Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:59 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Pumpkinate
I agree. I got my tune and turboback downpipes for US$2650 and fitting was a bit under US$1000, great value.... it's friggin fast now!
Is your car RWD or AWD...?

because if it's AWD, please do share on how you got the turbo back pipes to fit and for that price

Last edited by Zod; 08-01-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
RWD in Australia
Old 08-01-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by Lenin
So, after the 4 pages, you have basically settled for 1-4 below plus weight reduction strategy and you may consider 5 and 6 later since right now you don't see the good enough payback for these for the AWD version of the E63S?

1) ECU Tune; pick your poison, Renntech, Alpha, and Speedriven are probably the top choices. Tunes are not rocket science, HP and torque improvements are contingent on how much the tuner wants to push the numbers. The "lesser" tunes will often result in more daily driver satisfaction because they don't push the TCU as much.

2) Improved intake volumetric efficiency i.e. AMS carbon intake system, Renntech carbon intake system (IMO the AMS is a better design).

3) Improved intercooler performance i.e. full AMS turbo cooler system. This is especially important if you track the car, make repeated 1/4 mile passes, or operate daily in a hot climate. The resultant heat soak kills performance in turbo cars.

4) Replacement transmission pan that improves fluid capacity and cooling. High transmission fluid temps are one of the variables that the TCU algorithm monitors. My preference is the Speedriven billet pan because the Weistech is cast aluminum.
From post #8 in this thread:

"Personally, I don't want to lose the cruise control in my daily driver. The parts I have acquired for my car, all of which will be installed this winter when the car is in storage, include the following:

1)Speedriven billet trans pan (already installed as I like to do a break-in trans service at 5k)

2)AMS CF intake system and full intercooler w/reservoir

3)RADO catless downpipes (just ordered)

4)AMS exhaust w/H pipe

5)ECU will happen over the winter, undecided on tuner

6)Lithium Ion batteries

That will be it for a few years. This car is my daily driver spring through late fall and I won't compromise on reliability. A daily driver that can do 0-60 in under 3.0 seconds, the quarter mile in the 10's and is totally reliable is enough for me at the present time. When the warranty is out I will probably buy a facelifted AMG S Class coupe for a daily non-winter driver (the last of the teenagers will be off to college) and keep the E63 for a full tilt build to include standalone ECU, full drivetrain, engine internals, turbos, etc. By then, all the development on these types of modifications will be fully mature."

I am installing items 1-6 from post #1 plus lithium ion batteries which were also mentioned in post #1. Did you read beyond post #1?
Old 08-01-2016, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by BerndV
I am installing items 1-6 from post #1 plus lithium ion batteries which were also mentioned in post #1. Did you read beyond post #1?
I guess you missed the point of my question. I did read all the posts and just wanted to know if you, at the end of the 4 pages of posts, is still of the same opinion as in post 1 and post 8. I happen to share your analysis and your approach to the possible future development for the M157 AWD platform and it is of interest to me. I loved getting my C32 to the point where I ran 12.34 sec 1/4 mile but it came with a price. I just want to avoid some of the mistakes that were made along the way, especially with the exhaust system.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
SMH Just spend $240 on a pedalbox and you all will be happy
Old 08-01-2016, 03:01 PM

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by Lenin
I guess you missed the point of my question. I did read all the posts and just wanted to know if you, at the end of the 4 pages of posts, is still of the same opinion as in post 1 and post 8. I happen to share your analysis and your approach to the possible future development for the M157 AWD platform and it is of interest to me. I loved getting my C32 to the point where I ran 12.34 sec 1/4 mile but it came with a price. I just want to avoid some of the mistakes that were made along the way, especially with the exhaust system.
Yes, my opinion regarding the performance modifications that make the most sense on the AWD E63, absent anything that either manipulates or modifies the TCU, remains exactly the same.