Sponsored by:

Flex Fuel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 12:46 AM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
E63S AMG
Bumping this one up...

Any tuners willing to take this project on yet?
Old 07-20-2018, 04:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E55, GMC Suburban, F430 matchbox, Caddooo DTS
Originally Posted by efiftyfizzle
are any of the tuners here looking into flex fuel options on these cars or are they trying to keep pushing $10k+ turbo upgrades?

Coming soon.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:04 AM

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts
2013 E550
@b0kix
Any updates on your ethanol testing?
Old 12-16-2019, 04:26 PM

Received 577 Likes on 248 Posts
2014 AMG E63S and 2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by gaspam
i had this come up on my car when doing a testing run up to 165mph.... at first thought it was spark blowout/misfires as car started to stumble and went into limp mode... pulled over checked codes, restarted went home and talked to renntech and they said they needed to adjust my tune as MB has a electronic limit built into the fueling and it just limits pressure to a certain amount even though the system can pump more.... they removed that limitation in my tune and no more low fuel pressure at extended high mph runs

its odd that i never heard about that before as its known to renntech, but then again I guess it only shows up on very high mph extended runs on and off the throttle so i guess not a lot of people are doing that or reporting it.... just odd they dont change their tune to remove that limitation in the first place
Bumping this thread back from the dead... anyone have updates on peoples Flex Tune experiences? I can't be the only one doing this currently...
What is being described above was experienced by a friend at 180 mph at the Texas Mile. He sold his car shortly after that so I wonder if the fuel pressure was the culprit. He was running a Renntech tune/downpipes on his W213 E63S.
I experienced this while flex fuel testing with a Eurocharged tune running E60 in the quarter mile. Logging indicated fuel rail pressure was the culprit. The ECU cut throttle before the engine could lean out. Jerry made some changes to the tune and the fuel cut issue was resolved. I wonder if it would rear its ugly head on longer runs, say at a 1 mile event...