Sponsored by:

Dealers not covering a fix, been getting the run around. Suggestion/help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 6.3
Dealers not covering a fix, been getting the run around. Suggestion/help needed

Took my 10 E63 in about 3-4 weeks ago due to humming/whistling sound, dealership called and said it was the gaskets around my intake manifold and it was covered under CPO. The day after they started work on my car they found a bad*breather*hose*part*1560100370 $832.50 and said this part was not covered. After calling mbusa and getting a warranty PDF file sent to me they agreed that it falls under 80k 8 yr emissions warranty, its an emissions part. I went to the dealer and let them know the situation before giving them the ok. Advisor said he did everything in his power and talked to mb warranty center to try and get it covered and they said no. I wanted my car back already and said go thru with the work. Ill just figure it out after my car is back in my hands. I specifically made an appointment with the advisor that I normally deal with, the other guy just rubs me the wrong way. Somehow I ended up with him.

This part is an emissions part online, in the parts department and everywhere I've looked. MBUSA over the phone says it the dealerships decision, and my dealer says its MBUSA decision.

Is there a better way to get a hold of mb cpo over the phone? Or any ideas or options will be greatly appreciated.

They also charged me for gaskets and labor for that part.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Interesting that a part, any part, that is not usually subject to wear and tear, is not covered by CPO.
Sorry I got nothing for you but by virtue of the fact that the car is CPO I would assume it would have been covered regardless
Old 02-12-2016, 03:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Havent looked at a CPO car in years, and I cant help you here but man even now the CPO warranties sounds like they have silly loop holes that the 3rd party warranties used to have. Sorry man hope you work it out.