Sponsored by:

2014 E63 Production Delay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E63
Originally Posted by Mikeumana
Same response here. Delivery was originally late August now late September. Great taste in color and night styling. Mine is same

Good luck. Will check back when I get updates
Well it's now September...just a few weeks away! Please post some pics of your rocket ship when you get it. Even more so, since we share the same build and look.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:59 PM

Mercedes Benz E63
Originally Posted by Patric
I'm not far from ordering a new E63 S Wagon but its sounding like it will be early next year for delivery the way things are going. I don't suppose they ever catch up on their estimated delivery dates but just keep pushing them back?
Probably will be on the later side... But I have seen in other threads people have moved up in the slots. Can always hope right? Good luck...in the end it's worth it.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:56 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 GT BS, 2019 G63 ED1, 2016 GTS
I ordered mine about a month after the Vegas Dealer's convention (guessing April...). It was #1 on the build deck and it was very slow in getting both the final build date and then the shipment date. Once it shipped the ship dumped it off in Georgia July 16 and then held it there until August 12th. MBZ did this throughout the States; not one of them delivered to a dealer before mine so far as I can tell. I am guessing this was done to try to clear out some of the 2013 inventory... I flew into pick it up August 14th then drove it back to Houston. Yours might be more complicated because everything needs to be shipped to you via U.S. flag ships (Matson I am guessing) once it hits U.S. shores vs coming straight in from England or wherever to the mainland.

It will be well worth the wait, trust me. I just killed a Tesla and a Vette Z06 this afternoon trying out the S+ tranny setting (the car has 1400 miles on it and I've been reluctant to play with it too much until they turn the oil on it at 1800 miles).

How did you option it if I might ask?
Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM

2014 E63S
Originally Posted by fuel007one
I ordered mine about a month after the Vegas Dealer's convention (guessing April...). It was #1 on the build deck and it was very slow in getting both the final build date and then the shipment date. Once it shipped the ship dumped it off in Georgia July 16 and then held it there until August 12th. MBZ did this throughout the States; not one of them delivered to a dealer before mine so far as I can tell. I am guessing this was done to try to clear out some of the 2013 inventory... I flew into pick it up August 14th then drove it back to Houston. Yours might be more complicated because everything needs to be shipped to you via U.S. flag ships (Matson I am guessing) once it hits U.S. shores vs coming straight in from England or wherever to the mainland.

It will be well worth the wait, trust me. I just killed a Tesla and a Vette Z06 this afternoon trying out the S+ tranny setting (the car has 1400 miles on it and I've been reluctant to play with it too much until they turn the oil on it at 1800 miles).

Pictures!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:08 AM

Mercedes Benz E63

You're right most likely Matson will bring the car from Los Angeles to Oahu. Couple other shippers too...but whichever...I'll be happiest when it gets here...lol...

It's great to hear that every owner who's received their car, loves it!

As for mine...

It's a regular E63 (non S) - Silver Iridium, Black Nappa Leather, Night Styling, Chrome Door Handle Inserts, Comfort Box, Performance Steering Wheel, Black Ash Wood Trim, 19" Twin 5-Spoke Wheels, Lane Tracking, Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Parking Assist, Surround View Camera.

Oh yes...like the previous post... Pictures please of your rocket ship!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2024 E450 Alpine Grey
Will do. Mine is third in line at the dealer. They said they have one of the first two ordered at the port now. I hope to see it before its picked up
Old 09-02-2013, 09:08 AM

2024 E450 Alpine Grey
I ordered the S, iridium silver, black napa leather, night styling, extra rear airbags, pano roof, black ash trim, 19 in 10 spoke black wheels, park assist pkg surround, driver assistance pkg. I wanted heated rear seats but was told they could not get it on the order

Can't wait. Just hope it comes in time to enjoy it before the snow starts

Please add pictures and describe the exhaust note?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:10 AM

2024 E450 Alpine Grey
Very cool. What options, color, etc
Old 09-02-2013, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by rhukster
Pictures!!!

Thought I put some photo's in an album somewhere but just threw them into the garage. I guess they are there (?)
Old 09-02-2013, 06:22 PM

Mercedes Benz E63
Thought I put some photo's in an album somewhere but just threw them into the garage. I guess they are there (?)
I had posted saying I couldn't find them... But after clicking on to your avatar, found 'um! Lol... Awesome looking car!

Last edited by 808E63; 09-02-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by 808E63
I had posted saying I couldn't find them... But after clicking on to your avatar, found 'um! Lol... Awesome looking car!
You will love it. Best car I think I will ever own because they got the design very right on this one; particularly the AWD. The car drives heavier at lower speeds then handles with perfection at higher speeds. It gets right out of the hole quick and seems to lower itself off a fast dead start but you will notice an even bigger difference running it in S+ mode. Very crisp and shifts just under the redline. That mode is what spun the head of the Vette Z06 dude yesterday. As his car spins on the rear this thing just shoots out slipping zero and very quickly hits the powerband as the turbo wakes up. Unreal....
Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Let us know if you can find a 458, R8 or a GTR willing to give it a go. A Z06 is impressive. I'm dying to know how deep the well goes with this car.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 AM

Mercedes Benz E63
You will love it. Best car I think I will ever own because they got the design very right on this one; particularly the AWD. The car drives heavier at lower speeds then handles with perfection at higher speeds. It gets right out of the hole quick and seems to lower itself off a fast dead start but you will notice an even bigger difference running it in S+ mode. Very crisp and shifts just under the redline. That mode is what spun the head of the Vette Z06 dude yesterday. As his car spins on the rear this thing just shoots out slipping zero and very quickly hits the powerband as the turbo wakes up. Unreal....
Can't wait...thanks for the report! I showed my wife these posts...she just got her Tesla Model S.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:23 PM

2014 E63S
I just got an update from the dealer saying that production date is now set for 9/18 and delivery 10/15. So the end is in sight for me now too!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:55 PM

Mercedes Benz E63
Originally Posted by rhukster
I just got an update from the dealer saying that production date is now set for 9/18 and delivery 10/15. So the end is in sight for me now too!
Grats! Kind of like waiting for Christmas now, huh?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by 808E63
Can't wait...thanks for the report! I showed my wife these posts...she just got her Tesla Model S.
That Tesla is a gorgeous car and hope she likes it. I played with a black one Saturday....real tall dude driving it with the window down (it is 105F here). Gets to a red light, looks over and grins at me, and it was over in the blink of an eye. It's a pretty quick car but I think either the guy didn't know how to drive it (happens a LOT with Lambo freaks) or it was just truly a 5 second car.

Easy on the eyes though and obviously a very nice "green" car which is nice (I shut my ECO button off every time I start mine out of habit).

All these people (especially Audi and Porsche folk...) for some reason think they are running up against a 4300 pound normal E and have no clue which makes it even more enjoyable. I should put a baby seat with a fake baby in the passenger seat for extra enjoyment.....
Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 PM

Mercedes Benz E63
That Tesla is a gorgeous car and hope she likes it. I played with a black one Saturday....real tall dude driving it with the window down (it is 105F here). Gets to a red light, looks over and grins at me, and it was over in the blink of an eye. It's a pretty quick car but I think either the guy didn't know how to drive it (happens a LOT with Lambo freaks) or it was just truly a 5 second car.

Easy on the eyes though and obviously a very nice "green" car which is nice (I shut my ECO button off every time I start mine out of habit).

All these people (especially Audi and Porsche folk...) for some reason think they are running up against a 4300 pound normal E and have no clue which makes it even more enjoyable. I should put a baby seat with a fake baby in the passenger seat for extra enjoyment.....
The Tesla is for sure easy on the eyes, loaded with tech, and performs nicely. I'm gonna guess that guy couldn't drive his well or was tentative on flooring it. I've "tested" the wife's MS and it is fast...lol...

Get this... She has the regular edition but when she had a modification done, they gave her the P or Performance edition as a loaner. Whoa! This made her "quick" model S feel like five notches lower. The P85 is an electric rocket.

Try googling Tesla Model S versus M5, Audi, etc. Pretty entertaining stuff when the Tesla beats them!

Great point on the E63 "sneaking" up on Audi and Porsche folks... Us E63 fanatics of course know it's night and day different from a regular E class. I can't wait to finally have mine...be at a stoplight...get that glance...and tap the gas for that low growl that says, "I wouldn't try it if I were you."