W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Coding Options (DVD in motion, etc.)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E63 Estate
Custom Coding Options (DVD in motion, etc.)

Hey folks,

I'm new to the MB world and my few attempts at searching for ways to customize options on my wagon haven't yielded much success. Would anyone of you be able to recommend any coders in the San Diego area?

I'd like to have the following options programmed (if possible):

- disable Eco mode while in Comfort mode upon start up
- start up in Sport mode
- driver seat to slide back (along with steering wheel rising) upon shut off
- making front fog lights brighter when DRLs are activated (my understanding is that they're currently controlled by sensors)
- disable the COMAND disclaimer upon start up
- update map in navi (I'm sure dealer charges a fortune for this)
- allow for DVDs to be watched when car is in motion
- allow for navigation inputs while car is in motion
- enable Sport Handling mode when AMG button is activated

I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now.

Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
care to drive up to OC?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:47 PM

2012 E63 Estate
Originally Posted by MJ50
care to drive up to OC?
Hi MJ50,

Thanks for the prompt response. I would consider the drive up to OC if it can be done on a weekend and if I don't have to leave my car there overnight. Also, I'd like a quote on price before committing.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
PM sent...
Old 01-14-2015, 12:40 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Hi. If you can provide the programming for me, please PM for quote. I live in Diamond Bar so I'm close by. Thanks.

care to drive up to OC?
Old 01-14-2015, 10:22 AM

993, 2014 E63 Wagon
And don't forget:

- Allow the use of cruise control while in Sport ESP mode.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Hi. If you can provide the programming for me, please PM for quote. I live in Diamond Bar so I'm close by. Thanks.
i don't have xentry... just SDS...
Old 01-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Sorry. Not sure what you mean between century or sds. Please kindly be specific with many thanks.

P.S. Does your company have a website you can share with forum members ? Thanks again.

i don't have xentry... just SDS...
Old 01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Sorry. Not sure what you mean between century or sds. Please kindly be specific with many thanks.

P.S. Does your company have a website you can share with forum members ? Thanks again.
i don't have a shop...

i was referring to Leistung Autohaus (forum sponsor) who has Xentry to support newer models...
www.leistungautohaus.com

Old 01-14-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63 S (white wagon), 2016 Viper ACR Extreme, 2005 Porsche GT3 Cup race car,2020 GLE
Anyone in the metro NY area that can do some of this on a 2014?
Old 01-14-2015, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63 AMG S Diamond White Saloon
can the coding be done remotely?
Old 01-15-2015, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by Clk63blkseries
Anyone in the metro NY area that can do some of this on a 2014?
+1
Old 01-15-2015, 05:04 PM

2012 E63 Estate
Hey folks,

Thanks to Matt at Leistung Autohaus for doing some research and sharing his findings with me - even though he knew it wasn't going to result in much, if any, revenue to his shop. Now that's great customer service!

I'm new to the Benz world - coming from BMWs, and what Matt shared with me is that unlike BMW, MB USA has a lock down on hacks and it's significantly more difficult to accomplish. Here's my complete wish list with Matt's findings added:

- disable Eco mode while in Comfort mode upon start up (possibility of hard wiring a bypass but there is no coding solution)
- start up in Sport mode (doubt this can happen)
- making front fog lights brighter when DRLs are activated (not going to happen)
- disable the COMAND disclaimer upon start up (not going to happen)
- update map in navi on the cheap (gotta pay MB prices, no hacks)
- allow for DVDs to be watched when car is in motion (hard wire a bypass, no coding solution)
- allow for navigation inputs while car is in motion (hard wire a bypass, no coding solution)
- enable Sport Handling mode when AMG button is activated (nope)
- enable cornering lights at high-ish speeds (nope)

Thanks again Matt!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
LOL pretty much nothing can be "coded" into the car for any of the tricks. DVD and Nav in motion is easy though with a simple module on eBay. This same module can also disable ECO (remembers last mode set).
Old 01-15-2015, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
LOL pretty much nothing can be "coded" into the car for any of the tricks. DVD and Nav in motion is easy though with a simple module on eBay. This same module can also disable ECO (remembers last mode set).
Very unfortunate. Back in the day, Steve from MBENZNL was able to activate video in motion on my C32 using STAR DAS but these days a long gone. I'll have to get the ebay module from Vladimir when my car comes in.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
here you may find some help

Originally Posted by KaseZome
Hey folks,

Thanks to Matt at Leistung Autohaus for doing some research and sharing his findings with me - even though he knew it wasn't going to result in much, if any, revenue to his shop. Now that's great customer service!

I'm new to the Benz world - coming from BMWs, and what Matt shared with me is that unlike BMW, MB USA has a lock down on hacks and it's significantly more difficult to accomplish. Here's my complete wish list with Matt's findings added:

- disable Eco mode while in Comfort mode upon start up (possibility of hard wiring a bypass but there is no coding solution) It can be done by coding through OBD2
- start up in Sport mode (doubt this can happen) explained below for fastest way
- making front fog lights brighter when DRLs are activated (not going to happen) cheapest way, to rewire your side marks to light the fog lights (best thing in US spec)
- disable the COMAND disclaimer upon start up (not going to happen) can be done
- update map in navi on the cheap (gotta pay MB prices, no hacks) possible in an Benz shop with new tools
- allow for DVDs to be watched when car is in motion (hard wire a bypass, no coding solution) that's right
- allow for navigation inputs while car is in motion (hard wire a bypass, no coding solution) can be done
- enable Sport Handling mode when AMG button is activated (nope) that's silly, this point is actually tunable by AMG button for transmission mode and suspension handling mode, set your Gear on S+ and Sport+ handling mode and keep pressing AMG button until you hear a PeeP. next time when you press AMG button, it will change everything to S+ mode.
- enable cornering lights at high-ish speeds (nope) that's right

Thanks again Matt!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
at least matt answered your questions...

Hey folks,

- disable Eco mode while in Comfort mode upon start up (possibility of hard wiring a bypass but there is no coding solution)
- making front fog lights brighter when DRLs are activated (not going to happen)
- allow for DVDs to be watched when car is in motion (hard wire a bypass, no coding solution)
- allow for navigation inputs while car is in motion (hard wire a bypass, no coding solution)

Thanks again Matt!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Lenin
Very unfortunate. Back in the day, Steve from MBENZNL was able to activate video in motion on my C32 using STAR DAS but these days a long gone. I'll have to get the ebay module from Vladimir when my car comes in.
yea and mine has tons of version codings...
however, newer MB's modules are locked by MBUSA making version coding difficult/impossible...
ROW MBs don't have locks and that's prolly y MBenzNL doesn't come to USA anymore...
Old 01-16-2015, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yea and mine has tons of version codings...
however, newer MB's modules are locked by MBUSA making version coding difficult/impossible...
ROW MBs don't have locks and that's prolly y MBenzNL doesn't come to USA anymore...
Don't know why Steve doesn't come here any more since he also did a lot of installs in addition to the version coding. I know he still sells parts and does installs in Europe. From what I remember, MB removed ability to add VIM from the STAR system. One day it was there and with the next update of STAR it was not. Not sure if the Developer mode has anything in it to enable these functions. Maybe it's time to contact Steve again.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:20 AM

2012 E63 Estate
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
here you may find some help
I was referring to the traction control, not the suspension.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Are you able to remove the Amber in the Headlight?
Old 08-13-2020, 04:58 PM

W212 E350
Hey folks,

Thanks again Matt!
I am also new to MB but have done a ton of BMW coding on my E61. Did some cool stuff like enabling the M-mode RPM gauge in the HUD.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 w205
Can anyone do remote coding with xenrty and sds for my car? Based in UK and have a list of what I need doing.
Old 05-06-2022, 04:46 PM

2016 CLS550 4Matic, 1995 SL600, 2014 GL450
Hey folks,

Thanks again Matt!

I know its been 6 years, but actually some of the stuff you mentioned can be coded in no big deal.
Old 11-27-2022, 07:06 PM

Porsche 987/Mertz E500 wagon
Originally Posted by aznese
I know its been 6 years, but actually some of the stuff you mentioned can be coded in no big deal.
Do you know how, or who? I just got an '04 E500 that I'd love to do a few things to if possible. I have an '05 Porsche 987 that I was able to code with my Foxwell NT530, was hoping it could do some things with this car, but no luck so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Coding Options (DVD in motion, etc.)