Sponsored by:

Hit the dragway (several runs)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 08:45 PM

Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Probably somewhere laughing and talking about 9s...
Don't douche up the thread man; trying to keep it experiential.

I doubt they are laughing. Most people who actually run their cars without the ego (pretending they actually engineered and 'built' the thing) don't have the attitude you speak of. There are some, but the majority are folks who chose a car, put some effort into it, and are having fun.

Bench racing is pointless....want to win? Bench race a slow car. Feel like losing? Bench race a fast car. Easy.

Last edited by Ralcbah; 09-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,437 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Ralcbah

I doubt they are laughing. Most people who actually run their cars without the ego (pretending they actually engineered and 'built' the thing) don't have the attitude you speak of. There are some, but the majority are folks who chose a car, put some effort into it, and are having fun.

Bench racing is pointless....want to win? Bench race a slow car. Feel like losing? Bench race a fast car. Easy.
i don't think he's trying to offend you but you did ask where the Audi players are ... they are in the 9's; chiro ain't a bench racer, he's been at the track for years

congrats on your success and thanks for your contributions
Old 09-03-2017, 01:21 AM
e65

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2014 E63 S model
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
i don't think he's trying to offend you but you did ask where the Audi players are ... they are in the 9's; chiro ain't a bench racer, he's been at the track for years

Audi drivetrain is more effective at putting power to the ground which makes for better standing start perdormance. RS5 stock has 1.7ish 60'. Not all Races in the real world begin from a standing start.

RS7s in the 9s, that would be the exception extreme build.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:49 AM

2018 E63S

You are wrong...i didn't ask where the Audi's are....I know where they are. I see them. But thanks...

I didn't call him a bench racer. Simply said benchracing is pointless. Don't get offended. It's all fun and games. Nothing too serious about this.

Last edited by Ralcbah; 09-03-2017 at 07:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jvakos (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 469 Likes on 206 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
You are wrong...i didn't ask where the Audi's are....I know where they are. I see them. But thanks...

I didn't call him a bench racer. Simply said benchracing is pointless. Don't get offended. It's all fun and games. Nothing too serious about this.
This is a great thread let's keep it that way fellas..@ralcbah we have the same mods EC stage 2 catless downpipes , I did the downpipes myself by purchasing 2.75 stainless steel pipes for $35 bucks each , dropped the exhaust then cut the widest part of the downpipes before the cat that way when it was welded it already had the transition from 2.5 to 2.75 then had a stainless o2 bung welded in the same spot as stock location. Took it to get welded by a professional welder because my welding skills are questionable. Total in cost was $220 but I digress.. have you tried tracking your car in dyno mode? If you have and posted that I'm srry I didn't read entire thread , also you should try running your meth pre turbo , I think you would benefit much more as it will make the turbos behave more efficient and act as if they are bigger turbos plus you will see about 1.5 psi more.i have pre turbo injection running 90% pure m1 meth and 10% distilled water. I have t tracked but I've taken out a friends hellcat that's worked and he has done consistent 11.3 times at 129mph, so I pray when I do hit the track my times are near 10 sec mark like yours... forgot to put great ****ing job btw!!

Last edited by Cifdig; 09-03-2017 at 11:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jvakos (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 11:45 AM

2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Cifdig
This is a great thread let's keep it that way fellas..@ralcbah we have the same mods EC stage 2 catless downpipes , I did the downpipes myself by purchasing 2.75 stainless steel pipes for $35 bucks each , dropped the exhaust then cut the widest part of the downpipes before the cat that way when it was welded it already had the transition from 2.5 to 2.75 then had a stainless o2 bung welded in the same spot as stock location. Took it to get welded by a professional welder because my welding skills are questionable. Total in cost was $220 but I digress.. have you tried tracking your car in dyno mode? If you have and posted that I'm srry I didn't read entire thread , also you should try running your meth pre turbo , I think you would benefit much more as it will make the turbos behave more efficient and act as if they are bigger turbos plus you will see about 1.5 psi more.i have pre turbo injection running 90% pure m1 meth and 10% distilled water. I have t tracked but I've taken out a friends hellcat that's worked and he has done consistent 11.3 times at 129mph, so I pray when I do hit the track my times are near 10 sec mark like yours... forgot to put great ****ing job btw!!
Cool cool. Thx man. Sounds like you definitely went the right route regarding catless pipes! Running max 23.5 lbs of boost on current tune. The EC stage 2 is a great street tune...couldn't ask for more really. My race tune is different and delivers low end torque in a potent way. I'll run
more meth in the system next time. There is a bit more I can squeeze out of it. Better launch...better w/m mix as you mentioned. Set out to get into 10s...new goal is 10.7s. we'll see!

Let us know how your ride runs!
Old 09-03-2017, 12:11 PM

Cool cool. Thx man. Sounds like you definitely went the right route regarding catless pipes! Running max 23.5 lbs of boost on current tune. The EC stage 2 is a great street tune...couldn't ask for more really. My race tune is different and delivers low end torque in a potent way. I'll run
more meth in the system next time. There is a bit more I can squeeze out of it. Better launch...better w/m mix as you mentioned. Set out to get into 10s...new goal is 10.7s. we'll see!

Let us know how your ride runs!
If you have the time really try to place your nozzles pre turbo I truly feel you would see the most gain in this position. It is well documented that pre intercooler injection has least benifits. So I can deff say that if you did opted to try this that you would have no problem seeing 10.7. Use number 2 nozzles which gives you a perfect mist for pre turbo. Mine is boost activated , I was able to find a perfect vacuum/pressure tap at the intercooler. Mine activates at 12psi and stays onn until I let off, no delay in turbo response what so ever and it pulls like a freight train until redline.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,437 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned

oh you didn't offend, sorry you're getting upset over this, I'll tune out of this thread.

nice work on the '63

Last edited by PeterUbers; 09-03-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

I was just throwing back the smartassed remark and all in good fun so there's no need for you or anyone to take offense.

I've been racing (not bench racing) AMGs for over a decade and cars/motorcycles in general for 30 years so I'm pretty familiar with the type of people involved. My current attitude is simply based on two facts, we should be in the 10s with very little effort already and that this is the first time Audi and BMW have been able to spank us so yes, I'm a little bitter about it.

Actually since we can't even compete with baby M or RS cars, I'm becoming a lot bitter! Lol

Last edited by chiromikey; 09-03-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:57 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
If you have the time really try to place your nozzles pre turbo I truly feel you would see the most gain in this position. It is well documented that pre intercooler injection has least benifits. So I can deff say that if you did opted to try this that you would have no problem seeing 10.7. Use number 2 nozzles which gives you a perfect mist for pre turbo. Mine is boost activated , I was able to find a perfect vacuum/pressure tap at the intercooler. Mine activates at 12psi and stays onn until I let off, no delay in turbo response what so ever and it pulls like a freight train until redline.
Sounds like an effective setup! What meth kit are you using? You have any pics of nozzle placement? I have had a meth kit sitting around for awhile was just waiting to get a tune to install but might just do it prior. Appreciate your input!
Old 09-03-2017, 01:25 PM

2018 E63S
I'll hit you up in pm. Thx much
Old 09-03-2017, 01:25 PM

2018 E63S
oh you didn't offend, sorry you're getting upset over this, I'll tune out of this thread.

nice work on the '63
Upset? Nah bud. And pls do tune out. No mbworld group think to spread here.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:43 PM
e65

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2014 E63 S model
Nobody needs to tune out. Lets all be best friends again starting.... now!

I think even post intercooler meth would add exhaust volume which would help the turbos spool quicker.

my best results were with starting meth at 2psi boost. No adjustment to ECU just turned that Start boost knob as far as I could counterclockwise

Last edited by e65; 09-03-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by TTMerc
Sounds like an effective setup! What meth kit are you using? You have any pics of nozzle placement? I have had a meth kit sitting around for awhile was just waiting to get a tune to install but might just do it prior. Appreciate your input!
Do not tune for it, because if the system fails your ecu will not be able to adjust enough, believe it or not there is slight power to be had just installing the kit with the right atomization and meth mix. Think of it when you start your car at 6 am when air is coolest and the oxygen content is high your car feels amazing, well this is what it will feel like after the car warms up even after back to back runs. If you beat the crap out of it granted it will pull timing slightly but not nearly the same as it would without. My placement of the nozzles is controversial, I've tried and test so many placements on my 4cyl track car , the best would be post intercooler but for us that's not an easy option. Most people place the nozzle 2" away from the blades which works great and some place it upstream like I did. When you place it upstream you have to use higher meth content . I placed mine right before the down stream after the intake filters . As it's activated the turbo is sucking in very hard and bybthe time it reaches the turbo blades it sucks up a lot of heat in the intake pipes which keeps the turbo from compressing hot air plus the added benefit of the meth being sucked quenched and pushed through the turbo . I can even still smell the meth leaving the exhaust so it manages to still make it into the intake chambers what with I'd assume a very good atomized mixture. I'm not familiar how to get my photos on the tread. It if you pm me your number I can text you photos of my placement. Which I've had installed for the last month without issue knock on wood, I'm using alcohol injection system 3 gallon trunk mounted kit which only cost $500 at the time with all the hardware needed. And comes woth a very easy to use boost activated switch

Last edited by Cifdig; 09-03-2017 at 02:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cifdig:
jvakos (09-03-2017), TTMerc (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
Do not tune for it, because if the system fails your ecu will not be able to adjust enough, believe it or not there is slight power to be had just installing the kit with the right atomization and meth mix. Think of it when you start your car at 6 am when air is coolest and the oxygen content is high your car feels amazing, well this is what it will feel like after the car warms up even after back to back runs. If you beat the crap out of it granted it will pull timing slightly but not nearly the same as it would without. My placement of the nozzles is controversial, I've tried and test so many placements on my 4cyl track car , the best would be post intercooler but for us that's not an easy option. Most people place the nozzle 2" away from the blades which works great and some place it upstream like I did. When you place it upstream you have to use higher meth content . I placed mine right before the down stream after the intake filters . As it's activated the turbo is sucking in very hard and bybthe time it reaches the turbo blades it sucks up a lot of heat in the intake pipes which keeps the turbo from compressing hot air plus the added benefit of the meth being sucked quenched and pushed through the turbo . I can even still smell the meth leaving the exhaust so it manages to still make it into the intake chambers what with I'd assume a very good atomized mixture. I'm not familiar how to get my photos on the tread. It if you pm me your number I can text you photos of my placement. Which I've had installed for the last month without issue knock on wood, I'm using alcohol injection system 3 gallon trunk mounted kit which only cost $500 at the time with all the hardware needed. And comes woth a very easy to use boost activated switch
Awesome info here!What about Nitrous plumbing? Pre or post?
Old 10-29-2017, 08:39 AM

2018 E63S
Quarter Mile on 10/28:
- ran on 93 octane pump gas to see what car would do without race fuel
- still sprayed meth/water of course
- ET range: 10.980 >> 11.017...pretty consistent again
- trap speed range: 126.71 >> 127.45 mph
- cut a 1.637 60ft, and several more in the 1.6 range...stickier tires would help
- raced a stage 1 991.2 turbo s (tune only)....ran 10.4 at 133 pretty consistently...never seen a street car get up to speed that quickly, with no drama at all; really impressive work by Porsche....perfection

Half Mile on 10/29 (really cool event!!)....had a blast, met some good folks, saw some ridic cars
- ran gtx260plus fuel (104 octane)
- max speed range: 157.9 - 158.898 ....quite good for a stock turbo car, compared to the other racers
- car ran great; no timing pulls at all through the entire half mile
- good cooling with the meth/water
- comparisons (results will eventually be posted):
- stock f10m5....runs 139mph
- 650rwhp f10m5 (r888r, dps, ecu flash, intake, muffler mod)....runs 154mph at best, a little lower (149) when running warm
- fbo zr1....runs 162mph
- some very fast highly modded caddys out there....in the 160s
- turbo upgraded f10 m5 (sponsor car)....in the high 160s....sounded fantastic
- attached two logs for your viewing pleasure
- it's been said that a fbo f10 m5 has a stronger top end than our car; this is only one data point, but I don't think that's the case after running with this gentleman...maybe if he had run meth, may be closer? sick m5 though
- several hellcats running, but not sure what they did or how they were modded
- buddy's w204 c63 weistec stage 3+ ran 158 consistently as well...this thing runs 1/4 mile in 10.3 at 136

Last edited by Ralcbah; 10-29-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:10 AM

2018 E63S
...and a lesson learned. If you do a half mile event at an airstrip, remember not to launch your car like you're on a prepped dragway. I was excited, and launched this thing at 3,000 rpms, tires blazing, smoke and rocks flying, and ended up turning the car a good 45 degrees towards the other racer (still in my lane)....no one close to being harmed of course, but i was told it looked like I mistook the starting line for the burnout box. Good times.

Last edited by Ralcbah; 10-29-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:17 PM

...and a lesson learned. If you do a half mile event at an airstrip, remember not to launch your car like you're on a prepped dragway. I was excited, and launched this thing at 3,000 rpms, tires blazing, smoke and rocks flying, and ended up turning the car a good 45 degrees towards the other racer (still in my lane)....no one close to being harmed of course, but i was told it looked like I mistook the starting line for the burnout box. Good times.

awesome!!! Which ecu did you use.. you have 2 correct?
Old 10-29-2017, 03:26 PM

2018 E63S
awesome!!! Which ecu did you use.. you have 2 correct?
Yes! Was fun day man. ran the race ecu with baldi tune. It allows me to spray boost juice starting at 5 psi and hit max spray around 12psi.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:50 PM

Yes! Was fun day man. ran the race ecu with baldi tune. It allows me to spray boost juice starting at 5 psi and hit max spray around 12psi.
i Love my power. EC stage 2 is amazing but I would like more free power at take off, I think I’m going to invest in a second ecu like you. I can’t get a ec custom tune because I’m in n.y and they don’t have a tuner close by. And I sure don’t want to write over the tune because it’s awesome. I may seek a custom tuner as well. My pre turbo meth is giving me insane top end. What did it run you in total second ecu and tune. Also how did you read your IAT temps, box? Going to the dyno next week I still need to see what I’m doing now.. also can a tuner raise launch mode rpm? Say another 500 rpm. That would be bad ***

Last edited by Cifdig; 10-29-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:44 PM

2018 E63S
i Love my power. EC stage 2 is amazing but I would like more free power at take off, I think I’m going to invest in a second ecu like you. I can’t get a ec custom tune because I’m in n.y and they don’t have a tuner close by. And I sure don’t want to write over the tune because it’s awesome. I may seek a custom tuner as well. My pre turbo meth is giving me insane top end. What did it run you in total second ecu and tune. Also how did you read your IAT temps, box? Going to the dyno next week I still need to see what I’m doing now.. also can a tuner raise launch mode rpm? Say another 500 rpm. That would be bad ***
The readings came from a Bluetooth odbii module, and I use torque to log the data. Regarding the ECU, someone found it for me, and I paid 1k, which is probably high for used. Ah well, I didn't have to do anything, and the first one procured didn't work. I think I remember gad upped launch mode rpm for someone.

Last edited by Ralcbah; 10-29-2017 at 09:12 PM.