W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help! just Tuned new e63 not working!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
please help! just Tuned new e63 not working!

just received my Eurocharged tune for my new e63. I bought the black Friday special for 700 because I thought it was a great value. Renntech was giving 10 percent off of 2895. I installed the retuned ecu and the check engine light is on and it drives like ****. It Shakes and is basically in a limp home mode. A corolla could kick my *** right now. I left a message and an email and they are away for 2 weeks. DO I bring it back to the factory and tell them my car is not running well and play dumb or do I tell them the truth. I am in the boston area and will drive it anywhere if anyone knows of a place to take it. I am thinking I should have shelled out the extra 2k and went with renntech because of the warranty. AAAAHHH FUDGEEEEE!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 E63S
Did the programmer you used not save your "current config" file? If it did, you should have been able to reload the original configuration. If you do take it to the dealer, they will know the ecu has been updated or changed, may not be the most desirable. Other option is also to try and re-install file and ensure if goes all the way through.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
If the shop in Boston is closed for an extended period, then why not call the main number in TX?
Old 12-10-2013, 03:03 PM

2010 E63
there is no shop in boston I shipped ECU to TX for the tune. I took out my ECU and sent it to them. They drilled a hole in the back and tuned it and sent it back. I then installed the tuned unit and my car runs like poop. They are out of town as I called today and sent an email to no avail. I heard they do a great job from this forum so I went with them I just don't know what to do. Its as if the tune was the wrong one for the car.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
There's one listed on the EC site.

http://www.eurocharged.com/dealers

For what it's worth, I visited the EC shop here in VA and had some very specific questions which required investigation. Never heard back from them. That was a couple of months ago. No thanks.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:17 PM

2010 E63
yes I know they say there is one in boston but they cant tune these new cars so I had to send to Houston. I feel you Ace. I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:28 PM

2010 E63
ok update I called them back again and they told me to disconnect the battery overnight and try again in the morning. fingers crossed x
Old 12-10-2013, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Wow that sucks. Everytime I think of heading to a tuner here comes another nightmare. Im sticking with my amg in house tune
Old 12-10-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 E63S
Ah.. didn't realize you shipped it to them. You would think they would have checked the part number and then uploaded the correct file when reprogramming.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Chill man, EC will take care of you.
I understand it is scary to receive your ECU and your car does not run right. Even if Jerry is out of town, he still can advise his staff of what to do.
Keep us abreast but don't hesitate to call them back and ask for someone to call you back.
PS: there is no handheld option for the M157 platform. ECU has to be drilled
A three times happy EC customer.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:14 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
only two of our guys are overseas.... we have 11 employees overall just in houston and 8-10 others at various other locations.

Triple check the ecu connections

Did you list any mods/elevation/gas when sending it in?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM

2010 E63
Originally Posted by loungn14
only two of our guys are overseas.... we have 11 employees overall just in houston and 8-10 others at various other locations. Triple check the ecu connections Did you list any mods/elevation/gas when sending it in?
I did not list any mods elevation or gas. It's a stock car and I thought the tune was plug and play. I will triple check the ECU connections and I will unplug the battery and hopefully it will fix the situation and then I can drive it like I stole it for 3 years until my lease is up. I called the Boston number but it is not in service can you please tell me where the store is so I can bring my car in there so they can triple check everything. I would feel more comfortable that way. Thank you in advance.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by vdubpower
Wow that sucks. Everytime I think of heading to a tuner here comes another nightmare. Im sticking with my amg in house tune
Nah thats just you reading only the negative posts here---- for each of these (and this one isnt bad- possible install issue) there are so many success stories on tunes for the M157.

Bottom line are these two things: good news travels well but bad news travels much faster and YOU would NOT do the tune anyway.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No that's actually wrong Bro. I read all the Good and the bad pick the brain of both sides. Its the issues that take me a step back. Even if they are few and far between. You have a great tuning source and relationship and publically have no issues which is awesome. But you also don't keep cars as long as others do. So those of us who are in for the long haul may be more cautious. Maybe I just want the perfect issue free tune. And maybe that doesn't exist. But I can tell u after no fly zone event watching faris and Eric hot a good 10-12 MPH faster than me my interest was rekindled in regards to a tune. But....when these post show up and in my situation I don't have time for issues I take a step back.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
No that's actually wrong Bro. I read all the Good and the bad pick the brain of both sides. Its the issues that take me a step back. Even if they are few and far between. You have a great tuning source and relationship and publically have no issues which is awesome. But you also don't keep cars as long as others do. So those of us who are in for the long haul may be more cautious. Maybe I just want the perfect issue free tune. And maybe that doesn't exist. But I can tell u after no fly zone event watching faris and Eric hot a good 10-12 MPH faster than me my interest was rekindled in regards to a tune. But....when these post show up and in my situation I don't have time for issues I take a step back.
Take the plunge Vdub! I'm confident you'll be glad you did and, depending on the tuner you go with, shouldn't have any material long term reliability issues. Pretty obvious you are well versed in all the posts relating to M157 tuner experiences, so deciding who to go with to minimize chances of an unfavorable outcome should be easy. I have the same conservative mentality as you when it comes to modifying my cars, and have found that choosing a reputable tuner who stands behind their product makes all the difference in the world.

Go for it! Then Faris and I can be the ones chasing you at the next airstrip event.

Last edited by xtyper; 12-10-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Ok get it- but there waaaaaaaaay more posts of M157 engines royally killing it at the strip and posting up amazing hp/tq numbers than there are events like this- that often are not the tuners fault.

This statement says it all, you have to pay to play--- if you need a saftey blanket for these types of mods you wont find it so I see its best you dont tune. Or do the basic medium tune- you will get 60 hp/60 tq or more and the engine was basically already made for it. Remember my SL comes from the factory with 664 crank tq.

Last edited by Vic55; 12-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:28 PM
SPONSOR

Is there a CEL?

Let me know...also shoot me a pm with your cell number. I can get you in direct contact with Jerry (yes even while he is in Singapore)

Jake
Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 PM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
Does anyone else feel like this is a a fake thread and a advertisement for Renntech? Even if it's not **** Renntech and there overpriced **** that makes your car slower

Nick's iPhone 5s
Old 12-10-2013, 09:35 PM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
In regards to EUROCHARGED my personal experience varies. When the M157 platform was first released i had a ecu tune done and my car runs incredibly strong never had a issue, getting ahold of Jerry is another story!!!!!

Renntech you can easily get ahold of but I'm surprised they don't charge us to call them. Lol

Nick's iPhone 5s
Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Vic55
This statement says it all, you have to pay to play--- if you need a saftey blanket for these types of mods you wont find it so I see its best you dont tune.
While I would typically agree with you, we easily have one of the best warranty's in the market...

TUNING (SOFTWARE) MOTOR REPLACEMENT POLICY

Eurocharged is so confident in our tuning offerings that we will warranty any motor against internal parts damage due to issues directly related to our software. Upon issue, we will require all parts be inspected by an approved dealer for analysis.

LINK....
Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by NickE63
In regards to EUROCHARGED my personal experience varies. When the M157 platform was first released i had a ecu tune done and my car runs incredibly strong never had a issue, getting ahold of Jerry is another story!!!!!

Renntech you can easily get ahold of but I'm surprised they don't charge us to call them. Lol

Nick's iPhone 5s
ya, I will admit that we did have some issues with people contacting jerry directly and him getting back in a timely fashion as he was just getting pounded with calls. (not an excuse at all just an observation)

We have since made the appropriate internal changes to handle those types of issues!

Thanks for the feedback, and glad the car is running strong!!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yup there are plenty of positives and then those negatives.....and who's fault it is...who knows...
a conservative/ intermediate tune seems probably the smartest thing to do...but...in real world driving, is 600hp going to make a difference than 500hp...i saw how at the top end, the tuned cars were pulling away from mine...for sure....excellent for those kind of events.... i guess what i need to do is drive a tuned car in normal regular everyday atmosphere and see if does anything for me....

lets see what happens in the AM with the OP, hopefully everything will be ok
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Administrator

yup there are plenty of positives and then those negatives.....and who's fault it is...who knows...
a conservative/ intermediate tune seems probably the smartest thing to do...but...in real world driving, is 600hp going to make a difference than 500hp...i saw how at the top end, the tuned cars were pulling away from mine...for sure....excellent for those kind of events.... i guess what i need to do is drive a tuned car in normal regular everyday atmosphere and see if does anything for me....

lets see what happens in the AM with the OP, hopefully everything will be ok
of course its gonna make a difference---- with that thought process you could have just got an E550 but you didnt. 100 hp thru the rpm curve is incredible and dont forget the tq gains. Think about the hp wars that go on from a factory standpoint- these cars between M and AMG only go up marginally each year (keeping the model the same of course). But a 100 hp gain on the same chassis is monster!!! Again this is aftermarket tuning but its been proven to work.

I did an intermediate tune on my new SL63 and its a no brainer for many reasons; I can easily tell the power bump and tq bump but what I also appreciate is the way the throttle was adjusted. No more mushy full push to get the power- its there on tap.

Turbo engines rule!!!!

Last edited by Vic55; 12-10-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
Tuned car drives 100% normal so why not have the added HP

Nick's iPhone 5s
Old 12-10-2013, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NickE63
Tuned car drives 100% normal so why not have the added HP

Nick's iPhone 5s
except for the OP's car

vic can i take the sl for a spin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: please help! just Tuned new e63 not working!