AMS ALPHA 9 1/2 mile video! E63 Vs ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
I really don't know how many more times we can say it but here goes one more... we did NOT run the car at the 1/2 mile nor at the drag strip at the 787whp mark we dynoed at! Why can't you understand that? We are not trying to talk to you like some "punk noob" but if you are not going to take the time to at least read our posts or comprehend what we are saying then what else can we do??

Being around the AMG tuning community for many years is great but we have been building cars for over a decade: GT-R's, Porsche's, BMW's, Audi R8's, Race cars, Drag cars...the list goes on. We simply would not be where we are today by lying or misleading people. This business is very good about purging the liars and con artists quite quickly thank God.

As far as your roll vs standing start I think we there is some misconception. The 1/2 mile event did indeed have a roll or standing start option. The reason why some cars would show similar trap speeds or even a higher trap with a standing start is because the standing start at that event was about 150-200ft farther away. The rolling start point was less than a 1/2 mile. So at THAT event there would not be much of a difference in a car like yours or one with a similar power to weight ratio. I can not speak to the shift sector event as I have no idea how their distance was measured or how that event was ran. Sadly when it comes to 1/2 mile racing there doesn't seem to be much of a governing body to assure all events are run the same. At the Chicago WannaGoFast event the 1/2 mile mark was between the drag tree and the finish line. The rolling cones to finish line were short of a 1/2 mile.

Clearly your alegiances are with other shops and that is fine. It's a big market and we are going to continue to put out our results and numbers like we have done with every other car we have worked on. The AMG line will be no different and our company motto of "Quality, Integrity and Results" will ring just as true. This isn't the first time we came into a market and were met with adversity. All we can do is continue to put our best foot forward and continue to operate with honesty. We wish you the best of luck with your AMG career ahead and hope your cars continue to provide you the results you are looking for. We are sorry you feel the way you do about our business, maybe one day we can help change your mind.

Eric
Maybe I am missing your point but you are definately missing mine.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. I will leave your thread alone, it was not my intention to turn your thread into a ***** storm, it is just that I had some questions regarding your HP claims and I was not the only one with those questions. I would however like to know if you would like to line up with the Weistec E because I will gladly pay to have it shipped out here to run your car head to head either at Byron or at the Michigan Mile event followed by a dyno pull for both cars at a neuteral thrird party dyno. Let me know.

One more thing, I just want to go on record and say I am not bashing you guys because I am a Weistec "fan boy", I have only commented on two threads both pertaining to your E63 biturbo on what I have percieved as discrepencies . I have not posted in any of your Alpha C threads or CLS threads here or on any other forum. I guess what I am saying is that I am not on a bash AMS fling, truly not my intention with any of my posts.

Last edited by jrcart; 06-11-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
I don't see how I am missing your point. You are saying we are not making the power we are claiming however outside of the dyno we have never run the car at that level. So your points about our trap speeds not matching are not relevant. If you agree to that we don't even have an argument do we?

Once we get our car completed we would be happy to run another car. We will keep you and everyone posted on the status of our package and future ALPHA packages.

We will not be going to the Michigan Mile fyi.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 06-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I don't see how I am missing your point. You are saying we are not making the power we are claiming but outside of the dyno we have never run the car at that level so I your points about our trap speeds not matching are not relevant. If you agree to that we don't even have an argument do we?

Once we get our car completed we would be happy to run another car. We will keep you and everyone posted on the status of our package and future ALPHA packages.

We will not be going to the Michigan Mile fyi.

Eric
Fair enough.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'11 911 Turbo S, '15 HELLCAT, '07 Escalade, '15 Sienna
jrcart lets look at some common sense here, AMS performance is an ELITE shop, thats been in business a long long time. Ive had my 600 whp evo 8 built by them, ive had my GTR modded by them, ive had my flipping cadillac escalade modded and tuned by them, and now my e63 tuned by them. I am just a customer, i have no incentive to praise them or vouch for them.

My MB dealer offered to provide me with a RENNTECH canned tune and that it wouldnt affect my warranty, i STILL WENT WITH AMS why? because i trust them, and thats hard to gain a persons trust in the fickle world of aftermarket car shops.

That being said, with there reputation in the EVO world, and the GT-R world, and as a de novo engineering house, and fabricator, they have BUILT and EARNED a reputation. It serves them absolutely NO purpose to mislead anyone or to twist the truth, THEY DONT NEED TO, the following they have, the credibility, reputation, and above all the quality of work that they do, speak for itself, why would any shop with a rep like that lie over some bull**** dyno numbers?

clearly they have provided adequate explanation as to why there shop car did or didnt do.

I dont see you calling them out for any other reason then for notoriety. Not trying to insult, just my opinion, which may be wrong. I dont think they are lying or trying to cook numbers or facts.

my lowly 2 cents
Old 06-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
AMS I think are doing well right now "with there car", but I totally agree with jrcart the problem is that AMS are claiming Alpha 8 AMG to be doing 787WHP on turbo upgrades and a tune, without even changing the true down pipe or turbo pipe, I just can't imagine where the heat is going? Plus they don't have upgraded cooling that too puts a question on where this power is coming from! This is not magic AMS are claiming more HP then proper upgrade kits that are available for this engine they haven't even shown there torque curve in there claimed dyno pull, if they had issues with limb mood in some of there runs and they claim they are running lower HP that can make sense but at least as professional as they are in the world of tuning they could stick a dyno sheet rather than put a WHP guess! AMS the only way you can get that much power and cooling with turbo upgrades is by using race gas or nitrous or methanol can you please tell us if you had any in your mix of goodies? One more thing when will Alpha 10 be ready? Is it part of advertisement campaign to claim something you don't have in hand? Actually when will alpha 8 be ready to be sold to public? If you have a product on the shelf for us to buy other than a simple tune then I would never question any of this I will drop them all!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
wow you guys are brutal but I wish you would spend a little more time reading our posts before attacking us like this. We stated very clearly in the 787whp thread that we were using race gas....nothing to hide you must of just missed it / skipped over it.

Regarding what we "need" to make that power. We wont subscribe to what others have done to develop our products. We never have and we never will. We will approach this car like every single car we have built packages for....scientifically. As we test and record more data the car will tell us the next weak point and what it wants us to improve. From there our engineers will create a sollution. We won't make a part because company "xyz" makes one and they say it's necessary. We will make one if we test and SHOW that it's necessary. We like to keep things simple and when at all possible let as many OEM components be retained. The last thing we want is to have a customer buy something that they don't need. I see it all too often with cars that come into our shop. With that being said we have been very clear our ALPHA 9 package is still in it's early stages.

It feels like you guys have been burned by people before and you are expecting that we are much of the same. All I can say is look at our track record and our long list of happy customers. We are not like those shops and we will continue to show you that.

Regarding the ALPHA 10 posting, that was an error on our part. It was merely a place holder and was meant to read coming soon. Our fault and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 06-11-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
I really dont get what the confusion is here as AMS has explained themselves 1xx time already....
AMS great job and welcome to the AMG platform. I saw what you guys did with gtr platform and am very pleased to see you tackle AMG. Good luck and hope we do business in future.

Guys arent you all happy that there are more choices in not just tuning but beyond that? I am...
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
wow you guys are brutal but I wish you would spend a little more time reading our posts before attacking us like this. We stated very clearly in the 787whp thread that we were using race gas....nothing to hide you must of just missed it / skipped over it.

Regarding what we "need" to make that power. We wont subscribe to what others have done to develop our products. We never have and we never will. We will approach this car like every single car we have built packages for....scientifically. As we test and record more data the car will tell us the next weak point and what it wants us to improve. From there our engineers will create a sollution. We won't make a part because company "xyz" makes one and they say it's necessary. We will make one if we test and SHOW that it's necessary. We like to keep things simple and when at all possible let as many OEM components be retained. The last thing we want is to have a customer buy something that they don't need. I see it all too often with cars that come into our shop. With that being said we have been very clear our ALPHA 9 package is still in it's early stages.

It feels like you guys have been burned by people before and you are expecting that we are much of the same. All I can say is look at our track record and our long list of happy customers. We are not like those shops and we will continue to show you that.

Regarding the ALPHA 10 posting, that was an error on our part. It was merely a place holder and was meant to read coming soon. Our fault and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Eric

thank you for clearing it up I probably skipped it on your other threads about the race fuel, please can you put some pump fuel figures just so we know how your HP gains are advancing with the product that you develop for the M157 platform not all of us use race fuel, I know how well reputed your establishment is and I respect what you guys are doing and can't wait to see what you will end up with, I am sure you have a long list of satisfied customers and I hope that list grows but today you don't have a single customer with upgraded turbos on an M157 engine so really there is no info to look at other than your prototype

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...os-787whp.html

In your thread it says 100 octane is that race fuel?

Last edited by dbasons55; 06-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
lets just gather all the rednecks from PINKS and race
Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by dbasons55
thank you for clearing it up I probably skipped it on your other threads about the race fuel, please can you put some pump fuel figures just so we know how your HP gains are advancing with the product that you develop for the M157 platform not all of us use race fuel, I know how well reputed your establishment is and I respect what you guys are doing and can't wait to see what you will end up with, I am sure you have a long list of satisfied customers and I hope that list grows but today you don't have a single customer with upgraded turbos on an M157 engine so really there is no info to look at other than your prototype

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...os-787whp.html

In your thread it says 100 octane is that race fuel?
We will have full numbers on both pump and race fuel when we get the package locked down.

Yes, really anything over 93/94 octane in the US is considered Race fuel.

Eric
Old 06-12-2013, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r
I really dont get what the confusion is here as AMS has explained themselves 1xx time already....
AMS great job and welcome to the AMG platform. I saw what you guys did with gtr platform and am very pleased to see you tackle AMG. Good luck and hope we do business in future.

Guys arent you all happy that there are more choices in not just tuning but beyond that? I am...
+1

I still have my 05 E55 wagon. When I get into these newer awd amgs, I will be contacting AMS.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by jrcart
My car was trapping 163-164 both rolling and standing 1/2 mile at the wannagofast event in chicago about a week ago. I was trapping at 167 in the half a month earlier out at Shift Sector in California.
Impressive numbers!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 AM

AMG
Just take this problem on the street, when? where? and what car?
Do 3-6 runs... and we know the answer, as simple as that.

~respect to AMS & jrcart
Old 06-13-2013, 06:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
I see what's going on here...JRcart is trying to use reverse psychology to goad AMS to further greatness so he can buy a 1000hp E biturbo when they are ready. Just not sure how he is going to transition from a "hater" to a "lover".

That or he is still pissed by getting his butt handed to him by an AMS Alpha GTR...

AMS- I think you have been very forthright about the development work you are doing and I think you are excited to share your progress so far. Unlike many tuners, you have not offered your product for sale yet as it is not fully baked by your own admission. I look forward to the finished product and am still trying to figure out what you are going to do about snapping axles with the AWD!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Just sayin....

Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Zax63
I see what's going on here...JRcart is trying to use reverse psychology to goad AMS to further greatness so he can buy a 1000hp E biturbo when they are ready. Just not sure how he is going to transition from a "hater" to a "lover".

That or he is still pissed by getting his butt handed to him by an AMS Alpha GTR...

AMS- I think you have been very forthright about the development work you are doing and I think you are excited to share your progress so far. Unlike many tuners, you have not offered your product for sale yet as it is not fully baked by your own admission. I look forward to the finished product and am still trying to figure out what you are going to do about snapping axles with the AWD!
Thank you!

Regarding the axles. We were actually the first to have Driveshaft Shop make a set of upgraded axles for the W212 E63. It took them about 6 weeks to get us the first prototype but we have had them on the car for over 6 months and they work GREAT. While I don't have our cart for MB up and running we do offer them for sale at $1599.95 for the set.

Driveshaft shop has been pivotal to the development of our programs here. We have been working with them for over a decade now. They currently make the axles on our 2000hp GT-R seen above. When the AWD M157 models start showing up we will be on the phone with them right away having them make stronger units (if need be) for that platform as well.

Eric
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Banned

AMS-
Nice video.
Thanks for posting.

I contacted the shop about doing an Alpha 9 GTR drivetrain in a G37 sedan for a sleeper daily driver.
You guys told me to buy a 2014 E63 4matic instead.
I plan on taking your advice.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by TT C6
AMS-
Nice video.
Thanks for posting.

I contacted the shop about doing an Alpha 9 GTR drivetrain in a G37 sedan for a sleeper daily driver.
You guys told me to buy a 2014 E63 4matic instead.
I plan on taking your advice.
GTR swap in a G37??

2014 E63??

You should thank them for that advise.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Max.H
GTR swap in a G37??

2014 E63??

You should thank them for that advise.
I want a lightweight, low-profile sleeper with max performance for a daily driver.
A 2014 E63 is NOT low-profile or a sleeper.
I'm hoping the 2015 C63 gets the m157, 4matic, and dct or a MCT.
If not, I will deal with the higher profile and curb weight of the E63 in exchange for the performance of the m157.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by vdubpower
what was the vette mods
Originally Posted by jrcart
It was bone stock, I know the owner he lives in same city as me in the subdivision next to mine, his name is Drew.
You know that guy? That's strange because he's a customer of ours, we built him a GTR. That ZR1 has a pulley and a tune on it.

-Martin
Best part of this thread, trying to talk **** and gets owned lol. Open mouth and insert foot.

Jrcart has some bad *** rides, but I foresee him getting over his pride and anteing up for an Alpha package down the road (whatever comes next after Alpha 9) for a M157 powered sled.

It is funny watching the "big boys" go at it, it is no different than being on a Honda Civic forum or something, just exponentially more expensive parts. I am sorry but Weistec will not compete with AMS when they go full tilt with this project. I certainly see an 8 second E63 in the future when that awd version hits the shop for a top tier Alpha setup.

Last edited by urbamworm; 06-15-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
We recently had the pleasure of attending the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event in Chicago. The turnout was great and we use the opportunity to do some more fine tuning and testing of our ALPHA 9 turbochargers. While the full package has not been completed we still wanted to test the turbos themselves. As you will see they are doing quite well considering outside of the tune they are the only modifications to this car

The video below is one of an earlier run where we were running less then full boost and certainly not the 787whp level we dynoed. We attempted to run that full power level but the ECU was limiting us. Late in the day Sunday our tuners found the ECU limitation and have since fixed the problem.

For more info please visit www.alphaperformance.com

Enjoy the clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzz-...ature=youtu.be
Oh yeah. Got the same tune and it's a rocket.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
AMS is historic with high hp in different makes of cars World Wide. Specifically Nissan,Mitsu and MB. We have all seen their videos they build BEASTS ! They have nothing more to prove!!!! Why even debate!!! Fastest GTRs, fastest EVOs,they will do wonders for the AMGs!
Weistec is doing well but AMS is a whole other LeveL