Sponsored by:

40 pics of my E63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:44 AM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLS63
Originally Posted by catpat8000
What do you think of your dynamic seat massage?

Also, I noticed your car is de-badged. Did you order it that way? Or de-badge it yourself? I was thinking of doing the same thing but I'm a little worried about messing up the paint.
Hair dryer, dental floss and some goo gone. Easy peasy. He did it himself

X
Old 11-27-2013, 12:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
What do you think of your dynamic seat massage?

Also, I noticed your car is de-badged. Did you order it that way? Or de-badge it yourself? I was thinking of doing the same thing but I'm a little worried about messing up the paint.
I don't like the dynamic seat side bolsters thing. I find them distracting. That was shut off on the first day and hasn't made its way back.

I also don't like that my side bolsters do not stay at the maximum level with the seat memory... I have to hold down the seat memory button to get them to pinch in to the level I like them at.

I had the dealer de-badge the car before I took delivery... not sure how they did it.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'10 F150 FX4 SCrew. '14 S212S
Originally Posted by Chocofishez
I had the dealer de-badge the car before I took delivery... not sure how they did it.
Probably dental floss and goo-gone. Heat gun helps too. I used a blow dryer.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E500 sport (sold), 2009 GL450, w213 E63 (waiting for ordering guide)
Thank you for taking your time to post all of that with such detail and honest opinion, It is all very helpful. I have one question as I am trying to learn more about this car before I actually buy it because I keep my cars for a long time, as I did with my w211. I heard another owner who has 2500miles on the dash, complain about some stuttering upon acceleration. How has the power delivery been for you? Do you have any complaints on the performance or how it is delivered on dry roads? Is power delivery smooth upon acceleration and through RPMs?
-Thanks again for the beautiful pictures and great detail in this thread. Cheers
Old 11-30-2013, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by JasinP
Thank you for taking your time to post all of that with such detail and honest opinion, It is all very helpful. I have one question as I am trying to learn more about this car before I actually buy it because I keep my cars for a long time, as I did with my w211. I heard another owner who has 2500miles on the dash, complain about some stuttering upon acceleration. How has the power delivery been for you? Do you have any complaints on the performance or how it is delivered on dry roads? Is power delivery smooth upon acceleration and through RPMs?
-Thanks again for the beautiful pictures and great detail in this thread. Cheers
I haven't had my car that long - it's only got about 1000 miles on it. In that time, I've found the power delivery to be absolutely fine. When you leave it in C, it's very smooth. If you want to wake it up, S or S+ does so. And when you want to go hard, the car accelerates brutally hard. It's very, very fast.

The seats are excellent, very adjustable and though others disagree, the dynamic bolsters are excellent. The interior looks very nice and the pieces are all obviously of high quality (except for the screen but I'll get to that). The brushed aluminum everywhere is very elegant.

The down sides? There are a couple. Others may not agree with me but I think the COMMAND control center is terrible. It's very poorly designed from a UI point of view, it's confusing to use and, with the tiny screen and blocky graphics, it feels like it is 10 years old and was designed by someone doing their very first programming project. I think Mercedes ought to be embarrassed by putting this in a $100K car in 2014. The systems offered by Audi and BMW in their 2014 S8 and M5 are vastly better and they have much larger screens. The E63 center screen almost looks like it's from a large phone. I exaggerate, but not by much.

The standard Harmon Kardon sound system is mediocre at best. It never really sounds good, clear is about as high a compliment as I would pay. Sometimes it sounds quite harsh and I find myself turning down the volume just because it's not that pleasant to listen to. If you ever listen to music and find yourself hoping for volume without harshness, you'll be disappointed with this system.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:51 AM

I haven't had my car that long - it's only got about 1000 miles on it. In that time, I've found the power delivery to be absolutely fine. When you leave it in C, it's very smooth. If you want to wake it up, S or S+ does so. And when you want to go hard, the car accelerates brutally hard. It's very, very fast.

The seats are excellent, very adjustable and though others disagree, the dynamic bolsters are excellent. The interior looks very nice and the pieces are all obviously of high quality (except for the screen but I'll get to that). The brushed aluminum everywhere is very elegant.

The down sides? There are a couple. Others may not agree with me but I think the COMMAND control center is terrible. It's very poorly designed from a UI point of view, it's confusing to use and, with the tiny screen and blocky graphics, it feels like it is 10 years old and was designed by someone doing their very first programming project. I think Mercedes ought to be embarrassed by putting this in a $100K car in 2014. The systems offered by Audi and BMW in their 2014 S8 and M5 are vastly better and they have much larger screens. The E63 center screen almost looks like it's from a large phone. I exaggerate, but not by much.

The standard Harmon Kardon sound system is mediocre at best. It never really sounds good, clear is about as high a compliment as I would pay. Sometimes it sounds quite harsh and I find myself turning down the volume just because it's not that pleasant to listen to. If you ever listen to music and find yourself hoping for volume without harshness, you'll be disappointed with this system.
Sounds good from your point of view as of now. I have heard others complain about the screen and Command as well. B&O will probably be a better way to go if the Harmon Kardon isn't that great. Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that the car is very, very fast as you put it haha. Puts a smile on my face. Was worried when someone else complained about stuttering upon initial hard acceleration from idle. Doesn't sound like AMG. But I guess only time will tell. Good luck with your E63 as well, wish you many healthy and fun miles to come.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:59 AM

2014 E63 S
Sounds good from your point of view as of now. I have heard others complain about the screen and Command as well. B&O will probably be a better way to go if the Harmon Kardon isn't that great. Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that the car is very, very fast as you put it haha. Puts a smile on my face. Was worried when someone else complained about stuttering upon initial hard acceleration from idle. Doesn't sound like AMG. But I guess only time will tell. Good luck with your E63 as well, wish you many healthy and fun miles to come.
To be honest, I'm thinking of selling it. There aren't very many in the US yet and I was thinking if I sold it, I could probably get close to what I paid because they are still rare. I don't like to have complaints about my car - they gnaw at me.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:03 AM

Ah man your making me over think of even ordering one. I love the E class just in general for what it was in the past and present. I wonder if the coming year they will upgrade these nuisance things since the new S class came out with the new generation of MB interiors. kind of side tracking here from topic, but its possible or will they actually wait to integrate the new S class technologies later on. Because the S class user interface, technologies, and Command and all that got great ratings by people.

Last edited by JP500; 12-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
To be honest, I'm thinking of selling it. There aren't very many in the US yet and I was thinking if I sold it, I could probably get close to what I paid because they are still rare. I don't like to have complaints about my car - they gnaw at me.
Are performance and technology/gadgetry equally important to you or does one take precedence over the other?

Based off of your comments, it sounds like you maybe should've gone for an RS7.

If you want AWD, you've got to nix the M5.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
I guess we will have to wait for the next generation E class to see changes in the command system. They just did a refresh and kept the old system so it would not be cost effective to change again in 2015 or 2016. New generation should be 2016 or 2017 I suppose?
Old 11-30-2013, 03:32 PM

2014 E63 S
I haven't had any of the stuttering issues we've seen in other threads here. That said I am generally pretty easy on my motors and transmisisons until the car is warmed up. I start off in second gear at part throttle until I'm out of the red on the temp display, and then I'll drive it hard. Also, since it is a multi clutch I have been particular about rolling forward just a little bit when I come to a stop, to be assured that first gear is properly engaged before I use lots of throttle to accelerate.

I am past my break in now, and I have driven it hard through the gears several times and no stuttering. Dry roads the car is very confidence inspiring. I recently drove it very fast (150-210 for the better part of 30 minutes) on the highway, which is where this car is truly in its element.

My only complaint with respect to the performance is the transmission in manual mode. It cannot keep up with the motor. If I am doing a full throttle run from a stop I will put it into S or S+, because that 1-2 shift just isn't quite right with the paddles. I could do with a little bit more brake too, but it is a big heavy car and that's part of the price you pay.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:35 PM

2014 E63 S
Before you sell you should bring your car back to the dealer and have them show you how to get what you want out of the command. I found all the tech in the E a little overwhelming at first as well, and I have been in benzes for years.

But for what we pay for these cars you shouldn't feel the way you do, if an in-person tutorial doesn't get you where you want then I'd move on!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:40 PM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by jackzhangcong
Great! Would you like to tell me the real fuel consumption of your car? I really wanna know it!
Sorry I missed this earlier... I'm not the type to monitor fuel consumption personally. It's so dependant on driving style anyway...
Old 12-01-2013, 12:40 AM

ML350 BT, C63 AMG Edition 507, C400, GLE350d
Sorry I missed this earlier... I'm not the type to monitor fuel consumption personally. It's so dependant on driving style anyway...
Yes you are right! It's really depend on driving style. I saw you said you driving quite fast, so what's the currently fuel consumption showing on the display?
Old 12-01-2013, 02:47 AM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by jackzhangcong
Yes you are right! It's really depend on driving style. I saw you said you driving quite fast, so what's the currently fuel consumption showing on the display?
Dude, it's going to range from 23 mpg highway to as low as 0 mpg when you idle in traffic.

What answer are you looking for?
Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 AM

ML350 BT, C63 AMG Edition 507, C400, GLE350d
Dude, it's going to range from 23 mpg highway to as low as 0 mpg when you idle in traffic.

What answer are you looking for?
Actually it's pretty good...
Old 12-01-2013, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
And it gets even better: While it's rolling down the hill in neutral with the engine off, you will get infinite mpg while producing zero emission...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 PM

2014 E63s Sedan
If you can afford this car, you should be able to afford infinite gas to power it....
Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by otakki
And it gets even better: While it's rolling down the hill in neutral with the engine off, you will get infinite mpg while producing zero emission...
Lmao... that's great man, well put
Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM

I haven't had any of the stuttering issues we've seen in other threads here. That said I am generally pretty easy on my motors and transmisisons until the car is warmed up. I start off in second gear at part throttle until I'm out of the red on the temp display, and then I'll drive it hard. Also, since it is a multi clutch I have been particular about rolling forward just a little bit when I come to a stop, to be assured that first gear is properly engaged before I use lots of throttle to accelerate.

I am past my break in now, and I have driven it hard through the gears several times and no stuttering. Dry roads the car is very confidence inspiring. I recently drove it very fast (150-210 for the better part of 30 minutes) on the highway, which is where this car is truly in its element.

My only complaint with respect to the performance is the transmission in manual mode. It cannot keep up with the motor. If I am doing a full throttle run from a stop I will put it into S or S+, because that 1-2 shift just isn't quite right with the paddles. I could do with a little bit more brake too, but it is a big heavy car and that's part of the price you pay.
Great feedback in terms of the performance. I'm not surprised about the nuisance in manual mode, as I feel like MB in general hasn't been to responsive in manual mode but I guess I look pass that in particular. So I guess it is better to just keep in S or S+ as oppose to manual. Keep posted as to your decision on what you end up doing with the car.
Good luck, Cheers
Old 12-02-2013, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
didnt even realize we could check mpg in our cars
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, TX
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S wagon w212; GLC63; GLC300; 720S
M3 gets best mileage of anything in family. F-car got 6.28 last tank, usually 7.9. Don't ask, don't tell best policy.
I'll lose my "Friends of OPEC" decoder ring if this thing gets too good mileage.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:31 PM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by keyserS
M3 gets best mileage of anything in family. F-car got 6.28 last tank, usually 7.9. Don't ask, don't tell best policy.
I'll lose my "Friends of OPEC" decoder ring if this thing gets too good mileage.
What kind of F car? How does the performance measure up to the E63?
Old 12-04-2013, 02:50 PM

2021 G63 & 2022 G63
What kind of F car? How does the performance measure up to the E63?
Fiat 500? Hehe...
Old 12-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, TX
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S wagon w212; GLC63; GLC300; 720S
A Fiat, of sorts. Save this pic for exactly these times.
It's faster.
Attached Thumbnails 40 pics of my E63s-av.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 40 pics of my E63s