Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Initial impression after Eurocharge tune and Downpipes

Holy Sh*t Batman !!

Yeah the tune and pipes make a huge freaking difference, do it ! Car pulls SOOO much harder in every gear compared to stock. Feels like it is on edge of traction now. Turbos spool so quick and the increase in thrust is simply astonishing.

When I got me E55 I had a 185mm pulley, 82 mm TB, Longtube headers, killer chiller etc etc put on all at once. I remember test driving it right afterwards and feeling pretty darn disappointing honestly. $8K in mods and labor I just expected it to wow me. Just didn't "feel" that much faster even though it was. This tune with downpipes that ran me less than half that and took a few hours has a HUGE wow factor ! Feels so much faster its not even funny. I was preparing myself to be disappointed instead I was very pleasantly surprised.

Met Phill with Eurocharged and Vlad with ASP here in Bay Area Ca. Super nice guys. Spent almost two hours on my car. I just put on my MBH catless downpipes today. Said the base tune for catless downpipes was 100% so they upped it a bit with a "higher TQ" tune. They couldn't book an AWD dyno in time for event but they did do a good amount of street tuning. Car feels fantastic !

Now my 0-60 times are better but not as fast as I had hoped. I dont think they are telling the whole story though. It is also possible it is losing a little traction as my front tires are the cheapest damn tires the dealer could find. Ripped a few back to back 3.4 and 3.5 0-60s using my V-box. Was expecting 3.0-3.2s honestly. Seems to be a little delay or hiccup when using race mode "launch control" that is possibly giving lower readings. I have never been in a car that pulled like this including my E55 AMG that was able to pull 3.5 0-60s with R compound tires. The instant grip is just mind blowing. I cant tell you how nice it is to be at a stop light and just know all you need to do is floor it to beat the guy next to you if you want to. I notice how hard I pull on every car from lights now without trying. When I was in my CTS or Vette to pull like that was a lot louder and difficult. This thing just makes it so simple. That being said I finally got some Super sport tires for my new Vette and haven't really tested them out yet. Expect they will hook a lot better and drop my 3.7 PB 0-60 on spin city tires. 345s are a nice thing to have and next best thing to AWD =)

Amazingly enough, driving around town and on freeway it doesnt seem louder than stock. When you really open it up it has a little deeper growl inside the car. Outside it was quite loud when they drove by WOT. I never heard it stock to compare. No need to add resonators or anything like I thought I would.

Overall super stoked
The following users liked this post:
Zod (08-21-2016)