Shelby vs M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by JumpinJim
The performance of the F10 seems to be random though, and not by small amounts. Some are strong stock and eat PP E63s for breakfast and some get beat by stock C63s. It makes no sense.

Then again they're not selling well. I see 530 for sale new across the country sitting on lots. They should be starting fire sales on them any time now. I had a local dealer tell me he wouldn't sell one for less than MSRP. I laughed and said you have 4 sitting here, call me when you start dumping them for $15-20k off to get rid of them.
I believe that might be more a reflection of the drivers rather than the cars.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Gsc

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2014 Porsche Turbo S, 2013 Bentley GT Speed W12
Originally Posted by JumpinJim
The performance of the F10 seems to be random though, and not by small amounts. Some are strong stock and eat PP E63s for breakfast and some get beat by stock C63s. It makes no sense.

Then again they're not selling well. I see 530 for sale new across the country sitting on lots. They should be starting fire sales on them any time now. I had a local dealer tell me he wouldn't sell one for less than MSRP. I laughed and said you have 4 sitting here, call me when you start dumping them for $15-20k off to get rid of them.

And i'm waiting for one of those fire sales to kick in. Went to my local dealer this weekend and they have 2 M5's, loaded which they are not even budging a penny. I mentioned huge inventory out there and they refused to work something out with me. Oh well, I'm not in a rush.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
Originally Posted by Gsc
And i'm waiting for one of those fire sales to kick in. Went to my local dealer this weekend and they have 2 M5's, loaded which they are not even budging a penny. I mentioned huge inventory out there and they refused to work something out with me. Oh well, I'm not in a rush.
Dealers in NJ will already drop 8-9k off of one without trying. Some are sitting on 9 M5s and a few M6s.