.

oh and by the way the new F10 M5 does not do brake stands/power braking. i tried everything to get those tires up in smoke while holding the brakes nothing works, if the brake is held and gas pedal to the floor the car just sits there revving at 2000 rpms, once you let off it will leave a 1000' whole shot.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:50 PM

ok so me and my buddy took my E63 and his M5 to home depots parking lot 2 hours ago and i destroyed a set of tires doing wholeshots and donuts and he took a good 20% rubber off his brand new 295's, i had my mother ****ing Gopro camera in hand during all these fun burnouts. i come home to upload the videos to youtube to share with everyone and i find out that we were taking photos instead of videos im so pissed right now i want to cry.

oh and by the way the new F10 M5 does not do brake stands/power braking. i tried everything to get those tires up in smoke while holding the brakes nothing works, if the brake is held and gas pedal to the floor the car just sits there revving at 2000 rpms, once you let off it will leave a 1000' whole shot.
was this with the e63 or the m5 that you did these burn outs? i assume the m5 since it was 295's

what if you just lightly apply the brake and floor it?

its definitely gonna break them loose, just how far will you move before they do, and will you be able to keep doing a burnout if you keep the gas floored and then brake more so you come to a full stop again
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well post the pics regardless, and get back to homeboydepot tomorrow and go at it again
Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Yeah, having some pics are better than nothing.

Well, you know those electric motor has pretty much a flat torque curve. And just like one had mentioned, above, it starts at 0 rpm. Those electric motor can really generate some serious twisting power. Just feel those power tool's torque and you will know it's not something to mess with.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recall F10 M5