AMS E63 5.5Biturbo ALPHA 9 testing 10.7@135mph! **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
AMS E63 5.5Biturbo ALPHA 9 testing 10.7@135mph! **VIDEO**

Most of you have been patient as we release updates and we thank you for that. For us designing a product takes time as we are very particular about not only the quality but how well it fits, How well the car operates and that it meets or exceeds OEM quality.

Today is the next step in our ALPHA 9 development for the 5.5biturbo. Outfitted with only our upgraded ALPHA 9 turbos and our custom ECU tune we were able to run a 10.7@135.7mph this past weekend! Considering the package is far from done and will add the use of a full turbo back exhaust system and other options this latest result has us very excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wZ4y...ature=youtu.be

We were also able to clip off a very impressive 60-130 time of 6.58 seconds!

For more info please visit www.alphaperformance.com

Eric
Old 05-29-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Thumbs up

Wow pretty damn impressive already
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
wowwww nice work guys!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
Nice job can't wait to see the finished product !
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Nice work guys!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Very nice!

What type of fuel are you using?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Awesome as to expected coming from AMS. Will that car allow a burnout?

Trending Topics

Old 05-30-2013, 02:24 PM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
am i the only one who thinks or expects more from a turbo upgrade, im not bashing AMS, you guys are fabulous at what you do, ive seen cls63's make these runs without a turbo upgrade

i was expecting a low 10 with an turbo upgrade
Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
forget the ET, look at what its trapping at the end 5mph more. pretty damn good for no downpipes exhaust etc... I think the renntech car had gone 137 trap in the 1/4 mile !
I think when its all said in done these cars will be trapping 140+ consistently.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by NickE63
am i the only one who thinks or expects more from a turbo upgrade, im not bashing AMS, you guys are fabulous at what you do, ive seen cls63's make these runs without a turbo upgrade
Fastest 2012 Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG - Drag Video - RENNtech - 10.79 @ 130.77 - Road Test TV - YouTube

i was expecting a low 10 with an turbo upgrade
Are you 100% positive this was done on stock turbos? We have heard this car did indeed have a turbo upgrade.

Lastly remember this is ONLY a turbo upgrade, no exhaust work, no cooling work.. JUST our upgraded turbos and new tune...that's it.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 05-30-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:05 PM

2011 C63AMG P31
Eric is your package will include any cooling system and Transmission upgrade or even engine upgrades pistions and so on ?
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by alrasheed1991
Eric is your package will include any cooling system and Transmission upgrade or even engine upgrades pistions and so on ?
A built motor will be an option as we increase turbo sizes. In fact we have a 5.5 here torn down as we spec aftermarket internals needed for BIG power

The transmission as well will be addressed as needed. Cooling options again will follow as the systems start to show signs of stress.

Just like our ALPHA program for the GT-R we will make whatever the car needs to make the power reliably and nothing more.

Eric
Old 05-31-2013, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
That Renntech car had downpipes, exhaust, tune and different heat exchanger running 20psi of boost. Then the skinnies up front help a little too. Its 60-130 time was a 7.57, so as you see the AMS car was a full second quicker in that department meaning pulling down the backend of the track was quite a bit more. Think a couple car lengths on a street race.

The Renntech car has ran a 10.6@136 with upgraded turbos, built engine/transmission, downpipes, exhaust, cooling, intake as well as suspension upgrades and the differential too. So considering AMS just ran nearly the same on their first attempt at the track while having stock exhaust, stock cats (no downpipes), stock intake, cooling, blah blah blah, I think they are doing ok.

Last edited by urbamworm; 05-31-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 AM

As listed in my sign
Good job guys.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'11 911 Turbo S, '15 HELLCAT, '07 Escalade, '15 Sienna
Awesome
Old 06-01-2013, 04:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'11 911 Turbo S, '15 HELLCAT, '07 Escalade, '15 Sienna
When can u do my car lol
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lexus gx470
Was this car at the 1/2 mile shootout?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
I have a new E63 S 4-matic on order and I have been keeping an eye on the development of the AMS Alpha E63. To be honest I am torn between going with Weistec or AMS product, I was leaning AMS because you guys are local and what you have done with GTR's is other worldly.

However, I was at the 1/2 mile event running my ZR1 this weekend and saw the speeds your E was running on Sunday, I was not too impressed to say the least. You guys are publishing 778 to wheels but after what I saw yesterday I think that is a slightly exagerated number. Here is my reasoning behind thinking that, jrcart was running his C Black Series at the event, he was trapping at the same 163-164mph as your E yesterday however last month jrcart was at another 1/2 mile event and the Weistec E was trapping consistantly 5-6 mph faster than jrcarts C. There are videos on this forum showing the Weistec E easily handling jrcarts C Black. Trying to make sense of what I was seeing yesterday I spoke with jrcart at the event yesterday and asked if he might be running more hp or a different tune than last month and he said nothing had changed and he was actually running a few mph slower than the last event. I guess my question is why was your E not trapping at over 170mph like the Weistec car does event though the Wesitec car has 50 less hp to the wheels than what you guys are publishing? I would guess your extra 50 published hp should be trapping even a couple mph faster than the Weistec E, right?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
I have a new E63 S 4-matic on order and I have been keeping an eye on the development of the AMS Alpha E63. To be honest I am torn between going with Weistec or AMS product, I was leaning AMS because you guys are local and what you have done with GTR's is other worldly.

However, I was at the 1/2 mile event running my ZR1 this weekend and saw the speeds your E was running on Sunday, I was not too impressed to say the least. You guys are publishing 778 to wheels but after what I saw yesterday I think that is a slightly exagerated number. Here is my reasoning behind thinking that, jrcart was running his C Black Series at the event, he was trapping at the same 163-164mph as your E yesterday however last month jrcart was at another 1/2 mile event and the Weistec E was trapping consistantly 5-6 mph faster than jrcarts C. There are videos on this forum showing the Weistec E easily handling jrcarts C Black. Trying to make sense of what I was seeing yesterday I spoke with jrcart at the event yesterday and asked if he might be running more hp or a different tune than last month and he said nothing had changed and he was actually running a few mph slower than the last event. I guess my question is why was your E not trapping at over 170mph like the Weistec car does event though the Wesitec car has 50 less hp to the wheels than what you guys are publishing? I would guess your extra 50 published hp should be trapping even a couple mph faster than the Weistec E, right?
Regarding the power we are putting down I can assure you we are making every bit of what we say we are. Look up our credentials with all the models we work with and HP is something we never play around with.

The best MPH for our car at the 1/2 mile event wasn't great but that was because we were doing some tuning on site. I believe it was 164mph however we had been playing with boost that day and sadly we kept hitting a boost limitation on the 4-5th shift causing the car to go into limp mode. This is why you would see the driver hit the brakes long before the 1/2 mile marker. So at the end of the day we never even made a full 1/2 mile pass. We decided to use the weekend as a way of doing some nice closed course logging and testing that is normally not available to us. We learned a great deal from the logs and the car is going to come out stronger than ever the next time out

Eric
Old 06-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS

Like Eric mentioned we turned up boost a bit and were hitting a load limit that I finally chased down at the very end of the day when the closed the track. They let me do one more run just to test and it was fixed. Saturdays run was 164.5 mph from a standing start 1/2 mile. Just so we're comparing apples to apples the Weistec car ran 170mph in a standing half mile from what you're saying? for reference, our Porsche 997tt trapped 173mph this weekend at the half mile at 830-840whp level (went 144.2 in the quarter at the drag strip).

The only thing I could find was a rolling half mile video event where they went 161mph with their turbo upgrades and exhaust.
But again the car is already rolling at decent clip when it starts the half mile, not from a standing start. Is there a time slip for this, Vbox data? No disrespect to them at all I just want to make sure we're comparing the same things here. I attached the mph/time slip from the event this weekend, btw the car I ran against was a modded ZR1

Also when we ran the 135.78 it was not at the 780'ish whp level, more like 740-750whp.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to call us or even stop by the shop any time, we'll show you around or even give you a ride in the E63.

-Martin Musial
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
E63 HALF MILE 6.1.13.pdf (29.5 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 06-03-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: had wrong speed for half mile
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
Like Eric mentioned we turned up boost a bit and were hitting a load limit that I finally chased down at the very end of the day when the closed the track. They let me do one more run just to test and it was fixed. Saturdays run was 164.5 mph from a standing start 1/2 mile. Just so we're comparing apples to apples the Weistec car ran 170mph in a standing half mile from what you're saying? for reference, our Porsche 997tt trapped 173mph this weekend at the half mile at 830-840whp level (went 144.2 in the quarter at the drag strip).

The only thing I could find was a rolling half mile video event where they went 161mph with their turbo upgrades and exhaust.
Weistec E63 Biturbo goes 161 MPH in the half! - YouTube
But again the car is already rolling at decent clip when it starts the half mile, not from a standing start. Is there a time slip for this, Vbox data? No disrespect to them at all I just want to make sure we're comparing the same things here. I attached the mph/time slip from the event this weekend, btw the car I ran against was a modded ZR1

Also when we ran the 135.78 it was not at the 780'ish whp level, more like 740-750whp.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to call us or even stop by the shop any time, we'll show you around or even give you a ride in the E63.

-Martin Musial
That video was from the March No Fly Zone half mile race, the Weistec E was only trapping 161 at that event and I was beating it with my C by 3-5 car lengths. We did the Shift Sector event in April and I was traping 167 and the Weistec E was beating me by 2-3 cars, that weekend I can not say for sure the exact speed they were running but it was higher than my 167.

I have to agree with 573whpcls, your guys numbers are not adding up, at least the speeds I saw you posting yesterday. My C should not have been running anywhere close to the same speeds as your E if it is making 770whp. I am not by any means calling you liars or suggesting any funny business, your reputation speaks for itself and the only four cars that beat my 1000whp CLK in the Shift Sector tuner trophy shootout in April were Alpha 10's and 12's so I respect what you have done however I have been in the AMG game a while and been around the block a couple times and this does not add up.

You guys are local, I live in Naperville, I am sure I will see your AMG's around, I spend a lot of time at Byron maybe we will bump into one another at the track and line em up, that would be fun.

CONGRATS ON THAT 214MPH RUN YESTERDAY IN THE OMEGA, I got to see it and it was impressive to witness

Last edited by jrcart; 06-04-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
That video was from the March No Fly Zone half mile race, the Weistec E was only trapping 161 at that event and I was beating it with my C by 3-5 car lengths. We did the Shift Sector event in April and I was traping 167 and the Weistec E was beating me by 2-3 cars, that weekend I can not say for sure the exact speed they were running but it was higher than my 167.

I have to agree with 573whpcls, your guys numbers are not adding up, at least the speeds I saw you posting yesterday. My C should not have been running anywhere close to the same speeds as your E if it is making 770whp. I am not by any means calling you liars or suggesting any funny business, your reputation speaks for itself and the only four cars that beat my 1000whp CLK in the Shift Sector tuner trophy shootout in April were Alpha 10's and 12's so I respect what you have done however I have been in the AMG game a while and been around the block a couple times and this does not add up.

You guys are local, I live in Naperville, I am sure I will see your AMG's around, I spend a lot of time at Byron maybe we will bump into one another at the track and line em up, that would be fun.

CONGRATS ON THAT 214MPH RUN YESTERDAY IN THE OMEGA, I got to see it and it was impressive to witness
Thank you for the compliments

I dont know if you misread but on every pass we made yesterday the car would trip a limp mode condition going into 5th gear so we never got to do the full 1/2 under full power. This was from him playing with boost mapping. He figured out the issue on the last test pass of the day but we never got to make a full pass. Also as Martin said the car was running at about 740whp yesterday...roughly.

Also the shift sector events are not standing half mile events at all. They are rolling start events. We know this from those ALPHA 10 and 12 customer cars that were competing in the event. As Martin said its really an apples to oranges comparison.

Your car is very quick and it was nice to watch it. One of the best sounding cars over the weekend in my opinion.

Eric
Old 06-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Banned

That's insane.
Better than the stock C6 ZO6 record I believe.