So this showed up today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 sl55
So this showed up today!

So this showed up today!-3et5fh1.jpg

my AMS Catless downpipes are finally here. Install is happening tomorrow. Gonna try and make sure I get some before/after videos.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 E350 Wagon
Every time an AMG gets an exhaust upgrade...a kitten is born. Both are beautiful. Waiting patiently for vid.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:49 PM

2005 sl55
No exhaust clips yet, getting a little late around here, will post some tomorrow.

Car sounds amazing, no drone, just louder when you step on it.

Few pics from the install

This is the rest of the box. Exhaust came in 3 pieces per side.
So this showed up today!-olzon1e.jpg

Mounting hardware. They utilize v-bands on the downpipe to midpipe connection, then a slip joint on mid pipe to section that meets factory exhaust.
So this showed up today!-i8pgyfz.jpg

Got both the factory exhaust parts out. It was one massive piece. Was a little annoying working around the hot factory cats.
So this showed up today!-j3ix7vr.jpg

This is one part completed and installed. Left everything loose to make sure things lined up properly.
So this showed up today!-wnbl6fm.jpg

Tail section. Uses a neat bubble flange to mate the resonator to the tail end of the mid pipe.

So this showed up today!-xgqtx0d.jpg

Fighting with the flanges. with how they go from a 2.5" to 3" (guessing on dimensions) it made things a little difficult to install. Was time consuming more than anything, but no big deal.

So this showed up today!-uroxpas.jpg

Here you can kind of see what I'm talking about with the flange. They were annoying to work around, but we got it done.

So this showed up today!-ezgft9x.jpg

This is a crossbar that no longer fits with the new exhaust. Hopefully there isn't too much chassis flex without it.

So this showed up today!-x1lhtw7.jpg

These pieces went over the slip joint and helped seal it. It's kinda neat how they just molded to the slip joint. Torqued them to 25 ft/lbs.

So this showed up today!-kynkgwy.jpg

Overall installation wasn't bad. Would have been nice if AMS had supplied some instructions/guidance, or even just torque specs.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63 AMG S Diamond White Saloon
nice job, thanks for the pics!
Old 10-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Originally Posted by herpderp

my AMS Catless downpipes are finally here. Install is happening tomorrow. Gonna try and make sure I get some before/after videos.
Nice.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls55
No exhaust clips yet, getting a little late around here, will post some tomorrow.

Car sounds amazing, no drone, just louder when you step on it.

Few pics from the install

This is the rest of the box. Exhaust came in 3 pieces per side.

Mounting hardware. They utilize v-bands on the downpipe to midpipe connection, then a slip joint on mid pipe to section that meets factory exhaust.

Got both the factory exhaust parts out. It was one massive piece. Was a little annoying working around the hot factory cats.

This is one part completed and installed. Left everything loose to make sure things lined up properly.

Tail section. Uses a neat bubble flange to mate the resonator to the tail end of the mid pipe.

Fighting with the flanges. with how they go from a 2.5" to 3" (guessing on dimensions) it made things a little difficult to install. Was time consuming more than anything, but no big deal.

Here you can kind of see what I'm talking about with the flange. They were annoying to work around, but we got it done.

This is a crossbar that no longer fits with the new exhaust. Hopefully there isn't too much chassis flex without it.

These pieces went over the slip joint and helped seal it. It's kinda neat how they just molded to the slip joint. Torqued them to 25 ft/lbs.

Overall installation wasn't bad. Would have been nice if AMS had supplied some instructions/guidance, or even just torque specs.
awesome I have the AMS catless downpipes on stock exhaust sounds amazing, would like to hear your setup videos please!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:26 PM

2005 sl55
Some clips. I suck at editing videos, so they're a little rough.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG

Free revving

Brake torque
OMG
Old 10-24-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes Benz E 63 S AMG Wagon

Free revving

Brake torque

Hey I'm pretty sure we live in the same town. You must have picked up your wagon from heritage Valley. I saw it there when I was looking for mine. Would you mind pm-ing me what it cost you for your exhaust and where you got it installed?

Thanks