Sponsored by:

Looking for a set of rims/tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S 4Matic
Looking for a set of rims/tires

My dad just got his 2014 E63 AMG S 4Matic last week and we live in the midwest so we're looking for a set of winter/all season tires.

I found some winter performance and all season performance tires on tire rack, but I was wondering if we have to buy rims too?

Or can we just put the new tires on the rims we already have (19 inch AMG 10 spoke black with Pirelli P Zeros that came from the factory)?

What rims/tires do you guys recommend?

Should we get just the tires or rims too?

Also, how long do the P zeros last? Ours have 13,500 miles and still have good tread based on the penny test.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question this is the first performance car we've had.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:57 PM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by sean3315
My dad just got his 2014 E63 AMG S 4Matic last week and we live in the midwest so we're looking for a set of winter/all season tires.

I found some winter performance and all season performance tires on tire rack, but I was wondering if we have to buy rims too?

Or can we just put the new tires on the rims we already have (19 inch AMG 10 spoke black with Pirelli P Zeros that came from the factory)?

What rims/tires do you guys recommend?

Should we get just the tires or rims too?

Also, how long do the P zeros last? Ours have 13,500 miles and still have good tread based on the penny test.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question this is the first performance car we've had.
You should buy rims with the tires for a few reasons.

1. It will be less time consuming, and less expensive swapping them on/off each year. $50 instead of $150 twice per year. 30 mins instead of 1.5hrs.
2. You will eliminate the risk of damaging your AMG wheels, or those Pirellis when peeling them off and on twice per year.
3. It's nice to see your ride with a different set of rims. Will make you get less tired of it.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
might be looking to sell my OEM black 19" inch rims if youd be interested?? maybe this fall