Intro- Joined the E63 Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Intro- Joined the E63 Club

Greetings!

I recently traded in my Lexus IS-F for an '11 E63 AMG blk/blk, P2, Pano with 4k miles.

Have 30% tints and rear roof spoiler put on (from Jerry at formymercedes). Thinking about the Eurotek rear diffuser. Any one have this? If so, how was installation, and do you have pics?

I have a V1 detector I plugged into the glovebox but the wire is smashed in the door (still works fine, though). Anyone try the Savvy unit, and if so, where do you hide the cord?

I have learned quite a bit reading through this forum, and I hope to contribute any way I can. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
We have a convert here from IS-F! Welcome!

By the way, did your IS-F have that Torsen LSD which became standard in ?2011?

I also plugged my "blackbox" looping video recorder into the glove box after routing the wire behind the panels around the windshield. That saves the hassle of having to tap into the fuse box for power. The auto-on capability of those cigarette lighter plugs makes them really useful in conjuction with my auto-on video recorder.

Last edited by otakki; 10-16-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:11 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by Raddoc
Greetings!

I recently traded in my Lexus IS-F for an '11 E63 AMG blk/blk, P2, Pano with 4k miles.

Have 30% tints and rear roof spoiler put on (from Jerry at formymercedes). Thinking about the Eurotek rear diffuser. Any one have this? If so, how was installation, and do you have pics?

I have a V1 detector I plugged into the glovebox but the wire is smashed in the door (still works fine, though). Anyone try the Savvy unit, and if so, where do you hide the cord?

I have learned quite a bit reading through this forum, and I hope to contribute any way I can. Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the new ride. Need to post pics when you can. I too am in the market for a 2011 E63. Do you mind sharing the deal you got?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by otakki
We have a convert here from IS-F! Welcome!

By the way, did your IS-F have that Torsen LSD which became standard in ?2011?

I also plugged my "blackbox" looping video recorder into the glove box after routing the wire behind the panels around the windshield. That saves the hassle of having to tap into the fuse box for power. The auto-on capability of those cigarette lighter plugs makes them really useful in conjuction with my auto-on video recorder.
It didn't have LSD. In comparison, the AMG has more luxury features but not as fun to drive. Then again, it is a 5 passenger sedan that is as fast off the line and handles superb for a sedan.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by LFTW8S
Congrats on the new ride. Need to post pics when you can. I too am in the market for a 2011 E63. Do you mind sharing the deal you got?

Thanks in advance
It had 43xx miles on it but never titled. Got an extra 1 year warranty and they certified it. So 5 years or 100k warranty. List was $75k and got it for around $72k. Difficult to say exactly as there was a trade-in figured into it....
Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
So is it considered a new car, since it has never been titled? How do they certify a new car? I thought certification is only for pre-owned.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM

E63 AMG
Probably just BS from the salesman. He said it is basically new since never titled. The GM drove it for a few months not being able to sell it on the lot or in showroom. I remember seeing it in the showroom 18 months ago with that $100k+ sticker! They certified it; got the sticker in the driver's doorway to prove it.

Very happy with it so far. Probably could have got a few more thousand off, with the bad weather coming soon and the 2013's already out.... but, oh well, 30% off isn't that bad.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt
Sounds like you got a good deal, for a certified car with such low miles.