W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

New AMG/star Shadow Door Lights Installed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2015 | 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
New AMG/star Shadow Door Lights Installed.

Guys,

I started a new thread on this because the thread where David hooked me up is on another subject and this item is a bit buried in it.

See pic

Early review in person is:

Fit is not as sound as OEM light. It goes in and all, but doesnt seem as secure as the OEM light.

Red portion of the multi-function light is fairly attenuated. (But honestly not important)

Floor graphic (what this all about) is pretty good. Like it.

I got it from Ebay (David's tip) with shipping for $22.

Comes from China! Takes 2 or 3 weeks.

But for $22 its a whole lotta fun/buck.
Attached Thumbnails New AMG/star Shadow Door Lights Installed.-image.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015 | 12:38 AM

E63 AMG S Diamond White Saloon
Unlike the E63 that is seriously unclassy.
Just my 0.02.
Old 07-07-2015 | 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LFC09
Unlike the E63 that is seriously unclassy.
Just my 0.02.
Well you certainly are entitled to your opinion.

I would agree if we were talking about purple neon under chassis lighting. But we are not.

Also, I didn't try it out because I wanted to make my car look more classy. I tried it out for fun and effect. For $19 it is fun.

You can also go to a couple of other threads that have the same pictures of these and see that quite a few other folks did not find it "unclassy".

Sounds like we won't see this on your car anytime soon though. LOL

No worries. Everyone has different tastes.
Old 07-07-2015 | 12:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Looks good man!
Old 07-07-2015 | 02:07 PM
Banned

2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Originally Posted by Vrodman
Guys,

I started a new thread on this because the thread where David hooked me up is on another subject and this item is a bit buried in it.

See pic

Early review in person is:

Fit is not as sound as OEM light. It goes in and all, but doesnt seem as secure as the OEM light.

Red portion of the multi-function light is fairly attenuated. (But honestly not important)

Floor graphic (what this all about) is pretty good. Like it.

I got it from Ebay (David's tip) with shipping for $22.

Comes from China! Takes 2 or 3 weeks.

But for $22 its a whole lotta fun/buck.
Looks good. I like it V. I got my sitting in my Gardge so I guess I need to find time to install it. Glad I could be of help.
Old 07-07-2015 | 02:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
looks good

a lot of MB dealers add these to their new cars
Old 07-07-2015 | 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Looks good. I like it V. I got my sitting in my Gardge so I guess I need to find time to install it. Glad I could be of help.
All you need is a small standard flat blade screwdriver to sort of gently pop out the existing units.

Connect the cable to the new one and snap it back in by hand.

Done with both in 5 minutes.

David, surely you can find five minutes! lol
Old 07-07-2015 | 02:59 PM
Banned

2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
All you need is a small standard flat blade screwdriver to sort of gently pop out the existing units.

Connect the cable to the new one and snap it back in by hand.

Done with both in 5 minutes.

David, surely you can find five minutes! lol
Lol. Just got back from a 3 weeks vacation throughout Asia with the family ( still a little jet lag ), but will install it today. I was afraid it would like tacky, but I like it. Thanks for posting the photo.
Old 07-07-2015 | 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol. Just got back from a 3 weeks vacation throughout Asia with the family ( still a little jet lag ), but will install it today. I was afraid it would like tacky, but I like it. Thanks for posting the photo.
I considered the tacky possibility, but for $22 and 5 minutes, it was worth checking out. Had a couple friends drop by last night and they both really liked it in person.

It has a bit of a 3D look to the emblem. The box says 3D Shadowlite on it.

The Chinese to English translation is too funny. It says:

"easy install. No need to change the car"

Boy was that a relief. Imagine if I bought that shadowlight and then had to get a different car! LMAO
Old 07-07-2015 | 05:49 PM
Banned

I considered the tacky possibility, but for $22 and 5 minutes, it was worth checking out. Had a couple friends drop by last night and they both really liked it in person.

It has a bit of a 3D look to the emblem. The box says 3D Shadowlite on it.

The Chinese to English translation is too funny. It says:

"easy install. No need to change the car"

Boy was that a relief. Imagine if I bought that shadowlight and then had to get a different car! LMAO
V. Need help. Please see the photos with the white plastic, the OEM light vs. the huge black plastic, the AMG shadow lights. How does the shadow light housing fit into the OEM slot? It is way to big to fit. Can you advise with many thanks.

It seems to me that I do need to change my car to make it fit. Lol.

Off topic. Unless you like the cheap ( IMO ) black plastic seat adjustment levelers, here is something you might like. Don't remember how much, but it was cheap and easy to install ( did it myself ).

Let me know if your interested or PM me and I'll send you the link if I can find it again.
Old 07-07-2015 | 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V. Need help. Please see the photos with the white plastic, the OEM light vs. the huge black plastic, the AMG shadow lights. How does the shadow light housing fit into the OEM slot? It is way to big to fit. Can you advise with many thanks.

It seems to me that I do need to change my car to make it fit. Lol.

Off topic. Unless you like the cheap ( IMO ) black plastic seat adjustment levelers, here is something you might like. Don't remember how much, but it was cheap and easy to install ( did it myself ).

Let me know if your interested or PM me and I'll send you the link if I can find it again.
David,

I am sorry to say my friend that you received the wrong item. Mine looked almost exactly like the OEM light. Only difference with mine was that the wire connector was flipped 180degrees. Didn't matter though.

My housing colors were exactly the same as the OEM too. Not black like yours. Bummer my friend.

And yes, I would be interested in the link for the seat control caps.

Thanks Bud
Old 07-07-2015 | 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shardul
looks good

a lot of MB dealers add these to their new cars
All those "unclassy" dealers? Lol

Sorry, I couldnt resist.

See first reply after initial post.
Old 07-08-2015 | 02:01 AM
Banned

David,

I am sorry to say my friend that you received the wrong item. Mine looked almost exactly like the OEM light. Only difference with mine was that the wire connector was flipped 180degrees. Didn't matter though.

My housing colors were exactly the same as the OEM too. Not black like yours. Bummer my friend.

And yes, I would be interested in the link for the seat control caps.

Thanks Bud
Thanks for your help. Contacted the seller and they are sending me new ones. I'm guessing that is for a S class?

Here is the link for the seat control caps. For install, just carefully pull on the old caps one by one. They come off pretty easy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321500405058?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Enjoy.

Last edited by Davidkuo0330; 07-13-2015 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2015 | 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for your help. Contacted the seller and they are sending me new ones. I'm guessing that is for a S class?

Here you the seat control caps. For install, just carefully pull on the old caps one by one. They come off pretty easy.

Chrome Door Seat Adjust Button Switch Mercedes Benz E Class W212 218 CLS X166 GL | eBay

Enjoy.
Just ordered the seat caps. $35. Not sure if I would have paid $36. lol

It's a nice touch though.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2015 | 11:07 PM
Banned

Just ordered the seat caps. $35. Not sure if I would have paid $36. lol

It's a nice touch though.

Thanks
Would you paid $335 ( jk ) through Mercedes. It is the same material and finish as the OEM. Lol, but it does make it look better. Enjoy.
Old 07-09-2015 | 08:11 PM

All those "unclassy" dealers? Lol

Sorry, I couldnt resist.

See first reply after initial post.
Let's not confuse popularity with class
Old 07-09-2015 | 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let's not confuse popularity with class
Let's not confuse that you are the only one here with something negative to say on the matter.

Remember when your mom told you all those years ago:

"Son, if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all"

And lastly what you are suggesting, is that dealers of 6-figure cars are installing these because they think they are popular with no regard for class?

Hmmmmmm? Nah I don't think so.
Old 07-09-2015 | 11:10 PM

I don't see an internet forum as a love-in. It is a place for people to express opinions.
I apologise if a negative opinion detracts from your love of your mod.
MB, and all dealers, are sales people. Bottom line matters. Hence the ba$tardisation of the AMG brand, and BMW M also, onto anything they can stick it on, to increase sales.
I don't hold any salesman, or dealership, in such high esteem. They have a job to do.
Remember, nothing personal.

Last edited by LFC09; 07-09-2015 at 11:11 PM. Reason: spell check on naughty words.
Old 07-10-2015 | 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't see an internet forum as a love-in. It is a place for people to express opinions.
I apologise if a negative opinion detracts from your love of your mod.
MB, and all dealers, are sales people. Bottom line matters. Hence the ba$tardisation of the AMG brand, and BMW M also, onto anything they can stick it on, to increase sales.
I don't hold any salesman, or dealership, in such high esteem. They have a job to do.
Remember, nothing personal.
All fine and good.

As I said in my first reply to you everybody has different tastes.

You are certainly entitled to express that you think something like this will detract from you definition of class. And some people likely will agree. Sobeit.

I would ask you to consider the audience on this thread that you are addressing.

These are people that are in a position to afford very nice expensive vehicles. They didnt get to that position in life because they have no sophistication or class.

Many of us are professionals and well established in life. And we in part got there by knowing how to communicate with others in a constructive manner.

You are correct that these boards are not intended as "love fests". Absolutely. But a 6 word response to a post that simply states something is unclassy. Is hardly civilized.

Done with this now. No hard feelings and likewise, nothing personal.

Cheers.
Old 07-10-2015 | 01:08 AM
Banned

V. I was going to stick with my mom told me don't pick a fight when the fight is not your to pick. But since it was my recommendation, please allow me to say something since this is also going on my car.

I don't go telling you I don't like the color blue, please don't tell me my favorite white is bad taste. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to do it publicly is calling for a fight weather you are a fighter or not.

V. I have said it earlier when I first join this forum about if you don't have something good to say, please don't say anything at all.

I and I believe you too have try to help people on this forum and when it comes to push and shove, we are the bad guys. Nobody likes to admit when one is wrong, I tried it with an public apology when I was wrong ( you commented so you know what I'm talking about ) but.....

I sincerely believe growing up with a Mustang as a first car, people moving up to an AMG is mature, but it's life bro.
Old 07-10-2015 | 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V. I was going to stick with my mom told me don't pick a fight when the fight is not your to pick. But since it was my recommendation, please allow me to say something since this is also going on my car.

I don't go telling you I don't like the color blue, please don't tell me my favorite white is bad taste. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to do it publicly is calling for a fight weather you are a fighter or not.

V. I have said it earlier when I first join this forum about if you don't have something good to say, please don't say anything at all.

I and I believe you too have try to help people on this forum and when it comes to push and shove, we are the bad guys. Nobody likes to admit when one is wrong, I tried it with an public apology when I was wrong ( you commented so you know what I'm talking about ) but.....

I sincerely believe growing up with a Mustang as a first car, people moving up to an AMG is mature, but it's life bro.
David,

I am confused. Are you suggesting that what I posted was somehow out of line? I didnt question anyone's taste. I stated that everybody has different tastes. I simply objected to the negative tone that the other guy (dont remember his name at the moment) was presenting.

Did I comment somewhere that I didnt like your white car? I dont think so. I believe I said somehwere, on a different thread and different topic, that white isnt my first choice, but that it looked great on the car of question. I dont recall, was that your car? It was certainly meant as a compliment, not a dig. My wife doesnt like black cars, but I dont take that at all personally.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting your post here? Are you indirectly questioning his comment by speaking to me?

Sorry if I am missing something. If you are coming at me, please go back and read the entire thread an I believe you will find that I didnt treat anybody unfairly.
Regards
Old 07-11-2015 | 12:09 AM
Banned

David,

I am confused. Are you suggesting that what I posted was somehow out of line? I didnt question anyone's taste. I stated that everybody has different tastes. I simply objected to the negative tone that the other guy (dont remember his name at the moment) was presenting.

Did I comment somewhere that I didnt like your white car? I dont think so. I believe I said somehwere, on a different thread and different topic, that white isnt my first choice, but that it looked great on the car of question. I dont recall, was that your car? It was certainly meant as a compliment, not a dig. My wife doesnt like black cars, but I dont take that at all personally.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting your post here? Are you indirectly questioning his comment by speaking to me?

Sorry if I am missing something. If you are coming at me, please go back and read the entire thread an I believe you will find that I didnt treat anybody unfairly.
Regards
Bro. Nothing I said was directed at you. I was indirectly saying something hoping what they say was bad. WE tried our best to do good with members. I wrote serval threads that was shot down and at the end, people couldn't have the common decency to say, hey I was right.

I have a all black MB and all white so you know I wasnt talking about you. Just trying to make a point.

You said something I have said. If you ( others ) don't have something good to say, please say anything.
Old 07-11-2015 | 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bro. Nothing I said was directed at you. I was indirectly saying something hoping what they say was bad. WE tried our best to do good with members. I wrote serval threads that was shot down and at the end, people couldn't have the common decency to say, hey I was right.

I have a all black MB and all white so you know I wasnt talking about you. Just trying to make a point.

You said something I have said. If you ( others ) don't have something good to say, please say anything.
Great!

Maybe I had one too many beers before trying to understand your post. I thought we were all good and pleased that we are. So no worries.

Looks like we are in agreement.

I think you, Peter, and myself are all trying to keep things constructive, positive, and fun. And others that I might have have missed.

Bad taste or not, I REALLY LIKE MY AMG SHADOW LIGHTS!

Cheers
Old 07-11-2015 | 12:58 AM
Banned

Great!

Maybe I had one too many beers before trying to understand your post. I thought we were all good and pleased that we are. So no worries.

Looks like we are in agreement.

I think you, Peter, and myself are all trying to keep things constructive, positive, and fun. And others that I might have have missed.

Bad taste or not, I REALLY LIKE MY AMG SHADOW LIGHTS!

Cheers
It was not about out how they like the shadows light, it was about us. Sorry if I sounded like I was up your as.

Last edited by Davidkuo0330; 07-11-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-12-2015 | 07:44 PM

'11 E63
haha I just put those in my e63 right before I left for 4th of July. They're very bright, and fun. Cant beat them for the price.