Sponsored by:

Bang & Olufsen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG
Bang & Olufsen

After having the car about a week now, I figured I would give some insight to the upgraded sound, as when I did my research on these forums not much info was available and everyone's opinion gave a negative bias to getting the upgrade.

I have to say, the bang & olufsen is definitey worth the money spent to upgrade for a couple of different reason.

Yes, you can go out for 1/4 of the cost and add some after markets and create an even better music experience in the car, but having a system already in place was exactly what I was looking for. On my first c300, I did all JL Audio interior speakers, had them amped, and added two 10" subwoofers. The sounds was incredible, but what a nightmare with adding all of this, PLUS there is absolutely no possible way to remove 100% of the engine noise in the speaker when you use a preamp converter to keep the stock headunit intact. Another annoying factor was the fact of the battery draw from the subs pulling the juice.
that was the last thing I wanted on this car. So I decided to add the upgraded sound system.

I am very happy with the choice, for a number of reasons, The sound is incredible, Clarity, and absolute crisp music on all levels from highs, mids, and lows. This is a perfect all around set up. Obviously depends on the music genre and output (Bluetooth to SD Card) but I can def. hear the difference in quality compared to the H&K. It is a world of difference. I disagree with prior posts I have read that most people feel it to be not to much of a change.

My general genre is hip hop and club so for those two this is perfect.

What I will recommend is if you really want to see what this system can do prior to deciding if you want to add to your car order, go to dealership, bring an SD Card or CD, and put the song Andrea Bocceli time to say goodbye, and I trust you will have your decision. lol

All in All superior sound and I would highly recommend this option. Also, it has a tremendous wow factor with the lights and mirrors it has on the front tweeters.

Hope this helps others.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:08 PM

2010E63
Thanks for a very informative post, enjoy your B&O system. I wonder why it took MB so long to use B&O, a company that has been on the market since 1925.

Last edited by SCsulPanaro; 11-10-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Subaru Legacy
Thank you for the review
Old 11-11-2014, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Thanks for the review! I look forward to having this in my upcoming car. I used it on the wagon that I test drove but didn't pay much attention to it as the driving experience was sucking me in more at that time!

Originally Posted by SCsulPanaro
Thanks for a very informative post, enjoy your B&O system. I wonder why it took MB so long to use B&O, a company that has been on the market since 1925.
The funny thing is that even though the MB B&O relationship started in 2010, it looks like all new models will ditch B&O for the high end in favor of a high end Burmeister sound system as introduced on the 222 S-Class back in 2014.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 120 Posts
E63s AMG
Originally Posted by autockr989
After having the car about a week now, I figured I would give some insight to the upgraded sound, as when I did my research on these forums not much info was available and everyone's opinion gave a negative bias to getting the upgrade.

I have to say, the bang & olufsen is definitey worth the money spent to upgrade for a couple of different reason.

Yes, you can go out for 1/4 of the cost and add some after markets and create an even better music experience in the car, but having a system already in place was exactly what I was looking for. On my first c300, I did all JL Audio interior speakers, had them amped, and added two 10" subwoofers. The sounds was incredible, but what a nightmare with adding all of this, PLUS there is absolutely no possible way to remove 100% of the engine noise in the speaker when you use a preamp converter to keep the stock headunit intact. Another annoying factor was the fact of the battery draw from the subs pulling the juice.
that was the last thing I wanted on this car. So I decided to add the upgraded sound system.

I am very happy with the choice, for a number of reasons, The sound is incredible, Clarity, and absolute crisp music on all levels from highs, mids, and lows. This is a perfect all around set up. Obviously depends on the music genre and output (Bluetooth to SD Card) but I can def. hear the difference in quality compared to the H&K. It is a world of difference. I disagree with prior posts I have read that most people feel it to be not to much of a change.

My general genre is hip hop and club so for those two this is perfect.

What I will recommend is if you really want to see what this system can do prior to deciding if you want to add to your car order, go to dealership, bring an SD Card or CD, and put the song Andrea Bocceli time to say goodbye, and I trust you will have your decision. lol

All in All superior sound and I would highly recommend this option. Also, it has a tremendous wow factor with the lights and mirrors it has on the front tweeters.

Hope this helps others.
Got to experience the sound myself and I agree it is worth the extra money. Sounds better than HK sound system. More base and treble is cleaner.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 E63 AMG wagon
Originally Posted by autockr989

Hope this helps others.
Did you buy a car with the system or did you convert ?