W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Fleet discount hot tip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
‘02 E55 Wagon, '05 E55 Wagon silv, '05 E55 Wagon blu, '07 R63, '08 G55, '14 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by ace10
Sounds familiar. You're not in Arlington, VA by any chance?

There's a right way to do things and many wrong ways. Apparently, your dealer is all about the latter.

Sucks.
No. I'm in WI. I'd like to give the manager a chance to make it right before I call out the location. Anyone can have a bad day/week. Unfortunately, I did not check the local customer reviews of this dealer prior to ordering the car. They are horrible.

He said he will look into verifying the EAB certificate today. Hopefully I have a new car tonight....
Old 11-25-2013, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by camv10
No. I'm in WI.
It's not part of the International Auto Group, is it?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Don't know if it matters or not but I found this about what companies are a part of the MB fleet program already.
http://www.hendrickmotorsofcharlotte...-partners.aspx
(One company on the list that surprised me was Mattel Toys)

Recently I negotiated my deal and then tried to use my fleet program discount and the dealer told me that I could not combine it with any other discount. I reread the fine print in the fleet program and found nowhere where it said I couldn't combine them. I then called the the fleet program 800 number and they also said I could not combine the two either.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 178 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Don't know if it matters or not but I found this about what companies are a part of the MB fleet program already.
http://www.hendrickmotorsofcharlotte...-partners.aspx
(One company on the list that surprised me was Mattel Toys)

Recently I negotiated my deal and then tried to use my fleet program discount and the dealer told me that I could not combine it with any other discount. I reread the fine print in the fleet program and found nowhere where it said I couldn't combine them. I then called the the fleet program 800 number and they also said I could not combine the two either.
Interesting...

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Trek Bike
No. I'm in WI. I'd like to give the manager a chance to make it right before I call out the location. Anyone can have a bad day/week. Unfortunately, I did not check the local customer reviews of this dealer prior to ordering the car. They are horrible.

He said he will look into verifying the EAB certificate today. Hopefully I have a new car tonight....
Have not heard back from you. What happened?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:03 PM

‘02 E55 Wagon, '05 E55 Wagon silv, '05 E55 Wagon blu, '07 R63, '08 G55, '14 E63S Wagon
Got my new AMG wagon

Sorry for the delay. The deal was completed last week. The entire experience was and still is bittersweet. I got a great car but the dealer experience was at an all time low. I actually like my salesperson but the manager just doesn't get it. Here are the general items as it pertains to this thread's topic:

1. The USAA EAB certificate is valid but useable at the dealers discretion. At minimum they must use it off of MSRP. However, many dealers will allow you to take the discount off of a negotiated price. Mine would not. According to the local MB rep, and unlike Fleet discount certificates, the dealer participates in some of the discount costs on the USAA EAB deal. Supposedly, Fleet certificates are funded by MBUSA. Here's the funny part....absolutely no one would provide me with any other written documentation as to how the EAB program works. Not USAA, not MBUSA, not the dealer and not the company doing the certificate approvals.

2. Two other dealers relatively close by said they would honor the USAA EAB discount on top of any negotiated deal. I had an agreed deal with one dealer as a back up. It was a better deal but I would have had to reorder the car and wait another 120 days.

3. I bought the car with a negotiated discount and then applied a $2,500 Fleet certificate from work. This was the original agreed deal when I ordered the car in July.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
Sorry for the delay. The deal was completed last week. The entire experience was and still is bittersweet. I got a great car but the dealer experience was at an all time low. I actually like my salesperson but the manager just doesn't get it. Here are the general items as it pertains to this thread's topic:

1. The USAA EAB certificate is valid but useable at the dealers discretion. At minimum they must use it off of MSRP. However, many dealers will allow you to take the discount off of a negotiated price. Mine would not. According to the local MB rep, and unlike Fleet discount certificates, the dealer participates in some of the discount costs on the USAA EAB deal. Supposedly, Fleet certificates are funded by MBUSA. Here's the funny part....absolutely no one would provide me with any other written documentation as to how the EAB program works. Not USAA, not MBUSA, not the dealer and not the company doing the certificate approvals.

2. Two other dealers relatively close by said they would honor the USAA EAB discount on top of any negotiated deal. I had an agreed deal with one dealer as a back up. It was a better deal but I would have had to reorder the car and wait another 120 days.

3. I bought the car with a negotiated discount and then applied a $2,500 Fleet certificate from work. This was the original agreed deal when I ordered the car in July.

Good grief.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to have a "good" sales experience with the brand over the past couple of transactions. At least locally.

I'm happy with my servicing dealer, but if I *had* to buy a MB locally right now, I'm not sure what I'd do.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 PM

Here's the funny part....absolutely no one would provide me with any other written documentation as to how the EAB program works. Not USAA, not MBUSA, not the dealer and not the company doing the certificate approvals.
Correction: No one would put anything in writing other than what is already written on the certificate or other program guides.....All of which I have read and reread many times. My main sticking point was the interpretation of what "Agreed Price" means. I believe it means the negotiated price. My dealer says it is the MSRP. No one would put that in writing!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Trek Bike
Correction: No one would put anything in writing other than what is already written on the certificate or other program guides.....All of which I have read and reread many times. My main sticking point was the interpretation of what "Agreed Price" means. I believe it means the negotiated price. My dealer says it is the MSRP. No one would put that in writing!
Agreed = Negotiated, nobody calls it MSRP

My dealer is now twisting the facts and trying to convince me that "agreed" price from late October/ early Nov already included December discount. Like they knew and "rolled in" everything more than a month before 4k discount was effective ... must be some giant Crystal Ball....

Another twist is there there is a limit on Winter Certificate, which means there is a cap on how many 4k discounts they can apply...
Old 12-09-2013, 09:07 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, TX
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S wagon w212; GLC63; GLC300; 720S
Just ask the store to use a condom. Really.
Schnell and Cam, dear god, please give us hints where these stores are, or a link for "advertising", so we can all get such a great deal?
As least I got to use a couple gif's I haven't seen in ages
Attached Images   

Last edited by keyserS; 12-09-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Gifs aimed at dealers, not denizens of the board.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 GLS450, Previously 2017 GLS450, 2014 GL450, 2012 GL450
Can the United discount and the FEP discount be combined together or is it either one only?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
2011 Audi A4, 2014 E63S Wagon, 2020 GLS 580
The United discount documentation is pretty clear that it is for "in stock" models. I went ahead and printed the certificate but has anyone successfully used the United discount on an ordered car? My wagon is in Baltimore processing and should be at the dealer by the end of the week.