Sponsored by:

"Wise"tec attitude - warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Come on man, it IS plain and simple. There are a whole lot of successful businesses out there that people are all happy with. To think that only one person can know about the product they sell and answer questions is a little crazy don't you think?

That is how all businesses run, you don't have the engineer from Mercedes answering the phone to tell you how much hp the E63 makes or if the crank is cast or forged. There are other people who do that, just like Weistec should have.

Now the comments about email going to his "sales team" first, it sounds like there should already be this group in place. A part of me wants to think that it's just talk and there is no sales team and that was just an excuse pawning it off on a fictitious group of why he didn't answer back until 5 days later.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So why do people defend companies so much? They make money from us. They need to treat us nicely. I like Weistec's products. But the OP is right... they have A LOT to learn about customer service. Dropping the dough we are on our cars, we expect the best service.

I have had this experience with Steve, where he takes awhile to get back - and a few times, I have been slightly upset. However, I know he's a busy man and he's doing the best he can given the limited resources - and he always has apologized to me.

But I support the OP in that he should air out his grievances on this forum. I have no loyalty to any company - just the one that does the best job and treats me right.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:38 PM

E63 amg
Brave well said. This is the only country where I see a lot of sellers thinking they are always right over the customer. No wonder we have one of the worst customer service in the world

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
So why do people defend companies so much? They make money from us. They need to treat us nicely. I like Weistec's products. But the OP is right... they have A LOT to learn about customer service. Dropping the dough we are on our cars, we expect the best service.

I have had this experience with Steve, where he takes awhile to get back - and a few times, I have been slightly upset. However, I know he's a busy man and he's doing the best he can given the limited resources - and he always has apologized to me.

But I support the OP in that he should air out his grievances on this forum. I have no loyalty to any company - just the one that does the best job and treats me right.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Maybe stay Oem and not worry about it? I don't understand modding cars these days when an AMG is so fast out of the box. Considering there is no value to modding on resale + warranty issues I just don't get it.

If you are bored just trade up to a different car. You'll get the service you are after then.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by RBYCC
True but without customers a business fails to exist.
The customer with the smallest purchase is as important as a customer with the largest purchase.
"Customer is King" is the rule of a successful business...
+1

Hmm...it has been a while since a thread on this forum has gotten so much posts in a short period of time.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by Ckim111
That is the type of response I expected, and everything was fine as we started talking about how his tune, mbh setup and air filter would yield on average 95 hp gains from stock. My car on the dyno only showed 58 hp gains. I'm no mathematician but it seems like his setup magically somehow puts out about 40 extra hp gains. When I asked him how, he said that is normal and most other tuners produce similar results. Again I remained skeptical but I did not press the issue.

this is totally normal given that buckhead imports uses dyno dynamics dyno which reads about 11-15% lower than dynojet which wiestec uses for thier numbers..

also i think the 95 HP number you are using from wiestec is not WHP but CHP so your dyno numbers are not comparible to the weistec number...

from what i have seen, e63s with headers mid-pipe and tune put down about 50-60 whp increase so your numbers are inline and actually even better given you are doing it on a lower reading dyno

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...yno-chart.html
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 PM

E63 amg
After I read your reply on the other thread I'm actually surprised you chimed in with a constructive feedback. So thank you for that, and no I was not mad that he didn't call me back. As you can see again this post has nothing to do with him not calling me

But to answer your question, his numbers according to him were whp and NOT chp. That's why my ears perked up. Yes he uses dynojet but still doesn't explain how he is able to get 95hp gains at the wheel. When he told me other tuners do that as well I did not tend to believe him. I even asked how from his tune alone he is able to get at least 10more hp than any other tuner, something no other tuner has been able to do, and he made it sound like he knew something no one else did. But I digress. Wasn't the point of my post

Originally Posted by gaspam
this is totally normal given that buckhead imports uses dyno dynamics dyno which reads about 11-15% lower than dynojet which wiestec uses for thier numbers..

also i think the 95 HP number you are using from wiestec is not WHP but CHP so your dyno numbers are not comparible to the weistec number...

from what i have seen, e63s with headers mid-pipe and tune put down about 50-60 whp increase so your numbers are inline and actually even better given you are doing it on a lower reading dyno

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...yno-chart.html
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM

E63 amg
Actually gaspam I take back my thanks to you. Seeing your post time stamp, you post something constructive here, and you go to the other wistec thread and make comments about Obama and ****. Seriously how old are you?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually gaspam I take back my thanks to you. Seeing your post time stamp, you post something constructive here, and you go to the other wistec thread and make comments about Obama and ****. Seriously how old are you?
its an analogy... which you dont get
Old 08-10-2013, 09:38 PM

E63 amg
Actually I do get it. But this is what you wrote "lol your mad because the president of a company didnt call you back right away about an AIR FILTER??.... well you know what,,,,, I called the president of our corporation called USA and can you believe it, but obama hasnt called my back yet!!! so i guess america sucks because the president didnt call me back..

steve jobs never called me back either about my iphone charger so apple sucks

of and dont even get me started on jenna jameson and her vivid productions **** company!! I have called her soooo many times and no response!! that's it, i am not watching her movies ever again! "

So you like a few others were insinuating things I never said or inferred. I never said I was mad because a president never called me back about an air filter. Point out where I said it? You tried to be funny, failed, and now I'm to blame for not getting an analogy that has no basis since what you said about me simply isn't true. If you want to make a light humored analogy then at least base it in what I actually said and not what you THINK I said.

its an analogy... which you dont get
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually I do get it. But this is what you wrote "lol your mad because the president of a company didnt call you back right away about an AIR FILTER??.... well you know what,,,,, I called the president of our corporation called USA and can you believe it, but obama hasnt called my back yet!!! so i guess america sucks because the president didnt call me back..

steve jobs never called me back either about my iphone charger so apple sucks

of and dont even get me started on jenna jameson and her vivid productions **** company!! I have called her soooo many times and no response!! in fact that said its a problem with me and not them... that's it, i am not watching her movies ever again! "

So you like a few others were insinuating things I never said or inferred. I never said I was mad because a president never called me back about an air filter. Point out where I said it? You tried to be funny, failed, and now I'm to blame for not getting an analogy that has no basis since what you said about me simply isn't true. If you want to make a light humored analogy then at least base it in what I actually said and not what you THINK I said.
lol ok ok, so your mad because you told a president of a company how to do his job by saying he should fire some people after asking him 15 minutes about an air filter....

sooooo my analogy still holds true... lets just rephrase it for your benefit in understanding ....

I called the president of our corporation called USA to tell him he should fire all the IRS fools and can you believe it, but obama didnt like me telling him how to do his job and still didnt fire the IRS!!! so i guess america sucks because the president didnt call me back..

steve jobs didnt give a crap when i told him my iphone is crap charger... so apple sucks

of and dont even get me started on jenna jameson and her vivid productions **** company!! I have told her soooo many times that their videos dont make me orgasm fast enough and they didnt do anything about it!! that's it, i am not watching her movies ever again!

so new analogy complete for you.... companies arent always gonna kiss your @ss after you tell them how to run their business

funny thing is, if you go to basically any mechanic and tell them how how to run their shop they are gonna tell you to go find another shop...

hell, the fact that you can even reach the president of a company and he takes the time to stay on the phone for 15 minutes about an AIR FILTER is pretty good customer service in my book! i am pretty sure i cannot get a hold of the president of KN filters let alone keep him on the phone for 15 minutes about his filters lol

Last edited by gaspam; 08-10-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 PM

E63 amg
Ok you keep typing "your" when you should be typing "you're". Your lack of basic grammar, and continuous references to **** leads me to believe you are young, or uneducated or both. In either case, I refuse to spend any more time on you and your level of immaturity. So move along because I'm done talking to kids.

lol ok ok, so your mad because you told a president of a company how to do his job by saying he should fire some people after asking him 15 minutes about an air filter....

sooooo my analogy still holds true... lets just rephrase it for your benefit in understanding ....

I called the president of our corporation called USA to tell him he should fire all the IRS fools and can you believe it, but obama didnt like me telling him how to do his job and still didnt fire the IRS!!! so i guess america sucks because the president didnt call me back..

steve jobs didnt give a crap when i told him my iphone is crap charger... so apple sucks

of and dont even get me started on jenna jameson and her vivid productions **** company!! I have told her soooo many times that their videos dont make me orgasm fast enough and they didnt do anything about it!! that's it, i am not watching her movies ever again!

so new analogy complete for you.... companies arent always gonna kiss your @ss after you tell them how to run their business

funny thing is, if you go to basically any mechanic and tell them how how to run their shop they are gonna tell you to go find another shop...

hell, the fact that you can even reach the president of a company and he takes the time to stay on the phone for 15 minutes about an AIR FILTER is pretty good customer service in my book! i am pretty sure i cannot get a hold of the president of KN filters let alone keep him on the phone for 15 minutes about his filters lol
Old 08-10-2013, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok you keep typing "your" when you should be typing "you're". Your lack of basic grammar, and continuous references to **** leads me to believe you are young, or uneducated or both. In either case, I refuse to spend any more time on you and your level of immaturity. So move along because I'm done talking to kids.
thanks for the grammer lesson grammer forum **** lol... i just dont feel like hitting "shift- ' space re" to show possession when any basic retard can read "your" and figure it out in the context of the sentance what i mean.... sorry this eludes you...

and i am sure i understand english, spanish, portuguese, and russian better than you so dont flatter yourself...... oh wait... that "dont" i just wrote means "don't" ... just wanted to make sure you understood because without the punctuation you might of been lost

back to your airfilters rant...
Old 08-10-2013, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Kleemann is one of the best and well known tuners of these cars. I can't imagine the number of emails, calls etc. those guys get on a daily basis. And not once have I heard a complaint about Cory or any of the guys at Kleemann not taking the time for customers (even for the most insignificant and trivial of questions/concerns).

Just some food for thought ...

Having said that. OP- sometimes people are very busy in this industry. The company in question is building some of the fastest cars of these make. You have to realize that sometimes, things take time and they can't just attend to one customer as they have hundreds, likely thousands on emails, calls and so on.

Just take a breather and chill out.

Last edited by ArmoE55; 08-10-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:35 PM

E63 amg
LOL. Sorry I really wasn't going to respond but you just proved how dumb you were by trying to make an excuse of laziness, when you clearly fail basic grammar. Case in point:

"just wanted to make sure you understood because without the punctuation you might of been lost"

Lol now go google why that is another moronic grammatical error, or go ask your mom after you watch Jenna. Isn't it past your bed time kiddo? Ok seriously I am done with you now kid. Point proven twice on you being an immature, not so bright, kid

thanks for the grammer lesson grammer forum **** lol... i just dont feel like hitting "shift- ' space re" to show possession when any basic retard can read "your" and figure it out in the context of the sentance what i mean.... sorry this eludes you...

and i am sure i understand english, spanish, portuguese, and russian better than you so dont flatter yourself...... oh wait... that "dont" i just wrote means "don't" ... just wanted to make sure you understood because without the punctuation you might of been lost

back to your airfilters rant...
Old 08-10-2013, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL. Sorry I really wasn't going to respond but you just proved how dumb you were by trying to make an excuse of laziness, when you clearly fail basic grammar. Case in point:

"just wanted to make sure you understood because without the punctuation you might of been lost"

Lol now go google why that is another moronic grammatical error, or go ask your mom after you watch Jenna. Isn't it past your bed time kiddo? Ok seriously I am done with you now kid. Point proven twice on you being an immature, not so bright, kid
omg thanks again for the internet forum grammer correction cuz i am sure everyone cares that you teach grammer at the local junior high

and you have no idea who i am and thats how ridiculamous (and yes, i spelled that way on purpose ) you are in prejudging my age and status via my not putting a " ' " to show possession in a word lol...

btw (<-- stands for "by the way" i was too lazy to type it all out lol) you spelled weistec wrong in your (not you're) thread title as you wrote "Wise"tec ... and that is wrong... i am reporting you to the grammer police!!! even if you were trying to be sarcastic, its still incorrect spelling and that is just unacceptable sir!!! :P

and if you would like to compare college degrees we can you might not feel as superior then though so caveat emptor

but then again, someone that really thought they were gonna get some serious power gains out of AIR FILTERS isnt that bright to begin with so i doubt your alma mater will impress

Last edited by gaspam; 08-11-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
wow this thread just turned in to a high school drama.
listen guys, please take it easy.

OP, i completely understand your point of view. at the same time i completely understand the view of the shop owner.

From your point of view, you are a customer and as customers we all think that anyone and everyone needs to be at the top of their game for us and come through in the moments notice with a smile on their face. After all its their business and they should do everything possible to please customers. Because its 150 today and potentially 20K tomorrow. We always think we are the only person the shop should be talking to because from our point of view no one else exists at that moment in time.
So we as customers always have our point of view and project ourselves on to the business saying how could they do this and do that because i would have done it completely different.
But we are not in their shoes, even if we are business owners our selves and take care of our customers in a certain way we can not assume that other places are able to do the same since we are not in their shoes.
From personal experience i have gone to places for items i can get somewhere else cheaper, just because i like who i'm dealing with for multiple reasons.

Yet from the point of view of the shop... not everyone can constantly answer the phone with the smile on their face. Shop can become too busy and not able to handle all customer inquiries on time. Busy day, things going wrong at the shop, customer calling overwhelmingly and believe it or not, not all of them are always right, no matter what american consumer society makes us believe.
Kleemann has allot of money to be able to answer customers. Cory isn't installing and developing products, his sole responsibility is customer service.

It is unfortunate that you had this experience, but i'm sure if you ask Weistech you'll hear a story from their point of view that may be different. Everyones perception of the events is different.

Lets all just stop calling each other names and let this thread go.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 CLS63 AMG, 2012 Bentley Cont. GT, 2013 Cayenne Turbo
Sorry to hear that man, I'm guessing this is the reason why you opted for Kleeman SC for your latest car the C63BS?

Last edited by Rock; 08-12-2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Maverick quote removed
Old 08-11-2013, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Sorry to hear that man. I need to find Kleeman's contact number. Do you know who to call?
Cory.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:20 PM

2006 E55, 2015 ML350
No matter what business you are in, 5 days to return an email is unacceptable. IMO.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Cory.
Cory? Is he the US distributor?
Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Received 522 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Yes, Cory and Brandon are the guys to deal with at Keemann USA

Phone: 1-719-473-6441
Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Cory? Is he the US distributor?
Yes. Like Rock said, they're the Kleemann USA guys; located in CO.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:02 AM

AMG
Hey guys, this is not about the money! Its bout the cust service.
OP is just asking simple question that I think, its not offending anyone.
I'm no expert, but I do believe business start from good cust service.

I have their tune also, and called for parts pricing, etc and yet until today (3-4 months) never got a single call back from Operator, while he always said, he gonna call me back. I called them maybe 4-8 times.

Last edited by kohjul; 08-12-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 AM

E63 amg
Yes exactly it is not about the money. In my case it wasn't even about him not returning my emails. It was about what he said and how he said it to me on the call.

Originally Posted by kohjul
Hey guys, this is not about the money! Its bout the cust service.
OP is just asking simple question that I think, its not offending anyone.
I'm no expert, but I do believe business start from good cust service.

I have their tune also, and called for parts pricing, etc and yet until today (3-4 months) never got a single call back from Operator, while he always said, he gonna call me back. I called them maybe 4-8 times.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Wise"tec attitude - warning