Opinions on Upgrading to a new E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31; 2016 E63 AMG S
Opinions on Upgrading to a new E63

Hi all,

Currently daily a 2013 C63 P31. Love almost everything about it. It is of course, my baby but I'm looking to go further into the realm of AMG's. Later this year I plan on snagging a new E63 AMG-S but I'm torn between the current generation (W212) or waiting for something new such as: https://mbworld.org/articles/first-l...amg-spy-shots/

I guess my dilemma is I like the current generation but might like the newer models better but don't want to be disappointed and have waited for nothing if it doesn't pan out (for all I know they could have stopped producing the W212's already *fingers crossed*). Personally, I wasn't as pleased with the new C63 (W205 I believe) as I thought I'd be but hey that's just me.

It's not like I'm in a rush but who can resist lol. So what's your opinion on this... wait or get a W212 model?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,418 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I would wait for the new model and see what cool new features it has and if you like the look better and if you think the performance is superior to the current generation. In the end if you are wrong in the new model is not what you were looking for you could always snag a low mileage 2016 E in a heartbeat and be totally happy with it.

Without any disrespect, you're asking a nearly impossible question as nobody knows what the new model will look like, perform like, offer in terms of new interior features. Good luck with your decision
Old 06-30-2015, 08:44 PM

2013 C63 AMG P31; 2016 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I would wait for the new model and see what cool new features it has and if you like the look better and if you think the performance is superior to the current generation. In the end if you are wrong in the new model is not what you were looking for you could always snag a low mileage 2016 E in a heartbeat and be totally happy with it.

Without any disrespect, you're asking a nearly impossible question as nobody knows what the new model will look like, perform like, offer in terms of new interior features. Good luck with your decision
Thanks Peter, you're right about picking one up for low mileage... Even thought I probably won't go that route, and no disrespect taken. I totally understand that replies my question will be highly opinionated and/or based on rumors and such. I was just curious what others would do in my situation.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by microcolt
Thanks Peter, you're right about picking one up for low mileage... Even thought I probably won't go that route, and no disrespect taken. I totally understand that replies my question will be highly opinionated and/or based on rumors and such. I was just curious what others would do in my situation.
No worries

I would get the latest and greatest ... The 2017 e63S... I like new ... And I'm ok with the premium to have new

And don't sweat it... The gt-s and c63s guys will flesh out the bugs in the next year or so with the m177/8
Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
I agree with Peter and I am waiting for a 2016 E63S that should be produced any day now after an order placed in March.

In your case, I would only go for a 212 if you were to get one (2016 or 2015) in the next week or so, with the plan of having it for @ 2 years. Otherwise, I would wait on the 213. Odds favor it having better performance, and a nicer interior and a lot newer electronics.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

The interior for me would be key
Old 07-01-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 C63 507, '11 C300, '96 Cobra, '91 Mr2
Originally Posted by microcolt
Hi all,

Currently daily a 2013 C63 P31. Love almost everything about it. It is of course, my baby but I'm looking to go further into the realm of AMG's. Later this year I plan on snagging a new E63 AMG-S but I'm torn between the current generation (W212) or waiting for something new such as: https://mbworld.org/articles/first-l...amg-spy-shots/

I guess my dilemma is I like the current generation but might like the newer models better but don't want to be disappointed and have waited for nothing if it doesn't pan out (for all I know they could have stopped producing the W212's already *fingers crossed*). Personally, I wasn't as pleased with the new C63 (W205 I believe) as I thought I'd be but hey that's just me.

It's not like I'm in a rush but who can resist lol. So what's your opinion on this... wait or get a W212 model?
These are just two totally different cars, why are you interested in moving to the E What don't you like about the C...

The E generally turns you into a lazy driver...the C doesn't. Cars/Bikes don't pull up to the E to talk like they do in the 507. Only if you have two personalities would you want both cars
Old 07-18-2015, 12:50 PM

2015 AMG E63S 212
Reminds me about the entrance of small calculators in the 70's. I kept delaying as new models came out, and ended up not having one for 4 years. Sometimes you have to put your stake in the ground. I have driven the C and have the E63 wagon, and to me there is no comparison. The C is a pocket rocket, but the wheelbase difference is very noticeable. I applaud your desire to get an E, but you will need a lot of self discipline to delay for a '17.