W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

**Product Release** ALPHA Boost Cooling System For The E63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2014 | 01:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
**Product Release** ALPHA Boost Cooling System For The E63 AMG

For 2012 and 2013 RWD models only. 4matic models coming very soon.

The Alpha Performance E63 (W212) & CLS63 (W218) 5.5L Bi Turbo Boost Cooler System is a great addition to your M157 equipped AMG whether your car is stock or modified. The cooling system features a large, high efficiency heat exchanger located at the front of the car, a reservoir that holds over a gallon of coolant in the passenger front fender well and a high flow brushless pump which runs complementary to the factory pump.

Whether you live in a hot climate area, enjoy long spirited drives in the mountains or long high speed pulls on airstrips, the M157 Boost Cooler will keep your intake temps low and maintain your AMG’s maximum output no matter the ambient conditions. As with all Alpha Products, everything needed to install the system is included – bolts, fittings, lines etc. Best of all, no drilling on the car is required.

Hard ‘Core’
The most important part of an efficient heat exchanger system is the core, skimping here could mean the overall performance of an ‘upgraded’ system might be worse than stock! Our Alpha core is a high quality, made in the UK, double pass design where the coolant makes two passes through the unit vs competing products which use a single pass design. Our unit works with the factory heat exchanger giving you a significant boost in cooling power.

Innovative Reservoir Means Zero Lost Trunk Space!
The hand fabricated Alpha reservoir acts as a large heat sink to keep coolant temperatures low and stable. With over a gallon of additional coolant on board, it increases the cycle time allowing it to dissipate more heat before being recirculated, working as a large thermal reservoir, keeping the horsepower-killing heat soak at bay. With its trick mounting location in the passenger fender well, you don’t have to worry about running lines to the rear of the car, drilling holes in your trunk's floorboard, or giving up valuable trunk space!

Pumped up!
To give you the best possible performance and keep the coolant flowing efficiently through the heat exchangers, we added an additional high flow pump to run in conjunction with the OEM pump. The combination of the two pumps allow a high flow rate to keep the fluid moving and maintains that flow rate at higher pressures giving you the assurance your car will stay cool in hot climates or on those top speed pulls.

Exclusive Benefits:
Unique Fender Mounted Reservoir
Unlike Competing Designs, No Drilling or Cutting of Body Panels Required
Short Line Routing
Works with both Distronic and Non-Distronic Vehicles
OEM Fit and Finish

System Includes:
Hand Fabricated Reservoir
High Efficiency Double Pass Heat Exchanger
High Flow Brushless Coolant Pump
4 ply Heavy Duty Silicone Hose
High Pressure Coolant Line
Distronic Bracket (Optional)
CLS 63 Adapter (Optional)
Pump Control w/Harness
All Clamps, Fittings, Bolts, Brackets and Hardware

Applications:

2011+ Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG W218 Non-4Matic
2012-2013 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG W212 Non-4Matic

$2695.00 http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/a...ooler-kit.html

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 08-26-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2014 | 01:32 PM

'12 E63 Wagon
Great stuff! I love how innovative this is.

Four questions:
1. What was the approximate outside temperature in the above graphed test?
2. How does the 12/13 difference (in how the coolant is shared with the engine) alter the results?
3. Would you tune a car differently if it had this done?
4. Is a tune necessary to realize the benefits of this system?

Last edited by cnolke; 08-26-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2014 | 01:36 PM

14 E63S Wagon, 16 GTS Edition1 (Sold), 17 SL450 designo edition
Perhaps the viewing angle is off but it appears the cooler in that last picture could get filled with road debris over time being slung off the tires. I think I would install a cover over the cooler with downward facing loovers so the air can flow through while keeping the debris from packing the back side.
Old 08-26-2014 | 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
WOW!
That's wicked! Nice option, I love the front mounted reservoir...never been a big fan of the trunk mounted units.

Price is steep, but I understand why.
Old 08-26-2014 | 01:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Patric
Perhaps the viewing angle is off but it appears the cooler in that last picture could get filled with road debris over time being slung off the tires. I think I would install a cover over the cooler with downward facing loovers so the air can flow through while keeping the debris from packing the back side.
There is normally a fender liner there that is removed for the picture
Old 08-26-2014 | 01:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by cnolke
Great stuff! I love how innovative this is.

Four questions:
1. What was the approximate outside temperature in the above graphed test?
2. How does the 12/13 difference (in how the coolant is shared with the engine) alter the results?
3. Would you tune a car differently if it had this done?
4. Is a tune necessary to realize the benefits of this system?
The temperature in the dyno room was about 90 degrees.

I don't quite understand the second question. Can you rephrase it?

A specialized tune is not necessary to benefit from this nor would one really tune differently. This kit is going to keep the power at optimum levels and more importantly make the car much more consistent.

Eric
Old 08-26-2014 | 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Wow that much extra coolant and NO trunk tank. Very impressed.
Old 08-26-2014 | 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i drive them all, fast and hard
i think he means that in the 2012 and 2013 there was a change in the cooling system from amg, so how does your system accommodate for their differences

Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
The temperature in the dyno room was about 90 degrees.

I don't quite understand the second question. Can you rephrase it?

A specialized tune is not necessary to benefit from this nor would one really tune differently. This kit is going to keep the power at optimum levels and more importantly make the car much more consistent.

Eric
Old 08-26-2014 | 11:12 PM

AMG
2013 models have revised cooling
Old 08-27-2014 | 09:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r
2013 models have revised cooling
The system is designed for those that are running the later model system that actually divorces the engine coolant system from the Intercooler circuit. Cars that are not running the later divorced system will need to buy the components necessary to divorce it.

These divorced parts are fairly inexpensive and the option will be available on the site to order them. We will also have some easy to follow guidelines on how to check if you have a divorced system or not.

That option as well as the instructions for installing the system will be up very shortly. Those that have bought the system were spoken to directly at the time of the order to determine what hardware was or was not needed.

Eric