Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission not shifting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E63, 2011 Audi A4, 2017 Audi Q7
I've had my valve body replaced on my 07. The actuators that allow the tranny fluid to flow to shift gears fail, thus making your car unable to shift. It was not a cheap fix as my car was out of warantee. I think $2500-3000. Additionally, as the flat bed arrives at the dealer with my car on it, I noticed my car is COVERED in black, oily fluid. I first thought it was from my car and started shaking my head. Come to find out, the hydraulic line on the truck broke and sprayed the fluid all over my car. It also couldn't move the bed so my car was stuck on the truck for an entire day just waiting on a part to fix the line.. Good times
Old 03-18-2016, 09:01 PM

W203 C32 AMG...W221 S63...SOLD...W212 E63 CURRENT
Originally Posted by screw991le
Mine gets a little "jerky" when the weather is below freezing. Also when in C mode, it bumps at a stop light when I hit the gas lightly. Besides that I love this trans.
It's normal I been having mine for 4 years
Old 02-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63s 4matic Wagon
It’s happening to me now

The transmission won’t go into any gear consistently but will occasionally shift into reverse or drive. Park button doesn’t respond. Does anyone have any updated info about this problem or am I off to the dealer for a shift selector module replacement?

Btw I live in the mountains of Colorado and the nearest dealer is 200 miles away.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:06 AM

2011 E63, 2011 Audi A4, 2017 Audi Q7
Sounds like the valve body in the trans. Mine went out at about 45K. No warranty it’s like $4K
Old 02-23-2018, 07:40 AM

Mercedes E63 AMG Mercedes GLK 350D
Originally Posted by John Wallace
The transmission won’t go into any gear consistently but will occasionally shift into reverse or drive. Park button doesn’t respond. Does anyone have any updated info about this problem or am I off to the dealer for a shift selector module replacement?

Btw I live in the mountains of Colorado and the nearest dealer is 200 miles away.

Hi

I had the same issue with my E63 AMG (2014). I can give you one tip. You can chose gear but very fast after engine start. Then gearbox should work ok, however I was unable to change from D to R or from R to D unless I switched off the engine and turn on again. Tu get P I had to open driver's door.
After visiting the service I had replaced all switch module. Good for me, that Poland is close to Germany and my car was fixed within 4 days, including transport of the module (it was ordered in Germany).
Old 02-25-2018, 03:46 PM

E63AMG
Hello guys,
I have read many posts, because i have the same problem, but there is no result
When i accelarate- i feel vibration from gas pedal, also i feel strange vibration/shaking from transmission (under of driver and passenger center), i have changed all mounts engine and transmissions, also i changed spark plugs, oil filter and oil....
This feeling comes ONLY when i am accelarating from 0 in low rpm,
I thought it was transmission torque, but my car is not under warranty and i dont want to loose money if its not
does anyone have the same problem? i think it is ignition coils, maybe im not the onely one person who has the same problem
i check, in C/S/S+/M - same problem. When i turn in R and go in back, this vibration is coming again ...
if its torque convertor and frictions are damaged, why it comes in when i starting accelaration 1st , 2rd , R - gear ?